Prometheus Unbound (812)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypnos
    I liked the episode very funny, especially all the sexual innuendos etc.
    the sexual innuendos were crap and childish. Sloppy writting by the writers.

So so episode. A bit pointless, but I'd say 6/10.

Excellent CGI work for the spacebattle scenes. Great ship movements/camera angles.

Comment

will someone post a summary of this episode? there have been none yet.
      come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

This episode was really good! The second half of both Altantis and SG-1's seasons are quite good! I can't wait for "Reckoning".
        sigpic
        In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by geb
          Just like to say what a crap episode and waste of time. What was the point in this episode? Only good point was to see general hammond .

A couple of questions really. Why do the shields fail so quickly and weapons run out so fast? Before you say we dont have enough power for the asgaard upgraded shields why would they update them and not give us the necessary equiment to use them properly.
          I agree. It was funny, and visually nice, but other than that, a complete waste of time.
          It seems like the writers knew this was a filler and didnt put much effort into it. There just seemed to be parts of the episodes missing. The last two episodes of stargate have been very predictable. If they are going to take Farscape actors, they should take their unexpected stories too.

Big Cons were
          1) They don't explain much about vala
          2) Prometheus gets beaten up bu a few gliders. Isn't asgard tech supposed to be in another league compared to the Goauld
          3) Where are these asguard weapons? We've heard them to exist. I cant see the asgard as having a sense of humor to give us Hyperdrive and shields, and say "Yea, sure, a few missles and bullets should keep you safe"

I love this show, but this episode brought up memories of "Space race"

Spoiler free since Jan 3 2005 (It's getting harder each day)
          DOOOOOOOM!

Comment

Prometheus Unbound was such a cute episode!

Cute as in, I give a 3/10 for episode quality and 12/10 for how much I adored it. I know that doesn't make much sense, but there ya have it.

Eps like this generally aren't my prefered flavour of Stargate- the slapstick humour was overdone- and it bordered on corny. It's like everyone was trying really hard to be RDA. They got most of it right though- funniest thing I've seen on Stargate this season was the 'I find you attractive' part. The look MS had was priceless.

...And some of it they got wrong. Whats-her-name Mc'Hiccup was definitely the most annoying character in the history of television. Oh, and the mouth-to-mouth? Oi, lol. The planet they landed on was... interesting. The aliens were, um... different. I guess I've gotten used to aliens looking all human that it just didn't ring true for me. And why did Prometheus get it's butt kicked so hard? Jack better ask Thor for some defence shield upgrades next Christmas.

But hello... Daniel! He and Vala had oodles of chemistry, and they were so funny around each other. I loved watching their scenes, even when it got incredibly cliched. They never really dealt with Vala's past the way I wanted to though... so she was host to a Goa'uld (unlike ANY other woman who has fallen for Danny) and she was tortured etc... but don't we get anything else about her? I guess there was that 'mystery' aspect to her.

Think it's too soon for a D/V ship? I know, everyone's cringing, but I can't help the way my mind works. Unlike most of the 'relationships' Stargate has attempted, they had absolutely no angst. It was just... playful. In a really shallow way. I can't wait to see Vala again! She kicked ass. Definitely has potential to be as cool as Sam Carter... and I wouldn't say that lightly.

So yes. I have a love/hate relationship with this episode... but because I know they'll never do something like it again this season, I'm leaning towards love.
            Last edited by Chlex; 21 December 2004, 07:56 PM.
            Chleximpressed <--- by Kliggins

Comment

Just have to say that I loved this ep. At least they got back to action, even thought we didn't get to see the big round spinny thing that is hiding in the basement.

Loved the Jack/Daniel argument and the way Hammond settled it. And Jack's chair!! LOL! I have to watch future scenes to see if it's really gone!

Walter!! What can you say!? The poor man went nameless for years locking chevron seven and turns out to be one of the hidden jewels in SG1!

Vala/Daniel... Loved it when he punched her in the nose... Didn't seem very hard though, they should have thrown a little blood in there, on both of them. Real punch like that should have brought some blood.

