No announcement yet.

The Siege, Part 2 (120)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhh, I was thinking that Beckett hadn't perfected the gene thing until AFTER he got to Atlantis, but I suppose there'd be a team on Earth doing the same thing. I guess it's an explanation, anyway.

Comment

I figured once they heard about Beckett's experimentation (from the data that was sent earlier) they started innoculating. Or perhaps they had been working on the technology all along...

Comment

i just managed to see the episode and i just want to say, AWESOME!!

a couple points:

the battle scene during the first wave of attacks was amazing! i think that it was the single most impressive sequence in the history of both shows, it was more impressive than a lot of feature length movies!

the rail guns! how cool were they? they were awesome!

Colonel Everett. is it me or was their something not right about the way he came in and took over? it makes sense for oniell to have sent him and for him to assume command, but it seems to me that oniell would have sent some kind of explanation along with the orders or atleast some kind of video message, as well as having everetts orders include keeping weir in the loop. oniell is to smart and experienced to have everetts orders have been to completely relieve weir like that, i think everett may have decided to interpret his orders different than oniell intended, although he did get better towards the end.

over all this was a fantastic episode! i cant wait for the next season, i think that the battle sequences were some of the greatest scenes in stargate history, if not the best.

Comment

Loved it, great CGI and the wraith in the city.
          Everett hated him at first but sort of grew on me as he wormed to wier, he also tries to shiled her as the dart decends on them which i thourght was pretty cool.
          also i like the fact major sheppard tells everett the ancients never lost a battle but they new they were out numbered so being smarter than the average bears they chose to regroup be fore being trapped in the city. so what im trying to say is im glad they never got there asses whooped like many people thourght they did.

Comment

Hey just watched the seige Pt II a second time and a couple of thoughts came to mind. For starters why didn't they bring some flak guns with them, the only thing I could see that they brought were the rail guns, other then that all they brought was a couple of 50. cal for anti-aircraft fire.

I don't see why they didn't bring a couple of flak guns. I think flak would have been way more effective against the wraith darts.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian_Guy
              I don't see why they didn't bring a couple of flak guns. I think flak would have been way more effective against the wraith darts.
              Flak guns would be way too difficult to get through the gate, especially when they have the rail guns which are much more effective.
              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

there where 5 PJs in atlantis when they got thereright? because in the jumper bay (in seige 2)there where 5 jumpers but in brotherhood one was blown up so there should have been 4-right?
                MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
                I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Originally posted by corey2002
                  there where 5 PJs in atlantis when they got thereright? because in the jumper bay (in seige 2)there where 5 jumpers but in brotherhood one was blown up so there should have been 4-right?
                  We know that there were at least six, but possibly more when they first arrived.

Comment

Here is a picture of the Daedalus if anyone is interested...SPOILER, such as it is.

http://img101.exs.cx/img101/483/daedalus2zr.jpg

Comment

What i don't get, is why the have to get crappy nukes from the genaii. If earth has a ZPM why don't they have earth send atlantis a couple of ICBM's.
                      When it rains...the dwarf is the last to know

Comment

Because they dont have the ZPM now, they had it a few minits while they powerd up the gate, and then probably took it right away to power up the daedalus to send it to atlantis. And also, Atlantis has no way of contacting earth in the first place to ask them to send anything.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Originally posted by Goa'uld Jedi
                          What i don't get, is why the have to get crappy nukes from the genaii. If earth has a ZPM why don't they have earth send atlantis a couple of ICBM's.
                          they did! they sent 6 mark VI naquada unhanced warheads, everet just didnt keep any in reserve so they all got taken out at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                            We know that there were at least six, but possibly more when they first arrived.
                            when did we learn that?
                            MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
                            I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Originally posted by corey2002
                              when did we learn that?
                              the first shot of the jumper bay showed 4 straight ahead and the nose of one off to the left and since there were two in each row, one on top of another there are probabky two to the left meaning six. also for as big as atlantis is, 6 jumpers doesnt seem like very many, there are probably more elsewhere in the city

Comment

I usually don't post questions in ep threads before I've read the entire thread but having just fought my way through all of Moebius...

Is that thing with inoculating people with the Ancient gene new? Because if not I'd really like to know why they didn't do that for the entire Atlantis crew.
                                It's possible Everret explained it, I had major difficulties understanding the character. And boy, what an obnoxious guy! There was absolutely no reason for him to be so antagonistic - and then turn into Mr. Nice and Sweet all of a sudden. What brought that turnaround about?

I was rather confused by the fight scenes, couldn't really distinguish in all the fireworks what was happening.

All in all a mediocre ending to an otherwise pretty fab season.

Comment

Working...
                                X