• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prometheus Unbound (812)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON EIGHT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 812

After the Prometheus responds to a distress call from a Goa'uld ship, Daniel Jackson finds himself a captive when Earth's ship is stolen.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 10:17 PM.

A great episode, although Gemini is in my opinion one of season 8s top episodes, theis just tops Gemini, very funny. The very begging of the episode was similar to the first episode of Farscape i think, when Erin meets John.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

I liked the episode very funny, especially all the sexual innuendos etc.
      Hypnos enters the sleep of mortals and, at the bidding of the Olympians, gives them dreams of foolishness or inspiration, depending on the individual and their divine protectors or enemies.

Comment

The good:

1. General Hammond!! I really enjoyed his dialogue in this ep. Playing Jack at his own game.
        2. Daniel. Brilliant in this ep! Funny and well in character.
        3. Walter got to play the hero! Hoorah!

The bad:
        1. Unfunny comedy with Novak. Those hiccoughs smacked of a joke gone wrong...
        2. VALA. Crikey. s9
        Spoiler:
        this woman is supposed to sustain my interest for 5 eps in season 9?!
        I'm sorry, I found her vapid, sex-crazed and unengaging. Were all those sex/naked jokes really necessary? I'll admit to cracking up over the first one when Daniel thought she was a super soldier... but fcol! Did anyone else find themselves cringing when she tried to strangle Daniel with her THIGHS! NOT one of my favourite eps of this season, which is a crying shame. Daniel deserved better, his character felt wasted in this cardboard-flimsy, trying-too-hard-to-be-funny plot.
        Just MO, of course, feel free to challenge!

Comment

Oh, that was so much fun. I loved Hammond waltzing in, and taking the Prometheus, Daniel, Walter and Jack's chair!

Vala was fantsatic. I would like to see her more. She was so much fun! And I loved the way she treated Daniel...talking of which..Daniel was great in this too.

Walter was very cool, with teh shooting, and flying the Alkesh.

Yep, this was a really good one
          Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

it was priceless when daniel punched her in the face i did not expect that

Comment

Originally posted by Hypnos
              I liked the episode very funny, especially all the sexual innuendos etc.
              They were initially, but I found them a little overdone. And I can understand why Daniel would have removed her own clothes (concealed weapons, etc) but she seemed remarkably calm about an unknown alien male (from her perspective) having removed all her garments when unconscious. We know DJ is honourable, she didn't. And she finds it *funny*?

Don't think I would, in her position.
              (Get your minds out of the gutter )

Comment

Just like to say what a crap episode and waste of time. What was the point in this episode? Only good point was to see general hammond .

A couple of questions really. Why do the shields fail so quickly and weapons run out so fast? Before you say we dont have enough power for the asgaard upgraded shields why would they update them and not give us the necessary equiment to use them properly.

Comment

Some great comedy in this episode. The whole jack/daniel thing and then hammond coming in and stampimg his authority down was great.
                  daniel could have done with teal'c assistance, because he got his ass kicked!
                  prometheus rocks! so does walter! he owned that al'kesh!
                  a good episode, could have explained more about the race and the woman but i guess we will meet her again in season 9.

Comment

Excellent stuff. A lot better than what I was expecting, by far.

We got another look around and Alkesh which was nice, a depper look into the Prometheus, and some good on-screen time from Daniel.

The humour was good, perhaps a little too overdone? Maybe. But I like it, it worked well.

The super-soldier suit had me fooled at first when it was actually Vala in it, something I didn't expect at all. I thought it was just another soldier that had ringed aboard.

Go General Hammond. He was great in this ep, decent amount of him too. Especially when he went on a kind of mission himself aboard the scout ship to recover the cyrstals to power the Alkesh.

Good show.
                    __

__

Comment

I thought it was one of the best eps this season, im glad we've got to see a bit more of general hammondand SG-2. Some bits were a bit off yes but overall i enjoyed it, SGA was better though.
                      'Where did you get this'- Wraith Queen
                      'I don't remember'- Major Sheppard - Rising (part 2)

'I don’t know if you noticed or not, but I’m an extremely arrogant man who tends to think all of his plans will work.' - McKay - The Eye

Comment

I was in stitches through the middle segment of this one. A good ep all round, and the presence of Hammond and Walter and the excellence of Claudia Black meant I didn't miss Teal'c or Sam at all.

The Hiccupping Woman would probably have annoyed me to bits six years ago, but all during my first pregnancy I was that Hiccupping Woman and I felt her pain . Besides, she gave Walter an excuse to do that funny thing moving the glass. That's talent, that is, to move a glass humourously.

Daniel ducking behind a wall and hiding once again demonstrated that he's definitely one of those people for whom Discretion Is The Better Part Of Valour. (Hmm, Valour, there's a pun in there somewhere but it's too late in the evening for me to work out something good.)

Loved Daniel's line ("Oh crap") when he realised he was about to get zatted. Then came the Daniel Tied To A Chair bit, and the fun really started. I'd heard Vala described as a 'love interest' and was pretty apprehensive. Was v v glad to see that Love had nothing to do with it . Made it a bit different. LOL at his reaction to her first expression of attraction

It was intriguing to hear her talk about having been a host, but there wasn't nearly enough exploration of that for me. But s9 might take care of that. It was great fun seeing her wallop Daniel so enthusiastically, and him just holding her off until he could Zat her.

I thought MS and CB really had something sparky in this ep, I'm well chuffed that CB'll be back. Walter's "Godspeed" to Hammond was sweet. It's nice to see him get more of a part this season.

I'll have to watch it a couple more times to see how it holds up, but I'm pretty sure I found this funnier than any other Stargate ep yet.

Best line: "You're a fruitcake."

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W

Best line: "You're a fruitcake."
                          By far!

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
                            I'm sorry, I found her vapid, sex-crazed and unengaging. Were all those sex/naked jokes really necessary? I'll admit to cracking up over the first one when Daniel thought she was a super soldier... but fcol! Did anyone else find themselves cringing when she tried to strangle Daniel with her THIGHS! NOT one of my favourite eps of this season, which is a crying shame. Daniel deserved better, his character felt wasted in this cardboard-flimsy, trying-too-hard-to-be-funny plot.
                            Just MO, of course, feel free to challenge!

I'd quite agree. She did seem everything you said, vapid and more than anything really sex-crazed. I think this was a little too overdone too, I hope they don't bring it up again, it's not that it's bad, it's just a little overdone. Other than this, it was a fair episode, not the best though.
                            __

__

Comment

Brilliant episode. Usually I don't care much about Daniel centred episode so I had low expectations for this but it was brilliant. Loved the exchange between Jack and George at the start and Hammond want's his chair back! Great spark between MS and CB and hope to see more of her in Season 9. Walter piloting the Alkesh was funny and you could see the smile on his face. Season 8 is getting better and better.

Comment

Working...
                              X