The fruitcake line had me rolling! I wasn't sure about CB in SG1 S9, but now I kinda wish they'd signed her as a regular and BB for a few spots instead of the reverse.

I was laughing the whole ep pretty much. The sexual innuendo didn't bother me in the slightest. I figured that Vala has and was using it to distract Daniel... and it worked for the most part.

The whole "you're not my type" had me rolling because I knew from spoilers that it was Vala in the supersoldier suit... LOL!

And Reynolds giving mouth to mouth to Hammond!! ROTFLMAO!! And his line about, "good waking up, oh, and good job too". I had to go back and watch that again cause I was laughing too hard the first time to catch it!

All in all, I thought it was one of the best eps so far this season. Gemini was also good IMO, so if the rest of S8 is as good as these two, it should be wonderful!!

Comment

this episode was supposed to be funny? it might of been alright if they didnt have the retard hicup girl, wow that was bad.. such a good idea done so wrong.. i get sad when i have to watcha not so good sg1 ep.. i think they keep saving the good stuff for sga witch is having a good s1.

Comment

First of all, I'd like to mention how utterly hilarious it is to see such polar opposite opinions on this ep and Gemini. This fandom never ceases to amaze/humor me.

I was just wondering:

a) Transcript, please!!!

b) And what the frell is up with the hiccups. Madeleine said something earlier, but I was still quite confused. Can anyone clarify please?

Thanks!

Comment

There was a AF Technician (or something) who hiccupped constantly. It started during a briefing Daniel gave.

There was a brilliant line after they'd all been captured; "well on the bright side my hiccups have stopped". Corny I know, but I was in such good spirits from the rest of the ep that I found it hi-larious.

Madeleine

Comment

I finally got to see it. I don't like slapstick humour, or sexual innuendo, and I thought both went way OTT in this. The fight between the two of them was ridiculous, partly because there's no way Vala should have been able to beat up Daniel, not after 8 years of training. And the constant muttering about having sex-- to me this was the writers FORCING an attraction, rather than letting one appear on it's own. Every once in a while I caught a little spark, but it was not in the places where it was written.

If this is what Vala is, and the way S9 is going to be written, I'm not looking forward to it. I'm not a hormone-ridden 14 year old boy and I get no thrill out of an episode like this. When I watch an episode and I see MICHAEL rather than Daniel, then something is wrong. This just isn't Daniel for me, and I'm hugely disappointed. Everything seemed so forced. If I wanted to watch Farscape, then I would go rent the DVD's.

What was with that chickie who kept hicupping? It did nothing for the plot; I assume it was put in there because someone thought it was 'funny.' Can we stop with the 'comedy' and get back to DRAMA?

You only have, what, 40 minutes to tell a story? If it's not pertinent to the plot, then leave it out.

And when you have to give someone CPR, you don't wrinkle up your nose in disgust and hesitate. Both Reynolds and Hammond (AND Damien Kindler!) are far beyond the 'ooh, cooties, he's a boy I can't put my lips on his!' age!

And writers? DANIEL IS NOT JACK. Please stop putting Jack's words into Daniel's mouth, it doesn't sound good at all.

We really need some FEMALES up at Bridge in the writing and producing areas. Some new blood. You're hiring Farscape actors, why not hire a few of thier writers, too? Give yourselves a bit of a break, working on two shows at the same time does not make for good quality.

The best thing in the entire episode was the teaser; that actually felt natural. Other than that, I'll watch this when it airs in the US, but it won't be on my re-watch list.

IMO, this should have been a serious episode, not a 'comedic' one. Nobody's heard from Atlantis in ages, they're going off to hopefully rescue them when they get "hijacked." ARGH.

I'm hugely disappointed.

