The Siege, Part 2 (120)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrackedButter
    He is simply a military man with a plan and doesn't have time for niceities with people he doesn't know and haven't earn't his respect of them. This all changes later when he comes on board and understands the people he is dealing with.
    My sentiments exactly.
    To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

I just realized something. The military team didn't send a MALP through before coming, isn't that kind of risky for an uber-important mission. They had no idea what was on the other side, or even if they would make it through to the other side. The Wraith could have already been in Atlantis for all they know. I noticed that we haven't seen a MALP in Atlantis since Rising but surely they could have taken the time to bring one over from the SG-1 set for this one occasion.
      My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

I noticed no MALP. Would of made sense and what it would look like on the other side. But with so much to do in this episode, some things had to go in order to get the new characters settled and the plot setup.

What I thought was weird was the scene where Everett was going to get wraithed. It was bad timing and a bad cut. The angle of the gun firing was weird as well. At least he fired though. Seen to many shows where a trained officer hesitates, making it unrealistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
          Better late than never right? Have fun!

Can I just say how much I HATE Col. Everett? Smarmy SOB. And what an idiot to try to cut Wier out of the loop. I mean surely he would take into consideration that the people who have been serving on Atlantis would feel loyalty to her and that it might make the transition to his command smoother if he kept her around? I hope he's not the new commander for season 2. Ick.
          I didn't actually like him either at first. Thought his acting was terrible. But as the episode went along I started to actually except him a little. I don't however think that he will be the new leader. Weir has to much pull with everyone. And it looks like a majority of the little extra team that was sent from Earth was taken by the Wraith.

Everett was trying to hard to be a likeable character and by all means can go and be killed by the Wraith.
          Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Amazing episode. loved it. Love the rail guns, weoooooo earth!

On the note of Col. Everett, at first i didnt like him.. But as the episode progressed his character grew on me. He developed a respect for the other characters, which in turn made me like him. I hope he's not dead.

Loved seeing earth pour through the gate with all the troops and weapons
            GO US!

the battle scenes were extremly amazing, seeing the wraith darts, the rail gun fire, the machine gun fire, some drones, etc.. it was great to see earth stand on our own 2 feet in an actual battle rather than 1 team miraculously saving the day (Which is great, but its refreshing to have this)

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
              Question about the new-found zpm and the Daedalus -- somehow I feel like sending just the zpm through the gate would have been better, rather than having to wait 4 days for the battle cruiser -- what do others think?
              That wasn't possible.
              The ZPM was being used to dial the wormhole to Pegasus, meaning they can't take it through with them.
              Hence after wormhole shuts down the ZPM will be left at SGC and that's why it's more useful to send it on Daedalus, becuase otherwise it sits back there on Earth doing nothing much helpful to Atlantis.
              Last edited by Purpleyin; 06 February 2005, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                Ya know, now that you remind me... I thought it was sheer brilliance having people get sucked up by the wraith darts, since that's EXACTLY what they're supposed to do. But it only seemed to be that one turret. It would have been nice (if catastrophic) to see LOTS of people get disappeared. It'd be exactly what I'd expect of the wraith. You don't want the enemy shooting at you? Make them go away.
                That's what I was thinking too.
                I was like, hey aren't they outside and aren't those darts getting closer...?
                It made sense that they got beamed up and I was surprised no one thought of that possibility.

I also thought Weir and Everett being out on the balcony was the dumbest thing ever in that case, only reinforced by the scene where something eplodes just above where they are.

Comment

i absolutely loved this episode!
                  by far my favorite of season1 ..beautiful firework, cinematics , emotions and drama..and the cliffhanger omg..how am i going to survive some 6 months till the new episodes?!
                  i noticed they sent no malp too but i guess their arrival wouldn't be as dramatic if they sent a malp first

Comment

The ZPM was being used
                    Of course, I completely forgot about that! *smacks head* Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

The first thing I noticed was Everetts voice. What a bad ADR job! It seemed so fake and computer edited (like Ashlee Simpson). It didnt sound right at all. At least after awhile it got normal, still annoyed me though. They shouldve fixed it. I couldnt stand Everett at all at the beginning. What an asshat. I hope they kill him off.

The episode just seemed different overall. I dunno, it felt different. I heard the SG1 writers did this ep? And the ending! What a cliffhanger! I cant wait until season 2!

I didnt like the zooming either. It was cool and all but it just seems stupid. A waste of time when you oculdve shown other things. The CGI was great on this ep though. Wow!

Good ep overall though. Atlantis rocks!
                      "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

They probably should have brought more Marines through the gate with them...but I guess the Milky Way Galaxy might still need them. Bringing the Daedulus and all the crew on that plus the Marines is a big expense to Earth as it is I suppose.

Everett doesn't sound anything like I thought he would. Looks like he was doomed to die.

I dunno, I liked everything, but the cliffhanger ending.

I was disappointed that Shep and Weir didn't share a make out kiss before he went up in the jumper.

Comment

I think this is the most sadic TO BE CONTINUED in the history of Stargate....it is like everybody has a particular type of Death specially prepared for them....Sheppard dies by nuke....Weir and Rodney die by self destruct....Ford, Teyla, Everett die by Wraith...bombs, lasers, explosions, life sucking aliens....it is like a greek tragedy....

Comment

But what really makes the Episode a tragedy is the TO BE CONTINUED part.... ....can't wait for the conclusion....

Comment

Ugly Pig semi-proudly presents (and by the way, this was all written four days ago):

PIGGY'S USELESS OPINION
                              of 'The Siege Part II'

And with that, the season is over. And, it ends on a frickin' evil cliffhanger!! It's not fair, I tells ya! Here I've been on the edge of my seat throughout the whole episode and in the end, I get no relief whatsoever and have to wait until, what, July? To see the conclusion? That's half a year from now! Will we even still be alive by then? Who knows?

Ahem... As I was saying, this episode had me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end, literally. And besides the sheer excitement of it, there was a lot to like - the action, the amazing visual effects (loved those "camera-flies-through-the-city" transitions!), the fact that reinforcements from Earth arrived! And the new commander - colonel Everett, was it? - while may already doomed, was kinda likeable. Even though he did seem to have some prejudices towards Sheppard. And came across as a bit of a jerk upon his arrival.

But boy, did this episode leave a lot of Unanswered questions!
                              - The most obvious question is; can the Wraith ships be defeated and Atlantis saved?
                              - Whatever happened to Ford and his gang? And whatever happened to the colonel? And Teyla? Will they be allright?
                              - Did everyone forget about Bates? How is he doing?

Random observations!
                              - Earth has a ZPM (which, if I heard correctly, is now headed towards Atlantis). Since I have yet to see the final four episodes of this season of SG-1, I'm assuming it was found in one of them.
                              - Earth has a new Prometheus type ship called the Deadalus (also currently headed towards Atlantis). I assume we'll see it next season.
                              - Next frickin' season!!!

All in all... Not a whole lot of answers in this season ender, and a new bunch of questions to be answered. It felt incomplete. Oh well. At least it rocked while being incomplete. Is it July yet? Sigh...
                              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Seven
                                I was disappointed that Shep and Weir didn't share a make out kiss before he went up in the jumper.
                                *Gulp* No thank you...

*Heaves a sigh of relief* I'm thankful for small merices...

sigpic
                                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                                X