Cold Lazarus (106)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rune
    You said it. I can't watch this one without dissolving into tears the moment 'Charlie' touches Jack.

I don't go as far as that, but the episode definitely hits a soft spot.

Comment

i liked this episode because i learnt a bit about jack's past as i hadn't yet watched stargate the movie until after this episode.

Comment

Lot's of the stuff shown in this mission was never shown before. (Even in the movie)
        sigpic

Comment

I thought this was kinda sad. I liked the idea of looking at what happened to Jack in his life prior to SG1 but it still was sad coz he had to face it all again and so did Sara. This was predominately a Jack O'Niell ep which doesn't appeal to me as much as team eps do. Still...I did like it.
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I realy didn't like this episode haha.
            Last edited by captain jake; 03 June 2006, 07:33 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

It was nice to have Jack's backstory filled in, even if it was sad. But the crystalline alien bit was nonsense.
              sigpic
              "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Yes it was quite strange I agree.
                sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode. I enjoyed finding more about Jack and his ex-wife and seeing how he began to heal. Imitation Charlie showed him that his son was always with him.

And Jack had such chemistry with Sarah! I wouldn't have minded TPTB getting him back together like Dean Devlin and Ronald Emmerich intended.

And after reading the novel - written by DD and RE - and watchign the film it helped fill in the gaps and explore Jack's character.
                  The man who opened the way.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

A mystery ... a secret ... a threshold ... to the future. Stargte the movie

The perfect SG-1 team: Colonel Jack, Daniel, Major Ferretti and Jonas

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                    Lot's of the stuff shown in this mission was never shown before. (Even in the movie)
                    A lot of things are/were shown that were never shown before or since (even in the film) in SG-1 all Seasons. The character of Carter is a prime example.

Ship is another.

The Tok'ra suddenly appearing another. The existence of the Goa'uld actually (Ra wasn't a Goa'uld in the film or novel!)

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

Comment

His voice would prove other wise.

And I don't even see what that has to do with my post. For I was refering to charlie.
                      sigpic

Comment

Charlie? He was never mentioned before? In the film Jack mentioned losing his son, not by name though ...

Sorry for the misunderstanding...

The man who led the way.

Comment

as people have said this episode was all about jacks past it was a bit boring but i still watched it

Comment

this is one of the episodes that reminds me why season one is my fave season this episode is so crazy and its a year one episode other shows would do something like this in a later season but stargate does these kind of episodes right off the bat

Comment

I love sg-1 and almost every episiode but this one i can't stand, no particular reason i just hate it.

Comment

That is so odd to me. I absolutely love "Cold Lazarus". In fact, it is my fifth favourite episode. It's so touching. I can't help crying every time I see the scene where the crystal alien takes the form of Charlie, even though that's happy, as well, because Jack has closure. I also think the music in this episode is amazing. It's possibly my second favourite (after the music from "The Torment of Tantalus")

Comment

Working...
                                X