Dana Jeanne
                      Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                        It doesn't bother me, cos the words might be in the same style, but the delivery is very different. Whereas Jack goes for sarky as a put-down (and RDA does it well) Daniel tends to go for sarky as a bit of sparring. Jack delivers his lines so that there's no option for his target to give a witty reply or spirited comeback (hon. exception Harry Maybourne). Daniel delivers his like it's part of a conversation and even seems to relish it when his sarkiness is met with a good retort. I felt that to be the case with Weir in New Order and particularly in this ep with Vala.
                        Whoa, Madeleine, that's brilliant. That is exactly what it's like and it's what makes it different from Jack. Of course I've always felt Daniel was snarky, heck he was snarky in the film. I don't consider this something new in his personality BUT you are right when Daniel goes for those sorts of lines they are delivered in the sense of almost wanting a good retort in return, wanting to spar(which is why it must drive Jack nuts, he wants it to end, Daniel wants to run with it). It fits with Daniel's personality, he's wants to communicate and connect through language--even if it's connecting through sarcasm.

Comment

I loved it. It was silly and fun. Yes, the sexual innuendo was a bit over the top but it was still fun for me. I loved MS in this episode and I was in stitches more than once. I have to agree that the whole "You're a fruitcake" line was perhaps the best. I didn't see Daniel really being attracted to her. I saw her trying to use sex and Daniel going from being disgusted to mildly amused to bored. I nearly cried laughing during the scene when he thought that the Super Soldier was coming on to him. And the scene with Jack and Daniel in the beginning was perhaps the best Jack/Daniel interaction we've had all season, which could be considered sort of sad. The fight between Daniel and Vala was cheesy, but I think that was the intention. He was being all honorable and trying not to hit "a girl" and there she was whumping on him. My husband was holding his sides in pain from laughing so hard at the part where they were pulling each others hair. There could have been more of a back story where Vala was concerned and it was definately a filler type episode but I really enjoyed it.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by epiphany
                            Whoa, Madeleine, that's brilliant. That is exactly what it's like and it's what makes it different from Jack. Of course I've always felt Daniel was snarky, heck he was snarky in the film. I don't consider this something new in his personality BUT you are right when Daniel goes for those sorts of lines they are delivered in the sense of almost wanting a good retort in return, wanting to spar(which is why it must drive Jack nuts, he wants it to end, Daniel wants to run with it). It fits with Daniel's personality, he's wants to communicate and connect through language--even if it's connecting through sarcasm.
                            That makes a lot of sense Madeleine and epiphany. Good point!

I'd give you rep points for it, but GW had other plans. Something about spreading it around or something. Whateva!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                              So, overall, the ep was good? I'm glad. I haven't been too excited about this ep, but I am definitely looking forward to seeing it (not that that's anything new). If they can achieve two great eps in a row, I have more than enough faith in them to make the rest of the season just great.
                              Good? Depends on what one is expecting, I guess.

Those who loved the comedy of "The Other Guys" will like all the funny lines, though I think the writers were trying too hard and many jokes didn't work for me.

Those who are looking for a more serious SG arc episode will be rather disappointed. And the tease of going to Atlantis remains just that - a big fat unfulfilled tease.

My overall reaction is "OMG! What n00bs in space!"

I mean, how do you keep losing your starship - this time to just one person? How can you have a ring transport system that can be remotely activated by hostiles? And of course, on the salvage mission to the crippled ship with near-depleted life support, send the oldest slowest person with the poorest lung capacity.
                              To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

if the episode had been serious all the way through then i think it would have been a whole let better.

the comedy just lowered the overall quality of the episode. there were some good funny scenes like at the begining of the show, the "warrior" coming on to daniel, Reynold expression at having to give hammond mouth to mouth (that look was just priceless) and his reaction to him waking up. other than that the comedy just didn't fit. i thought the fight with Vala and Daniel could have been better if they hadn't been trying to make the scene funny. the humour just didn't fit into this episode

the ship was a let down. the episode showed that without shields, the prometheus can't withstand an attack from a few gliders without becoming badly damage.

on the positive side, it was good to see walter actually do something more just call out the chevrons status. yes we all like him for doing that but it was great so see him kick some ass

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X