Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
    I agree with the above
    But, point of trivia, isn't Andromeda the closest Galaxy to MW?
    Of comparable size yes, but otherwise no. The MW is above average in size when it comes to galaxies, and Andromeda is even bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Excalibar View Post
      ok guys facts aside this is a scifi tv show. anything can happen because it is SCIENCE FICTION
      Okay. I have a premise for a Historical Fiction story: Julius Caesar and Joseph Stalin lead their armies of musket-armed undead soldiers riding on undead horses against Thomas Edison, a mad scientist trying to take over the world with an electric death ray.

It is, after all, historical fiction.

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
      But, point of trivia, isn't Andromeda the closest Galaxy to MW?
      Not by a long shot. It is the closest large galaxy, but there are a whole host of dwarf galaxies orbiting the Milky Way far closer than Andromeda (e.g., Andromeda is about 2 million light-years away from Earth, the aforementioned Sagittarius Dwarf Elliptical Galaxy is only 70 thousand light-years from Earth.).
      "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
      - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
      - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
      - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post

Not by a long shot. It is the closest large galaxy, but there are a whole host of dwarf galaxies orbiting the Milky Way far closer than Andromeda (e.g., Andromeda is about 2 million light-years away from Earth, the aforementioned Sagittarius Dwarf Elliptical Galaxy is only 70 thousand light-years from Earth.).
        Chears!
        sigpic
        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Okay. I have a premise for a Historical Fiction story: Julius Caesar and Joseph Stalin lead their armies of musket-armed undead soldiers riding on undead horses against Thomas Edison, a mad scientist trying to take over the world with an electric death ray.

It is, after all, historical fiction.

on reply to my part of the post it is possible because its fiction
          Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

ok guys facts aside this is a scifi tv show. anything can happen because it is SCIENCE FICTION
            funny. what are you doing in the Sci and Tech section? this is the place MADE for such discussions.

also, mitchell's 2c.

"Never underestimate your audience. they are generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment"

Comment

You're just now figuring this out?

For one thing, Pegasus is only 4,000 light-years across. However, in "Adrift," McKay's hyperdrive is said to have a maximum range of about 2,000 light-years. With that sort of range, they could get to just about any planet in Pegasus; even if they were at the very edge of the galaxy, they well over a quarter of all planets in Pegasus. However, the map showing the planets that they can reach with the hyperdrive has less than a dozen planets.
              I too noticed that, the Pegasus galaxy in SG is definately bigger than it is in real life. Michael even references the fact that he reached across 10,000LY to communicate with Telya.
              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Working...
              X