Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Siege, Part 2 (120)

Did anyone notice shappered telling Col Eveett that the Ancients fought the wraith for almost 100 years before they got defeated and left Pegasus galaxy it clears few arguments about wraith appearing out of no where and defeating the ancients.

Can't wait till next season.... need Atlantis NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

"The Siege" was an amazing episode!!!!!

Hell, this season has been getting better and better every minute it's been on the air!

In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

IMO the second half of the season was a lot better then first half, it had nice flow from one episode to the next, good character development, interesting plot twists and some revealing back story.

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! A CLIFFHANGER!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Those evil writers! I thought they hated cliffhangers and that's why they haven't done one since Exodus!

Still, the episode was utterly fantastic. 10/10, no question.

Everett did annoy the hell out of me at the begining. His voice was so horrible, but it cleared up by the end of the episode. I won't go on, but I can't really find fault with this episode beyond Everett at the begining. So, again, 10/10.

Siege 2 and Reckoning 2 in the same week. We're lucky fans we are. Pity we have to wait 6 months now...

BYE
    "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Second Lieutenant Buzz Lightyear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBlu
    Those evil writers! I thought they hated cliffhangers and that's why they haven't done one since Exodus!
    They didn't do a cliffhanger at the end of season 5 because the series was switching networks from Showtime to Sci Fi.

I presume they did only smallish cliffhangers for seasons 6 and 7 (the fates of Daniel and Jack, respectively) because they weren't entirely sure if they would be doing another year of the series or moving on to feature films.

Atlantis, of course, was guaranteed a second season right from the get go with the great ratings it achieved so the writers planned the story arcs accordingly.
    To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Second Lieutenant

i was really amazed at how good the cgi was for the battle scenes....wow

Excellent finale. I was very annoyed with the writers for making us wait for months!!!

Quote Originally Posted by keppiezbt
    i was really amazed at how good the cgi was for the battle scenes....wow
    Today’s technology it can do anything you want.

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Wass
    Today’s technology it can do anything you want.
    anything i want? hmmm can it make me an all wise and knowing ancient? b/c thats what i want....

Here's one thing that bugged me. It got glossed over and ignored in the show, but Everett was very flippant and matter-of-fact about he and his men getting the gene therapy thing. But Beckett has said that it only works in about 49% of the people injected. Now... 49% is a pretty good number, but it seems a little convenient that all the guys- especially Everett himself- manage to do it successfully. It's too casual. Too much of an aside. Too easy...

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    Here's one thing that bugged me. It got glossed over and ignored in the show, but Everett was very flippant and matter-of-fact about he and his men getting the gene therapy thing. But Beckett has said that it only works in about 49% of the people injected. Now... 49% is a pretty good number, but it seems a little convenient that all the guys- especially Everett himself- manage to do it successfully. It's too casual. Too much of an aside. Too easy...
    I believe it was 43%.

Quote Originally Posted by aAnubiSs
    I believe it was 43%.
    Well, then, makes my point even MORE clear.

You don't find .43*.43*.43*.43*.43 likely? Where did you go to school?

Shadow, I interpreted that to mean that ONLY men who succeeded in getting the gene were sent to Atlantis. Maybe that's one reason Everett himself was sent (what a shame the gene therapy worked :-p).

I think that's it...

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Ahhh, I was thinking that Beckett hadn't perfected the gene thing until AFTER he got to Atlantis, but I suppose there'd be a team on Earth doing the same thing. I guess it's an explanation, anyway.

I figured once they heard about Beckett's experimentation (from the data that was sent earlier) they started innoculating. Or perhaps they had been working on the technology all along...

Re: The Siege, Part 2 (120)

i just managed to see the episode and i just want to say, AWESOME!!

a couple points:

the battle scene during the first wave of attacks was amazing! i think that it was the single most impressive sequence in the history of both shows, it was more impressive than a lot of feature length movies!

the rail guns! how cool were they? they were awesome!

Colonel Everett. is it me or was their something not right about the way he came in and took over? it makes sense for oniell to have sent him and for him to assume command, but it seems to me that oniell would have sent some kind of explanation along with the orders or atleast some kind of video message, as well as having everetts orders include keeping weir in the loop. oniell is to smart and experienced to have everetts orders have been to completely relieve weir like that, i think everett may have decided to interpret his orders different than oniell intended, although he did get better towards the end.

over all this was a fantastic episode! i cant wait for the next season, i think that the battle sequences were some of the greatest scenes in stargate history, if not the best.

Earth Symbol Re: The Siege, Part 2 (120)

Loved it, great CGI and the wraith in the city.
    Everett hated him at first but sort of grew on me as he wormed to wier, he also tries to shiled her as the dart decends on them which i thourght was pretty cool.
    also i like the fact major sheppard tells everett the ancients never lost a battle but they new they were out numbered so being smarter than the average bears they chose to regroup be fore being trapped in the city. so what im trying to say is im glad they never got there asses whooped like many people thourght they did.

Probie

Hey just watched the seige Pt II a second time and a couple of thoughts came to mind. For starters why didn't they bring some flak guns with them, the only thing I could see that they brought were the rail guns, other then that all they brought was a couple of 50. cal for anti-aircraft fire.

I don't see why they didn't bring a couple of flak guns. I think flak would have been way more effective against the wraith darts.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast