No announcement yet.

The Siege, Part 2 (120)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wondered the same thing, Feli. The inoculation thing was introduced in Hide & Seek. Beckett had been working on it back in Antarctica, but wasn't allowed to conduct human trials. Rodney was his guinea pig. There was a comment about it only working on 40-something percent of people who got the injection.

Apparently inoculation study continued in Antarctica. As it was explained to me by someone here, what probaby happened is that Col. Jackhole's team was comprised only of those who were successfully inoculated.

Comment

Ah, okay. Thanks, Shadow.

Comment

I was kinda expecting the Daedalus throughout the episode, kinda disappointed that it didn't show up.

But I loved the Seige bit, with the darkening of the city and the shooting of the flares. With all the firefight it kinda looked like the Battle of Britain.

Can't wait to see how the Atlantis team get out of this sticky situation.

You should have heard my reaction when my brother and father watched this episode. First yelling at the cliff-hanger and then lots of cursing when they found out they had to wait a while for Season Two.

Comment

The Seige part I & II were pretty good episodes. Why did we have to see the Genii again? IMHO they've already beaten that dead horse, and it's just the 1st season. I'll admit at the beginning of the season I was really starting to hate Atlantis, now it's starting to grow on me. One thing that really bugs me in SGA is the fact that all the military men besides Sheppard are always portrayed so one-dimensionally. As someone who's actually served in the armed forces, I would never want someone like Sheppard on my team. Following orders is very important in the field, even if you don't agree with your CO. Teyla always seems so flat to me, I wouldn't miss her at all if she met her demise. Poor Ford!! Loved the interaction between Mckay and Zelenka, and that whole stimulant scene. Favorite line: Carson: "Okay, Snippy! I'll get you another stimulator." Overall a very good way to end the season!
          "And what would humans be without love?"
          "RARE," said Death.
          --Discworld

[Oglethorpe has built a copy of the stargate]
          Emory: Isn't that the Starga--
          Oglethorpe: No! It's the Fargate! It is not some other kind of gate from a movie or TV show that I've ever seen! Notice that it has a wheelchair and a pink mohawk? We're not getting sued!
          Emory: But--
          Oglethorpe: No, it's a Fargate! From the makers of Thindependence Day!
          --Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Comment

Bates isn't one-dimensional, actually I quite like him. He has his own set of rights and wrongs. I thought he was justified in his concerns about Teyla going to the new Alpha site, Sheppard should have listened to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Vega
              The Seige part I & II were pretty good episodes. Why did we have to see the Genii again? IMHO they've already beaten that dead horse, and it's just the 1st season.
              Have they now? In what way... I don't feel like we've seen the end of Genii annoyance yet... besides it's not like we saw Kolya again... it was a different Genii

Originally posted by Vega
              I'll admit at the beginning of the season I was really starting to hate Atlantis, now it's starting to grow on me. One thing that really bugs me in SGA is the fact that all the military men besides Sheppard are always portrayed so one-dimensionally. As someone who's actually served in the armed forces, I would never want someone like Sheppard on my team. Following orders is very important in the field, even if you don't agree with your CO.
              But doesn't that make Sheppard less one-dimensional...?? If he said, "Yes, m'am, no, ma'am all the time", wouldn't that make him more one-dimensional. So he's not the perfect soldier... The fact that he is flawed and obviously has issues makes him a lot more interesting in my book. It creates conflict... increases drama... not ideal in real life perhaps... but makes for exciting television...
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Have they now? In what way... I don't feel like we've seen the end of Genii annoyance yet... besides it's not like we saw Kolya again... it was a different Genii

I simply don't see the Genii as formidable enemies. Why would they be so against the Atlantis team, especially if they have the same enemy as powerful as the wraith? Even the System Lords were willing to go against Anubis! It just isn't a very good way of running defense.

But doesn't that make Sheppard less one-dimensional...?? If he said, "Yes, m'am, no, ma'am all the time", wouldn't that make him more one-dimensional. So he's not the perfect soldier... The fact that he is flawed and obviously has issues makes him a lot more interesting in my book. It creates conflict... increases drama... not ideal in real life perhaps... but makes for exciting television...

I like Sheppard as a character. All the characters are flawed, that's what makes them interesting, and he doesn't have to be perfect to be a good soldier, I just wouldn't want him in real life is all. But you're right, he is good for the series
                "And what would humans be without love?"
                "RARE," said Death.
                --Discworld

[Oglethorpe has built a copy of the stargate]
                Emory: Isn't that the Starga--
                Oglethorpe: No! It's the Fargate! It is not some other kind of gate from a movie or TV show that I've ever seen! Notice that it has a wheelchair and a pink mohawk? We're not getting sued!
                Emory: But--
                Oglethorpe: No, it's a Fargate! From the makers of Thindependence Day!
                --Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Comment

Flak guns arn't that big, if they can fit a rail gun through they could fit a flak gun. Hell, they could bring a few phalanx ciws through, would have been much better than some crappy 50 cal, plus they are automatic, which suprised me about the railguns, you need some dude on them to fire? Rail guns are cool though. They should have brought some nuke SAM's as well. I am very suprised that after hearing atlantis is about to get smashed by 3 hive ships, that they only sent 6 nukes? I would want as many nukes as i could get my hands on.

Asteroid attack doesnt make sense, why not just send some darts or scout darts on remote control, taking asteroids would cost time and resources,and why wernt the nuke mines able to be remotly detonated, instead of just some crap "proximity" thing that could be set off by anything.

This was a good season ender, yet after the lack of a cliffhanger in moebius p2, this cliffhanger (which will be part 3) suprised me a little. All together it was okay, but not brilliant.

The Eye and The Storm were a better 2 parter, and The Eye was the best ep of the season. How long till the next ep is shown?

And whats with the small reply count? Has this not been shown in the US?
                  Last edited by macktheknife; 02 March 2005, 05:29 PM.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife
                    And whats with the small reply count? Has this not been shown in the US?
                    The US is only up to "Letters From Pegasus" - which is on tomorrow night. We haven't caught up to the rest of the world yet.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

sucks to be you then. australia hasnt even started.

Comment

Do you think the Dr Kusinagi Beckett mentioned is the Japanese scientist in "Letters From Pegasus"?

Comment

I would have thought that, considering that i think she is the only Japanese person i have seen so far, and is named quite a few times, i would think it is her. Why put in some nameless random instead, who just happens to be japanese and a scientist? I dont think it would make sense for it to be someone else.

Comment

Is it July yet!
                            Is it July yet!
                            Is it July yet!
                            Is it July yet!
                            Is it July yet!

Did Everett bring coffee with him? McKay wants to know!

It’s too bad for McKay and Zelenka that they are the only people who do everything, but GOOD FOR US, lets see more of Zelenka.
                            Life Too Short to drink bad coffee!

Any man smart enough to understand women is also smart enough to keep quiet about it

Comment

I don't know if I can hold out until it airs in the US.

Comment

I wrote a simple review of this episode for some reason (I honestly have no idea), so let me know bad you people think it is.
                                Attached Files
                                This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X