Question on DVDs of "The Nox"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on DVDs of "The Nox"

Got an interesting problem. I started to watch my stargate SG-1 the other day I have the old (big) box sets and I was watching the nox episode and it seems for some strange reason Apophis's voice is gone its only his voice everything else is fine. why?

Maybe we were not supposed to hear it...like we're only supposed to see the speaking action and not hear it....like a distance shot
    WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN WW2!

Spoiler:
    Germany Chiefed Poland.
    England broke their NAP with Germany because Poland was their ally.
    England and its allies defend from German attacks, but suffer heavy losses as Germany has level 10 rams.
    France got Chiefed.
    Japan decided to scout America.
    America got pissed off, and sent a couple waves with 10k Imperians at them, with 1k catapults for sh!ts & giggles.
    America cut Japan to 90 pop.
    Germany sends a Chieftain Train at the USSR, gets loyalty down to 1.
    USSR builds up troops with their lvl 20 resources and lvl 20 barracks before the Chieftains can hit again. Walls go back up to level 20. German Chiefs were all destroyed.
    Germany just keeps sending troops although it's clear they cannot take USSR.
    Eventually troops run out since USSR can produce them faster.
    USSR, Britain and the USA simultaneously hit Germany with their own Chieftains, and Chiefs.
    Hitler deleted his account...
    USSR, change their name to Russia...

Comment

Originally posted by Klown View Post
      Got an interesting problem. I started to watch my stargate SG-1 the other day I have the old (big) box sets and I was watching the nox episode and it seems for some strange reason Apophis's voice is gone its only his voice everything else is fine. why?
      from stargate.wikia.com

Unfortunately production in "The Nox" was falling behind and the episode was aired prematurely due to lack of time. As a result Apophis's voice over is missing.

Comment

I had the EXACT same problem. The disc in my COMPLETE SET had no APOPHIS voice in the NOX too.

I went out, bought a single season 1 slim set & that disc was FINE. I swapped them out & returned the slim set as defective.

Comment

Its all of his voice through out the entire episode not just one shot which is why I figured it was very weird.

I get it if the aired version didn't have the voice over but why would a Box Set be shipped without it? Yes its fully legal version from Best Buy Thing is I don't think it was always like that, I'm sure I would of noticed it when I first watched it.

Comment

Sounds funny to be honest... I'm laughing just thinking about it.

Say something man!

Apophis: ....

Wow, some villain you are !

Comment

Actually, the voice is there. However, for some reason, it was mixed in such a way that when watched with mono sound it disappears. I'm guessing you're listening to it through your TV speakers? Try hooking up your DVD player to your stereo or something and see if you can hear him then.

And someone needs to change that statement in the wiki, because it's flat out wrong.
              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Elsewhere in the forums I'd asked a question about a pretty inexpensive boxed set of SG-1's first season.

The person answering told me that "The Nox" has some sort of audio problem that causes Apophis' voice to be unheard unless you have a 5.1 stereo setup, that ordinary two channel analog stereo leaves you unable to hear his voice.

Is this correct? ALL copies of the DVD that has "The Nox" on it have this audio flaw? All regions? (I'm in the States.)

I find it hard to believe MGM never fixed this and made good on copies that had this defect. They made good on the mess with "Threads". They never fixed "The Nox"?!?!?!

Comment

My copy has that problem. Well it's a ripped copy, I do own the DVD set, but I've never watched them so I couldn't say for sure.

I noticed this when rewatching the first season and thought it was so strange.

Comment

If this is true, someone should really complain to MGM. The disc is incompatable with ordinary DVD setups. I'm surprised nobody's done anything about it before this. I mean, like I mentioned, look what happened with "Threads". They sure reacted to that situation.

I've got a good mind to buy the set just so I can complain and get them to fix this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
                      Actually, the voice is there. However, for some reason, it was mixed in such a way that when watched with mono sound it disappears. I'm guessing you're listening to it through your TV speakers? Try hooking up your DVD player to your stereo or something and see if you can hear him then.

And someone needs to change that statement in the wiki, because it's flat out wrong.
                      It's because that particular wiki (not the Solutions one) flat out make stuff up. It's an awful resource.

Comment

Originally posted by Niddle View Post
                        The person answering told me that "The Nox" has some sort of audio problem that causes Apophis' voice to be unheard unless you have a 5.1 stereo setup, that ordinary two channel analog stereo leaves you unable to hear his voice.

Is this correct?
                        Not quite. The disc is 2.0 stereo, not 5.1 so listening to it in stereo should do the trick but MAKE SURE it is actually stereo, not mono (it may be downmixed to mono if you're listening to it through TV speakers - even if the TV has stereo sound). Stereo sound = Apophis voice, mono sound = no Apophis voice.

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        It's because that particular wiki (not the Solutions one) flat out make stuff up. It's an awful resource.
                        Bah... I hate when morons spread misinformation.
                        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Same problem, and it is now 2019. Prblem never resolved. I have the complete series, band new bought from Amazon.com. And no Apophis voice.

Comment

I don't remember this being a problem on my dvd, and it was the big box set. I will have to rewatch to see.

Comment

Working...
                            X