Star Trek Beyond : News/Speculation/Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek Beyond : News/Speculation/Spoilers

Star Trek's Third Movie Being Plotted Out Already?

Last night at the Wrath Of Con party at Comic Con we got a few seconds with Trek and Transformers screenwriters Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, and eked out a little Trek update for everyone.

I know there was a meeting about Star Trek a little while a go, have there been any more additional meetings at all? Any little update you can give us about the next film?

Roberto Orci: Nothing was decided [at the last meeting]. It was really about, hmmm. You know what, I'll give you a tidbit. [They said to us] 'We thought maybe you could do that as like 2 and 3.'
    Think about what it means! Could the second movie end on a cliffhanger that will directly lead into the third? Will there be a story arc that spans the next two films? Also if they are trying to incorporate an idea into both 2 and 3 this could mean that we could have a third movie quickly after the next.

http://io9.com/5322654/star-treks-th...ed-out-already

They could film both 2 and 3 together. Then, release 3 a year after they release 2.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I wonder what time of plot could span to films??

Comment

probably pull a twilight, and have them within a few months of each other... but I bet that's not easy to do.

Comment

Roberto Orci Talks Star Trek XII and XIII Speculation

io9 asked Orci about his statements the other day that Star Trek XII and XIII might have a linked storyline - maybe with a cliffhanger, or a plot thread that continues from one movie into the next. Orci downplayed the speculation, saying "We had one meeting on [Star Trek], that's me, JJ [Abrams], Damon [Lindelof], Bryan Burk and Alex Kurtzman. And in that one fifteen minute meeting we were talking sooo generally and it somehow the idea maybe came up that that maybe, just for a second, we were thinking maybe of the two movies in tranches. Nothing is set in stone, there is no story there really. We are just starting that crazy process of throwing every idea against the wall and see what happens. So there is nothing to report there really."
          http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/07/...culation.shtml

Comment

Crave Online: Do you expect to stay on Star Trek for more than 2 or 3 films?

Roberto Orci: Expect is a dirty word I think. It would be nice but again we gotta take it one movie at a time. Thinking about Star Trek 2 being out two years from now, it's so hard to say in three years, "Yeah, sign me up for 3."
            http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/09/...Trek-XII.shtml

Comment

all hail the empire
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

A mirror universe storyline could be very interesting.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  A mirror universe storyline could be very interesting.
                  I'll admit, it would be interesting... but I wouldn't want to see it in a movie.

I'd like the movies to stay true to the other movies, and the show.

Exploration, bad guys, women, and heroes overcoming impossible odds in the end

I don't want to watch a 2hour movie with our favorite characters causing trouble and destruction across the universe, I want them to be the characters we've come to know and love over the years.

Now, I could take a tv series set in a mirror universe, that wouldn't bother me to much

Comment

Presumably though it would be a Cross over like Mirror, Mirror, that one would get sucked into the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                      Presumably though it would be a Cross over like Mirror, Mirror, that one would get sucked into the other.
                      Ah, so like the crew finds a ripped hole in the universe or something... leading to this alternate mirror universe?

That could be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                        Ah, so like the crew finds a ripped hole in the universe or something... leading to this alternate mirror universe?

That could be cool.
                        Indeed it could be. We'll just have to wait and see what they come up with.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

If they do go to the evil MU would that mean that mirror Nero would have to have gone back in time and messed things up over there too? Or, would it be set some time after "Mirror Mirror," but before "Crossover?" If the later than maybe we could see the beginnings of the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance.

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
                            If they do go to the evil MU would that mean that mirror Nero would have to have gone back in time and messed things up over there too? Or, would it be set some time after "Mirror Mirror," but before "Crossover?" If the later than maybe we could see the beginnings of the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance.
                            I hadn't really thought of Nero in this scenario. Hmmmm! He wouldn't have necessarily had to, right?
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

How else would another Mirror Universe develop?

Comment

Working...
                              X