No announcement yet.

Cold Lazarus (106)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched this episode, and although I enjoyed it so much remained unresolved that it bugged me.

1. Jack steps through the Stargate to take his 'son' back to an alien planet. And then the episode ends abruptly. We don't see how hard must it have been for a father to dump the image of his child on an alien world and then abandon him or watch him die again? I felt cheated out of what could have been a powerful scene.

2. O'Neill just leaves his wife in the hospital without any explanation as to why there are two versions of himself running around or why her dead son appears to be alive. Just saying 'It's not Charlie' isn't enough in my mind. Is she supposed to just think 'Oh well then'. The episode should have ended with O'Neill explaining what had happened, and that he was sorry for having ignored her etc...

3. The crystal on the base was asking for help, and then it was ignored for the rest of the episode. Did they shove it in a cupboard or something?

4. Why were the crystal creatures gathered near the gate and executed? I take it the Goa'uld were responsible, but why did they fear the crystals?

Comment

Originally posted by NK1969 View Post
      I LOVE this episode and frankly don't understand why the first season gets such a bad rap.
      Very nice post, NK1969! I agree. I'm currently in the midst of my first ever re-watch (so I hadn't seen these episodes in years) and I had forgotten how enjoyable these early episodes were.

Comment

Originally posted by Frozen Serpent View Post
        Just watched this episode, and although I enjoyed it so much remained unresolved that it bugged me.

1. Jack steps through the Stargate to take his 'son' back to an alien planet. And then the episode ends abruptly. We don't see how hard must it have been for a father to dump the image of his child on an alien world and then abandon him or watch him die again? I felt cheated out of what could have been a powerful scene.

2. O'Neill just leaves his wife in the hospital without any explanation as to why there are two versions of himself running around or why her dead son appears to be alive. Just saying 'It's not Charlie' isn't enough in my mind. Is she supposed to just think 'Oh well then'. The episode should have ended with O'Neill explaining what had happened, and that he was sorry for having ignored her etc...

3. The crystal on the base was asking for help, and then it was ignored for the rest of the episode. Did they shove it in a cupboard or something?

4. Why were the crystal creatures gathered near the gate and executed? I take it the Goa'uld were responsible, but why did they fear the crystals?

the crystals attacted the goa'uld and one died i remember them telling u that and because of it the goa'uld attacked them with there staffs
        sigpic

Comment

Yes, but it was also stated that the crystals were put there by someone else in the first place (as a kind of execution site / grave). If the Jaffa were shocked whenever they touched the crystals, how were they transported there?

Comment

i don't know but i think it became a execution site after the jaffa destroyed them. altho if they were movied i don't know how they were movied altho they could have been movied after. because maybe after the crystals are destroyed they lose power and at that time can be moved
            sigpic

Comment

Pic has got me snarled into her re-watch. I'm not ambitious enough to post on every episode, but I just watched this one and had to remark how lovely it is to see a planet that doesn't have a forest.

Sam's comment about the locker room & sand getting into everything cracked me up!

sig made by Pic

Comment

This has gotta be one of my least favorite episodes =\ Although I liked how they finally shedded some light on the whole Jacks son shot himself situation.

Comment

I just recently watched this episode again for the first time in years. I think it holds up pretty well! A lot of nice moments between the fake Jack and Sarah. It's definitely stuff you would never see a lot of in the later seasons.

7/10!
                  sigpic
                  "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                  DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                    I just recently watched this episode again for the first time in years. I think it holds up pretty well! A lot of nice moments between the fake Jack and Sarah. It's definitely stuff you would never see a lot of in the later seasons.

7/10!
                    agreed!

Comment

Stargate SG-1 - HULU: Stargate SG1 Season 1 Now On HULU:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....65&postcount=1

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I'm going to give this episode *** out of ****. It has a pretty good emotional impact.

Comment

Finally, sometime last week, some website put together a list of their favorite episode titles. Alas, Stargate failed to make the list. To rectify that oversight, I’ve decided to put together a list of My Top 10 Favorite Stargate Titles:

**snip**

7) Cold Lazarus: Well, it sounds cool - despite the fact that there is no discernible connection between this cryptic title and the actual events in the episode. Apparently, upon reading the script, someone at the studio called the production offices demanding to know: “Who the hell is Lazarus and why is he cold?!”
                          http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...pisode-titles/
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I understand the Lazarus part... not so much what cold has to do with it, unless it's just being used as a synonym for dead.

Comment

This was a very odd episode indeed. not one of my favourites and one i certaintly don't watch over and over. However seeing Jack with charlie is a nice touch even if it isn't really him.
                              Some say that he has only one ear.
                              And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                              All we know is he's called
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starbreaker View Post
                                I understand the Lazarus part... not so much what cold has to do with it, unless it's just being used as a synonym for dead.
                                Definitely referencing the story of Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead after he was already cold, not immediately after his death.

I found this episode touching, especially early on in the series it allows us to connect emotionally with Jack in a way we don't get to very often. It is sad to watch, but has a good ending.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X