Prometheus Unbound (812)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red_Rabbit
    Ok I loved this ep, and can't wait to see more hammond, hopefully, and CB in season 9.

The one thing a lot of people were asking is why the shields died so quickly on the Prometheus, I think this is because of all the damage it took while sitting on the ground.
    Yeah the hull damage must've damaged a battery which would've resulted in less backup power.

Comment

Okay, I'm back, having watched it a second time (and laughed almost as hard as I did first time around).

And got a couple of adjustments to make to my previous take.

First of all, the conversation between Daniel and Vala re. her being able to use Goa'ould technology because she had naquada in her blood from being a host had passed me by first time around and I only caught it this time. So it seems that the being a host part was true, at least. The rest is still up for debate I think.

Secondly...funnily enough, this time around I found Lyndsay Novak postively endearing. <g> And the hiccups thing was quite amusing rather than irksome. Go figure. I did like the way she suddenly yells out "Damn it to hell!" during the briefing and the way she lunges to beat Daniel to the elevator button. Both made me laugh. Also thought he was terribly sweet to her, in the elevator and later at the end when he notes she's lost her hiccups. <sigh> The boy is such a charmer.

So have to revise my opinion there - I chuckled this time around at the running joke of the hiccups - I think someone already mentioned when she says the bright side of them being dumped on the Alkesh is that her hiccups have stopped. I liked the fact that just after she says it she hiccups. LOL. And her stopping to hold her breath at Daniel's suggestion when the alarms go off and then her abrupt "Okay..." as she gives up when that doesn't work.

Actually, I'd like to see more of her. Especially since she's overcome that childhood stress thing and should be hiccup-free. TPTB, if you're listening? Transfer her to the SGC, quick.

Got Walter moving the glass. LOL! He is cute.

Oh yeah and did anyone else almost choke when Walter took on Hammond's usual role to wish the General, 'God speed'? <sob>

Albion
      Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

I actually really liked this episode. Wasn't looking forward to it really but it was hysterically funny

Loved how walter go to go

I think I'm the only person who finds the hiccuping lady hysterically funny!? I loved her!! LOL!! And I love how Walter gives her the glass!! Only he could make that funny!! *dies of laughter*

I loved when Daniel was tied in the chair and Vala (in the super soldier suit) was hitting on him, now THAT was funny

Then they took the jokes a tad far

But *shrugs*

Oh...one more thing....the whole "having a female writer on the staff" comment I keep reading...that's so utterly and completely sexist

Just cos someone's female doesn't make them a more competant writer

And I'd like to see everyone who bags writers writing Stargate! Unless you can personally do better you have no right to critise

But on a lighter note, looking forward to the rest of season 8 immensly now!!

Comment

It was a good episode. I enjoyed the humour

Particularly telling daniel he was attractive in a kull warriors voice (?)

and daniel saying his name was Hans Olo

Well done, good to see Prometheus, good to see hammond

I liked prometheus's weapons, they appeared ot be rapid fire energy weapons?

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Rabbit
            Ok I loved this ep, and can't wait to see more hammond, hopefully, and CB in season 9.

The one thing a lot of people were asking is why the shields died so quickly on the Prometheus, I think this is because of all the damage it took while sitting on the ground.
            I was thinking the samething, and that there were like 'a lot' of gliders attacking them, i saw at least 5-6, may not be 'a lot', but 5+ vs 1 is pretty scary.

As many have you said, i too have loved this episode, haha... My favorite part is a tie between the fight between Daniel and Vala and Vala ends up losing in the end (although imo, cheaply) and the part where a covered up Vala was telling a tied up Daniel that he was attractive.
            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I just loved this episode. It was one of the best in season 8 so far. Only Zero Hour can catch up with this one.

Thank you for doing something new again and bringing Claudia Black on the show. She and Michael really did a funny bit of acting in this episode. Looking forward to season 9 (because of Vala) at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel of Fire SG1

Oh...one more thing....the whole "having a female writer on the staff" comment I keep reading...that's so utterly and completely sexist

Just cos someone's female doesn't make them a more competant writer

And I'd like to see everyone who bags writers writing Stargate! Unless you can personally do better you have no right to critise

I'm guessing it isn't an issue of a female writing better, but a female having a better understanding of women.

And, I doubt every movie critic writes their own movies on the side, or every book reviewer has written a book. Gymantics and Figure Skating have commentators who criticize the moves of the athletes, and although the commentators are usually former athletes themselves, they can't do the current skills as well, and certainly not better than the ones competing, and they have a right to criticize, so I don't see why the writers of Stargate should be exempt.
                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Blend
                  I liked prometheus's weapons, they appeared ot be rapid fire energy weapons?
                  To me they looked just like regular Phalanx's or perhaps something bigger, but not energy weapons. "We're almost out of weapons" I find it hard to be out of ammo using energy weapons

Comment

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne
                    The fight between the two of them was ridiculous, partly because there's no way Vala should have been able to beat up Daniel, not after 8 years of training.
                    Surprisingly it's actually *harder* sometimes to fight someone who's smaller and weaker than you. If the person you're fighting is larger then you give it your all, but if they're someone you know you can and should beat you tend to hold back so as not to accidentally kill them; but it's hard to judge it right. I know judo is not the same as a real fight, but I often take a heck of a lot longer to beat a good but small fighter than one who's nearly my sixe because it can take a while to get the measure of them. Even though Daniel's practiced fighting for eight years it's not unlikely that most of his practice would be against largish men, and if he went for Vala full throttle he could have killed her. I thought he was holding her off till he could get a restraining hold on or zat her. I truly thought he was in control.

And when you have to give someone CPR, you don't wrinkle up your nose in disgust and hesitate. Both Reynolds and Hammond (AND Damien Kindler!) are far beyond the 'ooh, cooties, he's a boy I can't put my lips on his!' age!
                    Granted. If that was how the scene was intended then it sucks. But I saw it as him being terribly nervous. CPR is pretty important and the person doing it would have had someone else's life in their hands. I'd be well scared, and I'd look around to see if anyone else looked more capable and confident than me before actually doing it, so that's how I saw that chap behaving onscreen. (Although shouldn't there have been a medic onboard?)

Still, those are minor points for me. I loved the ep.

Madeleine

Comment

Great episode, more Vala please, she was hilarious.

Comment

Fantastic episode! This certainly ranks up there with Avatar as the two best episodes of the season. I had high hopes for this episode, and it certainly came through.

Alot more Hammond than I thought we would see, if they can continue to produce episodes like this I don't see why there shouldn't be several more seasons ahead of us!

Ace
                        "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

pleas,e one of you brits, spoil me...write a summary of the episode....a nice play by play, like you did with gemini
                          come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Originally posted by keppiezbt
                            pleas,e one of you brits, spoil me...write a summary of the episode....a nice play by play, like you did with gemini
                            Ms. Piggy will soon arrive with the useless opinions.

Comment

really funny episode, i enjoyed daniels reactions to her and i was pissing myself wen she was in the suit and chatting him up!
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                                Fantastic episode! This certainly ranks up there with Avatar as the two best episodes of the season.

Well, I hope my reaction is the same as yours, since I loved Avatar.
                                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Working...
                                X