Star Trek Beyond : News/Speculation/Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
    Beastie Boys song was a callback to the 2009 movie scene where young Kirk was stealing the car, and the same song (Sabotage) was playing.
    Hence the "Good choice." line from Kirk in the trailer.

I also didn't care for the trailer or where it seems the movie is going. How many Enterprises are they going to destroy? And you can't explore space without a ship.

I know it sounds weird to say this, but, less action please. I mean, think about it - the best original movies - 2 & 6, weren't action packed - they had it where it mattered. It was more about story, and characters.
    I know, and I actually don't mind that song in general, I just didn't like it for the trailer song. I think it somehow made all the action seem more mindless.
    sigpic

Comment

To me it looks like they gave Trek the Fast and Furious treatment, and no i stopped watching after F5.

Comment

Seems like Simon Pegg (Scotty, co-writer of ST Beyond) didn't much like the trailer either:
        It was very action-packed. I didn't… Yeah. It was surprising. I find it to be kind of the marketing people saying, “Everybody come and see this film, it’s full of action and fun,” when there’s a lot more to it than that. I didn't love it because I know there’s a lot more to the film. There’s a lot more story and a lot more character stuff, and a lot more what I would call Star Trek stuff. But you know, they've got to bring a big audience in. They've got to bang the drum. To the Star Trek fans, I’d say be patient.
        And also, from director Justin Lin:
        There were other versions that were much more tradition and I can see where maybe the hardcore fans could probably see that as, 'oh.' The one thing I wanted to make sure is that it hopefully represents that we are trying to be bold and take risks. Whether we are successful or not, I don’t know. When I saw the teaser, I'm like, aw s**t. You really have to put the motorcycle in there? So I get it, I get it, I get it.
        http://www.slashfilm.com/simon-pegg-...eyond-trailer/
        Last edited by DigiFluid; 18 December 2015, 05:36 AM.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

So the movie studio heard the massive negative vibe and deployed pegg and co to try and roll back the tide of negativity around this film, bet a new trailer will come out much sooner than originally plan and the marketing person who thought this crap up was sacked.

Comment

Not really surprising. In my experience, the only people more clueless than Marketing are Sales.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Star Trek Beyond Official Trailer #2 (2016)

sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
              ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

I am floored, floored that after all the negative feedback about it in the first trailer, this new one has the motorbikes in it AGAIN.

Comment

I heard there were complaints about the Beastie Boys song in the first trailer, but what were the complaints about the motorcycles?
                  sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

Comment

The whole FROM THE DIRECTOR OF FAST & FURIOUS followed by motorcycle stunts earned so many eyerolls it's a wonder we didn't spin the Earth off its axis.

I will say I think this trailer is better than the first one, but I think that's down to decent content managing to edge out Marketing's latest terrible attempt at lowest-common-denominator attraction.

Comment

New trailer:

Featuring Rihanna for some damn reason.

Comment

Is it me or did that song not fit the trailer?
                        sigpic

Comment

The song does not fit Star Trek period.... reguardless i do really like it

Im kind of excited for this movie
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

Hikaru Sulu revealed as gay in Star Trek Beyond.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36736006

Comment

Bleh.. Don't really care as long as his 'gayness' isn't in your face.

Comment

When i read about Abrams Sulu being gay, i immediately thought maybe its a homage to George Tekai who is gay
                                Last Movie Watched
                                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                                Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                                X