This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Icarus Base Attack

Hey, So I've been digging through the new trailer for Universe, and it looks like the Goa'uld are the ones attacking Icarus. If not the gould, some other race with Goa'uld tech, like the Lucian Alliance or -- god forbid -- the Jaffa. Any other thoughts?
    Last edited by segaxgames; 24 July 2009, 02:13 AM.

Might wanna get a mod to put spoilers in the thread title buddy. Anyway, in the episode

Spoiler:
    The characters speculate it was the Lucian Alliance
    Last edited by David; 24 July 2009, 01:54 AM.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
      Might wanna get a mod to put spoilers in the thread title buddy. Anyway, in the episode

Spoiler:
      The characters speculate it was the Lucian Alliance
      Spoiler:
      The Lucian Alliance is a good bet since there are not many powerful Goa'uld left that could mount such an attack. Although having the Allianace is a bit of a kick in the teeth since they do suck as an enemy its great to see Death Gliders once again kicking butt.

Hmmm...... I wonder if this is a clue towards the Alliance being in the 3rd SG-1 movie?

Finally just so you know for the future its Goa'uld not Gould
      sigpic
      Banner Made By Me for Me
      The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

i think bringing back the goa'uld is a good idea, id like to see them, if you watch the new trailer
        Spoiler:
        theres a lot of big explosions (and maybe even the whole planet, near the end)

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
          i think bringing back the goa'uld is a good idea, id like to see them, if you watch the new trailer
          Spoiler:
          Spoiler:
          if it is the Goa'uld how destroy the planet that's a great score for the Goa'uld and a much needed win against the SGC. However if its the Alliance then I find it hard to believe they could do that and it would make them a much bigger threat than they was before.
          sigpic
          Banner Made By Me for Me

Comment

it is me or does it look like
            Spoiler:
            Lieutenant General Jack O'Neill was on icarus when it was attacked too?

Comment

If it was the Lucian Alliance that's just pathetic. Why didn't the base have any defensives. Why did they gate to the ship instead of another planet? What happen to the ship that beamed them down? I hope these questions are answered.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypochondriac View Post
                If it was the Lucian Alliance that's just pathetic. Why didn't the base have any defensives. Why did they gate to the ship instead of another planet? What happen to the ship that beamed them down? I hope these questions are answered.
                1. I am sure the base has some defenses like the odd railgun, however its meant to be a Secret Base, built into a mountain side on a remote planet. Putting gun turrets and orbiting ships everywhere will give away its position.

2. Rush chooses to dial the Destiny over Earth, he has a choice and in the moments picks his ambitions rather than the right thing to do. I am sure the pilot will reveal more of his motivations.

3. I would think the Hammond was sent elsewhere, since most of Earths ships where damaged in Atlantis. I also doubt the attack takes place right after the beamed down, maybe a few days or so after?

4. I agree the Lucian Alliance are pathetic
                sigpic
                Banner Made By Me for Me

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  It does indeed. I have a feeling it is the
                  Spoiler:
                  Icarus planet because you see what seems to be the stargate exploding near the end of the trailer. That, coupled with the (im assuming here) massive amounts of power being stored in the facility would create one hell of a bang.

What happen to the ship that beamed them down? I hope these questions are answered.
                  From what has been released in spoilers and speculation so far,
                  Spoiler:
                  the Hammond will be caught up in a fire fight with a number of Hat'ak vessels above Icarus. This allows a troop transport and death gliders to enter the atmosphere and attack the base.
                  sigpic
                  By *E*K*R*

Comment

Spoiler:
                    they did, the gun like the once on atlantis at the first siege in season 1 and looked like .50 cal guns also

Comment

The explosion at the end looks might be the base self-destruct. A gatebuster warhead perhaps. The size of the explosion looks of a similar (or greater) magnitude to that seen in SG-1 S9E06 "Beachhead".

Probably is the Lucian Alliance. We're supposed to officially be at war or something.
                      Death Is Only The Beginning Of One's Journey...
                      Save SG-1
                      http://www.savestargatesg-1.com

Comment

we should just kill off their Kassa trains and their Ha'taks then we have no probs

www.darkarmada.nl
                        www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

the general hammond would have an easy time in a fire fight with the asguard beam weapons, they be easy to go threw gould shields.

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                            1. I am sure the base has some defenses like the odd railgun, however its meant to be a Secret Base, built into a mountain side on a remote planet. Putting gun turrets and orbiting ships everywhere will give away its position.

2. Rush chooses to dial the Destiny over Earth, he has a choice and in the moments picks his ambitions rather than the right thing to do. I am sure the pilot will reveal more of his motivations.

3. I would think the Hammond was sent elsewhere, since most of Earths ships where damaged in Atlantis. I also doubt the attack takes place right after the beamed down, maybe a few days or so after?

4. I agree the Lucian Alliance are pathetic
                            I agree that it will have some defenses. Railguns are a good bet, and there will probably be some heavy infantary weapons.

I don't think the gate goes to Earth. They would have gated to Icarus base from Earth if it did. Plus Telford said that they had no idea where the gate takes them.

Is the ship definetly the Hammond? I didn't hear them say that but it's a fitting tribute to a great man if it is.

The Lucian Alliance are going to get wiped out is this possibly what the next SG1 movie is about?. With the Oddy, Sun Tzu, Daedalus and the Apollo we would walk over them.
                            Spoiler:
                            Not to mention Atlantis.

Comment

Perhaps they had to reconfigure their DHD somehow, so they are not able to dial earth during the attack and if the george hammond is still in orbit it won't be able to beam anyone up with shields up, which they probably need in a space battle.

I think it's safe to assume it is the george hammond as we have seen Eli on the set of the ship.

The Deadalus, Apollo and the Sun Tzu need to get back to Milky Way first, they haven't got a repair dock in Pegasus anymore with Atlantis back on Earth and we don't know exactly when Universe is starting, could be directly after Atlantis is back and then we are down to two ships, Odyssee and George Hammond. I'm sure the producers get the ships occupied...
                              sigpic
                              A lot of the things that made Stargate awesome, but just with steroids, spread all over it. - Brian J. Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X