Star Trek Beyond : News/Speculation/Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
    Ah, so like the crew finds a ripped hole in the universe or something... leading to this alternate mirror universe?

That could be cool.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    Indeed it could be. We'll just have to wait and see what they come up with.

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
    If they do go to the evil MU would that mean that mirror Nero would have to have gone back in time and messed things up over there too? Or, would it be set some time after "Mirror Mirror," but before "Crossover?" If the later than maybe we could see the beginnings of the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance.
    there are an infinite number of potential universes

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
      there are an infinite number of potential universes
      That is true. They could go with anything.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

How else would another Mirror Universe develop?
        it's a new timeline a new canon and a new universe. that has been established in the comic book. so IMO the new canon is a clean slate everything is new again,
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

That is true. They could go with anything.
          And actually in this scenario Nero is likely to be the good guy next to the evil something or other. Ooooo alternate Universe...Spock set off the black hole

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
            And actually in this scenario Nero is likely to be the good guy next to the evil something or other. Ooooo alternate Universe...Spock set off the black hole
            That would be likely.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

If there is a MU story I'd like to see Kirk's killer mirror used.

Comment

That would be likely.
                and funny

If there is a MU story I'd like to see Kirk's killer mirror used.
                And with modern special effects!

Comment

If they do go to the evil MU would that mean that mirror Nero would have to have gone back in time and messed things up over there too? Or, would it be set some time after "Mirror Mirror," but before "Crossover?" If the later than maybe we could see the beginnings of the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance.
                  The new movies takes place in an altogether different universe. So, technically, there are now three main universes.

Comment

I don't know who Nero is, but the latest movie altered the timeline, creating a new parellel/mirror universe. Nero may not have had any effect on 'our' timeline, as it were.

Edited to add: Oh, wait, Nero was the guy who blew up Vulcan *headdesk*

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    it's a new timeline a new canon and a new universe. that has been established in the comic book. so IMO the new canon is a clean slate everything is new again,
                    ^ What Pharoah Atem said. It's essentially a big F You to all the people who've watched all the different incarnations since the sixties /snark. Can you tell I wasn't impressed by that aspect of it? Although I didn't mind the film in general, and look forward to the next one

Originally posted by Aewon View Post
                    The new movies takes place in an altogether different universe. So, technically, there are now three main universes.
                    I don't know if 'main' is applicable in a situation where there are, theoretically, an infinite number of universes. But certainly 'main' in terms of what we actually see

Presumably in this movie, they have to deal with the Vulcans and their efforts to repopulate the species. Does this mean that they have to interbreed (putting an end to Spock/Uhura), or mix with other species (meaning a Spock/Uhura baby)?

Potential plots are wide open now that they aren't bound by canon. They could have Earth come under direct attack from a new enemy, or open with a war between the Klingons and what became the Federation. Perhaps killing all the Vulcans has an effect on relations between other planets, who knows?
                    Last edited by gateraid; 22 October 2010, 12:30 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Soooo, presumably, to get to the top of the page after nearly 2.5 months, this thread must've been edited. I'm not sure what for. No, seriously, I have no idea.

Anyway, what's the latest on the next movie? I hope it will be a 'fresh' story (as in, a new alien/arc that we've never encountered), else there really was no point to the reset at all. It may even feature Ambassador Spock's death (yes, again).
                      sigpic

Comment

Nimoy has retired from acting, so he won't be in the next Trek movie. So thankfully, they won't be killing him off.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                          Nimoy has retired from acting, so he won't be in the next Trek movie. So thankfully, they won't be killing him off.
                          Weeeeellllll, he's quit Trek before too But I take your point, we wont be seeing him in the next movie.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                            Weeeeellllll, he's quit Trek before too But I take your point, we wont be seeing him in the next movie.
                            Which is fine. This movie can do just fine with the characters they established in the last movie.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Which is fine. This movie can do just fine with the characters they established in the last movie.
                              Yes, for now at least. It would be cool to eventually seem some more characters from the "Main" Universe(what is the original Trek universe called anyways?).

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd
                                Yes, for now at least. It would be cool to eventually seem some more characters from the "Main" Universe(what is the original Trek universe called anyways?).
                                The original universe doesn't have a name. Before we just had real/main/prime and then the mirror universe. I just call it Trekverse, call the movies Abramsverse. I know Trekverse is technically incorrect as it's supposed to refer to all Trek but there are no real better alternatives at the minute.

I am not sure I'd like to see Trekverse characters crossing over. Spock was okay because it helps bridge both sides of the timeline challenges but I would rather the Abramsverse be a separate and secondary continuity rather than co-existing and having everyone crossing over like a Mirrorverse episode.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X