Star Trek Beyond : News/Speculation/Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
    The original universe doesn't have a name. Before we just had real/main/prime and then the mirror universe. I just call it Trekverse, call the movies Abramsverse. I know Trekverse is technically incorrect as it's supposed to refer to all Trek but there are no real better alternatives at the minute.

I am not sure I'd like to see Trekverse characters crossing over. Spock was okay because it helps bridge both sides of the timeline challenges but I would rather the Abramsverse be a separate and secondary continuity rather than co-existing and having everyone crossing over like a Mirrorverse episode.
    Yeah but I get the felling another time travel/mirror universe storyline will rear its head eventually. But I suppose it depends on how many films there will be.

Comment

Interesting...I'm excited to see what happens!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
        The original universe doesn't have a name. Before we just had real/main/prime and then the mirror universe. I just call it Trekverse, call the movies Abramsverse. I know Trekverse is technically incorrect as it's supposed to refer to all Trek but there are no real better alternatives at the minute.

I am not sure I'd like to see Trekverse characters crossing over. Spock was okay because it helps bridge both sides of the timeline challenges but I would rather the Abramsverse be a separate and secondary continuity rather than co-existing and having everyone crossing over like a Mirrorverse episode.
        I call the one with 40 years of history, 5 live action shows, and 10 movies the canon universe.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          Interesting...I'm excited to see what happens!
          Same here. I have high hopes for this next film.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

You know, I liked ST:2009 for what it was, so let's put that on the table. However, I do hope we never see time travel again in ST. I realize WHY Abrams did it, but time travel has been the premise of too many Trek films. In addition, this is the only Trek movie in which they create an alternate timeline. Why didn't that happen when Kirk slingshotted around the sun, or when Picard and Co. flew through the Chrono particle Borg vortex?
            There are plenty of great ideas that don't require time travel, and from what I've seen on sites like this, the script of ST2 seems very character-centric, which is what Abrams does best. Technical issues, not as much.

Comment

not sure where to post this, or if i should just start a new thread. but Patrick Stewart carried the Olympic torch:

http://www.startrek.com/article/patr...-olympic-torch

there's a video of him doing it
              sigpic

Comment

If it's Star Trek, I'll check it out(the only place that rule doesn't work is DS9).
                "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I can't wait for info about this movie to really start coming out.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i liked Abrams Star Trek. It was a different vision that i felt worked. it did have its problems [the destruction of vulcan for instance] but i enjoyed it. i'm looking forward to the sequel and i'm hoping for an original villain and not a reboot of khan or gary mitchell as is rumoured.

for me star trek never 100%clicked as a movie franchise, the style of story was always suited as a tv series and in my opinion should be where the focus is.

those who don't fall, never stand up

Comment

Let me guess, Spock gets lost in the end of movie 2 and is brought back in movie 3, lol. That's the connection and the cliffhanger.

Comment

my dad (who watched the original series) in the 60s throughly enjoyed the remake and he can't wait to see the second one.

Comment

Just had a thought, now that JJ Abrams is directing the next Star Wars film, when will Star Trek (3) be made and who will direct?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                            Just had a thought, now that JJ Abrams is directing the next Star Wars film, when will Star Trek (3) be made and who will direct?
                            That hasn't been determined yet, but it's likely Paramount would aim for a 2016 release since that's the 50th anniversary of the franchise. That would make it all but impossible for JJ Abrams to direct it unless they go for a holiday release.
                            Meh...

Comment

if both Carol Marcus and John Harrison survive Into Darkness, i could imagine the core seven (Pine, Quinto, Urban, Cho, Pegg, Saldana, Yelchin) along with Alice eve and Benedict Cumberbatch returning for #3.

Comment

I'd love to see Alice Eve return as Carol Marcus, but as much as I hate saying this, I don't want Cumberbatch to return. Fantastic villain, amazing performance, but I want to see something different in the sequel. The movies need to get into the final frontier. They can't keep doing stuff that involves their own backyard. Get into deep space and start exploring.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X