This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Rewatch

hey there, in the end of august or early september i wanted to start to rewatch all ten seasons of sg1 and five seasons of atlantis again. but i wanted to ask u, how u manage it. you watch always two episodes per week?! or what?! i inteded to watch all first seven seasons of sg1 and with the eight seasons i wanted to start with atlantis (after new order). but im still unsure how many episodes per week i should watch.
    sigpic

It depends on your lifestyle really...

If your a uni student like me you can knock it off pretty easy.

Take my timetable for example, I only go to uni for one full day and two half days and work in the early hours of the morning. This leaves me with a lot of time to goof around with mates or relax and spend time in front of the idiot box.

Take today for instance, I have Tuesdays and Wednesdays completely free and seeing as most of my friends either work full time or have class on these days I don;t have much to do. I have watched about 10 eps of SGA Season 1 and have just popped Season 2 into the DVD player. Now this is a bit extreme because I couldn't be bothered going for a run/doing homework/anything remotely productive today, so it's not a typical day for me (I'm usually more of an SG1 man )

But you can always have an ep or two on in the background while you do homework or cook dinner or something like that.

So yeah, long story short, how much free time you have really dictates how much you watch...
    Meh.

Comment

I took 3 weeks hols from work and watched about 14 eps a day or something silly for my entire holidays. It was pretty much SG1 from 8am til 10ish....I would then have some insane dreams about me and Teal'c playing golf and well, a bunch of other weird stuff I have blocked from my fragile little mind.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
        It depends on your lifestyle really...

If your a uni student like me you can knock it off pretty easy.

Take my timetable for example, I only go to uni for one full day and two half days and work in the early hours of the morning. This leaves me with a lot of time to goof around with mates or relax and spend time in front of the idiot box.
        I wish my Uni life was that easy, I would love that much time off :-) however I do agree it depends on your lifesytle/free time In between collage and Uni I sat down and watched evert episode that was out in the space of a month or so, at the time if I remember correctly was SG-1 s1-8 and atlantis s1 so thats about 180 episodes 184??? which is about 6 episodes a day. So it can be done.

I wish I had that much free time now :-( i'm already preping for uni next year and it doesn't start for over a month

Comment

well, until early october i have all the time i want, but then i have to study archeology (Daniel inspired me^^). So i dont know how many time i will have left when i begin to study. will see. i wanted to watch all of them before universe starts, but im not able to manage that, so i guess ill take my time. How often did u guys rewatch stargate in a whole? this will be my second time although i always watch some one or two episodes a day i never watched it in her whole beauty again . The first time it took me like a year i guess cause i had to purchase all seasons and had to wait for season 10 of sg1, because i dont live in the usa. well we will see
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
            well, until early october i have all the time i want, but then i have to study archeology (Daniel inspired me^^). So i dont know how many time i will have left when i begin to study. will see. i wanted to watch all of them before universe starts, but im not able to manage that, so i guess ill take my time. How often did u guys rewatch stargate in a whole? this will be my second time although i always watch some one or two episodes a day i never watched it in her whole beauty again . The first time it took me like a year i guess cause i had to purchase all seasons and had to wait for season 10 of sg1, because i dont live in the usa. well we will see
            I watched seasons 2-10 of SG1 in about 2 weeks a few weeks ago when I was on holiday and had broken my hand and therefore restrained to the house because of no money, because of no work (because of the broken hand ).

I missed out on season 1 because my cousin had borrowed it.

btw, I only managed this because I don't really sleep much.
            Meh.

Comment

I wonder what the fastest you could watch them all, with 314 episodes???? at 45min each you are talking 14130 minutes or 235.5 hours or 9.81 days, so if anyone out there can go without sleep for ten days then that would be quite impressive...

Comment

when i watched it agian just alittle while ago i watched about a disk a night some times more. so it took me just over a month to do it

Comment

When I did it, I ignored all prior commitments and just watched stargate from wake to sleep every day till it was done.

Comment

If you watch 5 eps a week i.e Monday to Friday 2 a day
                    You can get though a season every 2 weeks (approx)

that five months to get SG-1 done
                    and 2 and a half months for Atlantis

You work it out from there.

Comment

Currently on a rewatch of my own, started watching when I got ill and rattled the first 3 seasons in a week, now try to watch 5-6 a week and have just started season 10 of SG-1 and season 3 of Atlantis.

Luckily Season 5 is released early August in the UK so should time it just about right.

Comment

I just watch what ever episode i feel like watching at a given time i won't do a whole rewatch because there episodes in there i either don't want to watch again or need more time to forget what happens in it.
                        sigpic
                        Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                        Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                          hey there, in the end of august or early september i wanted to start to rewatch all ten seasons of sg1 and five seasons of atlantis again. but i wanted to ask u, how u manage it. you watch always two episodes per week?! or what?! i inteded to watch all first seven seasons of sg1 and with the eight seasons i wanted to start with atlantis (after new order). but im still unsure how many episodes per week i should watch.
                          Its fairly easy.. as matter of fact the most difficult thing is switching dvds, i hate switching dvds.

I'm currently watching every episode of Star Trek The Next Generation(after seeing the new star trek movie I wanted more trek, but couldnt bare going to far back lol) and I'll knock off anywhere from 1 to 5 episodes a night, some times I'll do one a week.

For stargate its alot more difficult for me to rewatch the entire thing, because with Star Trek, I havent seen that since i was little and missed most episodes, with stargate everything is fresh in my mind and I seen EVERY EPISODE, so I automatically want to skip to the good stuff. If I see it on tv though i watch regardless lol, idk.

I just finished my SG1 collection, I now own seasons 1 through 10(as 9 and 10 at walmart are 20 bucks each now!!!!) I was considering rewatching it, but I think my season one discs are screwing up, cause my computers the only one that can play them.. so thats another 15 bucks ill have to spend
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Currently I'm rewatching Stargate SG1, but it is going in slow motion. Besides my work (8 hours a day) and watching of LOST (Season 3) there is not so much free time as I would like. It took me over a month to watch the first season, so I need 10 months. to finish it.
                            I'm a Dutchman, sorry for my english.

Comment

so i probably start on the 15th of August with my Stargate Sg1 rewatch. whose with me?! but with the movie.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X