Star Trek Beyond : News/Speculation/Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
    I'd love to see Alice Eve return as Carol Marcus, but as much as I hate saying this, I don't want Cumberbatch to return. Fantastic villain, amazing performance, but I want to see something different in the sequel. The movies need to get into the final frontier. They can't keep doing stuff that involves their own backyard. Get into deep space and start exploring.
    Spoiler:
    I Wouldn't mind him returning, but not for the sequel, but then again i guess it depends on how many movies there doing, they made it look to me like into darkness was a prequel to The Original Series, (in an alternate reality yes, but still) so maybe he could return in the 4th or 5th movie (if we get them) he would look older then and have more of kahn look about him , but for now i think leave him alone for awhile

Spoiler:
    this raises the question, who could be the next villain? the klingons? could the genesis device play a part in the movie? could we have the war between the federation/klingons? or federation/romulans? or federation vs both klingons/romulans?, how about sybok?, with Carol Marcus on the Enterprise i have no doubt that she will be in the 3rd film could we see a relationship between her and kirk? my problem here is there would be a HUGE timeskip if they ever were to include david in a film

I Still hope J.J does the 3rd film
    Last edited by mr_kennedy; 25 May 2013, 05:44 PM.
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post

Spoiler:
      this raises the question, who could be the next villain? the klingons? could the genesis device play a part in the movie? could we have the war between the federation/klingons? or federation/romulans? or federation vs both klingons/romulans?, how about sybok?, with Carol Marcus on the Enterprise i have no doubt that she will be in the 3rd film could we see a relationship between her and kirk? my problem here is there would be a HUGE timeskip if they ever were to include david in a film

I Still hope J.J does the 3rd film
      or you know they could invent some new characters, aliens an a original story. I know that a novel concept for Hollywood.
      Last edited by knowles2; 02 November 2013, 02:24 AM.

Comment

BREAKING: Star Trek XIII to be titled ‘Star Trek Beyond’

It appears that ‘Star Trek Beyond‘ may be the title of the upcoming Star Trek film, lucky number 13 in the franchise. As far as the storyline is concerned, the title suggests that the new film will venture farther out into the galaxy than we have seen in the previous two Abrams films, as co-writer Simon Pegg has been hinting at for some time now.

Star Trek Beyond
        TrekMovie.com has it on good authority that Star Trek Beyond is being used for the title of the new Trek film. What we do know is that the name has been registered with the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA), a step that typically signifies a title has been settled on for an upcoming movie. It is possible, given Bad Robot’s history of secrecy and pretense, that this is merely a decoy name registered to stir up conjecture amongst the media and fans. But, the official title will need to be registered with the MPAA before the film’s release, and given the timeline, it seems likely that such a decision would be made now.

Does this mean our heroes will venture “beyond” where they have before? We may, as suggested by the film’s co-writer Simon Pegg, get to see a more exploration-focused, less Earth-centric storyline. Pegg said in a recent interview to Den of Geek:
        So for me it’s now about the spirit of adventure and exploration and also, in modern terms, just how would that be for people, to be away for that amount of time and that kind of stuff.
        Pegg has been expressing similar sentiments about the film’s storyline all around the web. Suggesting that he was writing a script to bring Star Trek “back to its roots”, he had this to say to The Guardian:
        And it’s a story about frontierism and adventure and optimism and fun, and that’s where we want to take it, you know. Where no man has gone before – where no one has gone before, sensibly corrected for a slighter more enlightened generation. But yeah, that’s the mood at the moment.
        This will certainly be good news to most fans who have expressed their eagerness to get back to the Final Frontier.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

My first entry on this forum. Hmmm now what should I say that is notably profound. Hmmm. Give me the original series any day. Saw the first episode here in Oz way back in the 60s and fell in love with it from the start. Had never seen its like before except maybe in the movie Forbidden Planet' still my favourite SciFi film all these years later. Star Trek remains my favourite series.

Comment

Spock Documentary Sets $600,000 Kickstarter Campaign
            (Spockumentary?)

"For the Love of Spock" - A Documentary Film

Adam Nimoy's website: http://www.fortheloveofspock.com/
            Total syffy posts: 36,690
            (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
            Matthew 5:9

Comment

Nichelle Nichols Suffers Mild Stroke, Star Trek Star Undergoing Testing

Total syffy posts: 36,690
              (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
              Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                Ah, so like the crew finds a ripped hole in the universe or something... leading to this alternate mirror universe?

That could be cool.
                I have always liked the mirror verse stories (especially novels by Shatner) but i wonder how it would translate to the big screen. Also would it be the mirror verse of THIS time line/AR or the original timeline/AR?

or you know they could invent some new characters, aliens an a original story. I know that a novel concept for Hollywood.
                How's about an earlier itteration of the borg or Dominion.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  How's about an earlier itteration of the borg or Dominion.
                  Ooooo...Borg! I like!
                  sigpic

Comment

Trailer time!!

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Interesting.. Loved the soundtrack!

Comment

I wasn't expecting much and there no nice way to put this but that trailer is crap, worse trailer release for next year blockbusters so far. The only redeeming quality is seeing that monstrosity of a ship get destroyed, hopefully I will never have to lay eyes on her again.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                          I wasn't expecting much and there no nice way to put this but that trailer is crap, worse trailer release for next year blockbusters so far. The only redeeming quality is seeing that monstrosity of a ship get destroyed, hopefully I will never have to lay eyes on her again.
                          Tell us how you really feel...go on now...don't hold back!
                          sigpic

Comment

I happen to agree with him on this one. The trailer was mostly just mindless explosions of the Enterprise and the crew fighting
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Maybe it was the Beastie Boys song or the seemingly mindless action, but I also didn't care much for that trailer.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                                Maybe it was the Beastie Boys song or the seemingly mindless action, but I also didn't care much for that trailer.
                                Beastie Boys song was a callback to the 2009 movie scene where young Kirk was stealing the car, and the same song (Sabotage) was playing.
                                Hence the "Good choice." line from Kirk in the trailer.

I also didn't care for the trailer or where it seems the movie is going. How many Enterprises are they going to destroy? And you can't explore space without a ship.

I know it sounds weird to say this, but, less action please. I mean, think about it - the best original movies - 2 & 6, weren't action packed - they had it where it mattered. It was more about story, and characters.

Comment

Working...
                                X