how would you sell b5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
    I would say this site is one of the best - http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/lurker.html. It's been up almost as long as the show itself. The website is full of spoilers, so be careful.
    HMFS! Haven't been to Lurkers Guide for a decade - can't believe it's still running!
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
      HMFS! Haven't been to Lurkers Guide for a decade - can't believe it's still running!
      It is still up, but it has not been updated for about two years. I know there really hasn't been too much news lately, but The Lost Tales hasn't been reviewed and/or commented on like the older post B5 projects.

I don't know if you could sell B5 today without changing how it was written like a theater project and not just for TV. I think the reason it lasted was the confusion going on at PTEN as it was trying to be a network. Luckily for all the fans of the show, it did have its 5 year run although the last season and a half would have probably been better had JMS known he would have a 5th year to tell the story.

With how weak season 1 is at first glance, I don't know if it would have made it to season 2 on another network. A lot of people point to this series as an example of how great a series can become given some time, but I think there are not many creators/producers/writers who could have up the quality of the show so much from season 1 to 2.

Looking back at the franchise, if Crusade had been a Sci-Fi program at its inception instead of on TNT, the show would have been the channel's anchor show for its five year run in my opinion. Also, if Crusade was a winner for Sci-Fi, they may have never brought Stargate SG-1 to the channel when it was done on Showtime. Now that is an interesting thought.
      Spoiler:
      sigpic

Comment

did crusade last a whole season? Anyone have a link to good overall b5 trailer about the series as a whole?

Comment

nope, there was only about 15 episodes and several those was not even aired.

Ignore the fifth season, there not such thing.
          Is the only scifi show achieve better ratings than the soap operas in Britain in it final episode.

Comment

Is the only scifi show achieve better ratings than the soap operas in Britain in it final episode.

wow! that's pretty good for a season that doesn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Theimmortaljedi View Post

wow! that's pretty good for a season that doesn't exist.
              Actually the season and series final was Endgame season 4 which achieve the the result. It was a fantastic end to a fantastic series.

Comment

There is no way Babylon 5 had more viewers than the major soap operas in Britain for its final episode. In fact for a guess i would say channel 4 ( the channel it was shown on) has never in its history had more viewers than the major soaps.
                Last edited by Dumper; 02 August 2009, 12:56 PM.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylon_5

read the bit about forecast history. Why wiki usally not 100% I believe this is true an the rest of the article is accurate.

Comment

It is a space opera about the rise and fall of galactic empires, full of political and personal intrigue, featuring heroic and tragic characters who hold the fate of many in the critical decisions they must make.

Comment

Just talk about John Sheridan, that will get them into it

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRo-q...eature=related

put this video out there, it sums up the note of the series perfectly
                        sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4907261/1/Golden_Dawn

^ My new fanfic ^ Enjoy and please subscribe!

(Shameless advertising ftw)

Comment

Working...
                        X