Alternate Endings or Episodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternate Endings or Episodes

Just thought we could start a thread about what we would have liked to see in an episode and maybe how we would change others.

Alternate for Stargate Atlantis Season 5 last episode "emeny at the gate"

Ok here is what I think would have been the better ending.

They should have had Atlantis ram the hive when they realized they were skimming the atmosphere. This would have done two things.
    Left us viewers with a sense of loss instead of "oh golly gee" everything is fine and nobody died!
    And second if they had indeed rammed the hive. this could have opened up so many windows for good scenes! Zelinca and Keller would be dead, thus there are so many scenes available for Rodney. Example. Rodney could give the eulogy for Zelinca! so many possibilities there! Rodney could actually give him praise and maybe even see him cry i.e. show is true character! this would have been nice to see. Also we could see him grieve over his loss of Keller. They would have saved the day but at what cost. Also Sheppard would be mad that he couldn't save the city and set off the nuke earlier. Thus we could be able to dive into his personal struggle with himself afore mentioned in Remnants. Also Tayla would be sad because her child would have died. So Ronan or Sheppard could have a very tender scene where they comfort her. Ronan would be "without a home" and have lost his "to be girlfriend" so there are many scenes that could be done there.

This ending would be very dark and depressing but I think it would be more literal and close to reality per say. As apposed to "we saved earth from the most impossible thing to destroy with hardly anyone dying!"

All in all I applaud the writers it was a decent ending to a very good series!

P.s. They should have brought back Ford. THAT would have been awesome! Maybe even have him help out the Atlantis team in saving earth.

Comment

Originally posted by KCIV View Post

They should have had Atlantis ram the hive when they realized they were skimming the atmosphere. This would have done two things.
      Left us viewers with a sense of loss instead of "oh golly gee" everything is fine and nobody died!
      And second if they had indeed rammed the hive. this could have opened up so many windows for good scenes! Zelinca and Keller would be dead, thus there are so many scenes available for Rodney. Example. Rodney could give the eulogy for Zelinca! so many possibilities there! Rodney could actually give him praise and maybe even see him cry i.e. show is true character! this would have been nice to see. Also we could see him grieve over his loss of Keller. They would have saved the day but at what cost. Also Sheppard would be mad that he couldn't save the city and set off the nuke earlier. Thus we could be able to dive into his personal struggle with himself afore mentioned in Remnants. Also Tayla would be sad because her child would have died. So Ronan or Sheppard could have a very tender scene where they comfort her. Ronan would be "without a home" and have lost his "to be girlfriend" so there are many scenes that could be done there.

This ending would be very dark and depressing but I think it would be more literal and close to reality per say. As apposed to "we saved earth from the most impossible thing to destroy with hardly anyone dying!"

P.s. They should have brought back Ford. THAT would have been awesome! Maybe even have him help out the Atlantis team in saving earth.
      it would also leave an opening for SGE
      SG-1 members
      Atlantis Team members

Comment

Exactly! or force them to do a SGA seson 6.

Comment

Oh nooooo, you killed a baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Not the baby.His mother maybe.

I would've liked to see more space battles.All those wraith darts coming upon Earth needed to be destroyed, but they only show us a few scenes of fighting.As if they were taken down with Aroxol or something.
          And we didn't need to see the SG1 characters "for crying out loud!!!!!!" and the operation room.

pjp what's SGE?
          Spoiler:
          APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
          (YEAR 0 - 100)
          "O thou Sun,
          send me as far over the earth
          as is my pleasure and thine,
          and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
          but never hear anything of bad ones,
          nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

I would have loved to see an extended ending for it, with some notiable tv reporters showcasing the videos of the air battles with wraith darts, atlantis coming in (i am sorry that WOULD have been noticed by many, not just those few airplanes they mentioned), and maybe a crashed wraith dart or two showing an escaping wraith (shades of vegas here)..

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
              Oh nooooo, you killed a baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Not the baby.His mother maybe.

I would've liked to see more space battles.All those wraith darts coming upon Earth needed to be destroyed, but they only show us a few scenes of fighting.As if they were taken down with Aroxol or something.
              And we didn't need to see the SG1 characters "for crying out loud!!!!!!" and the operation room.

pjp what's SGE?
              SGE is Stargate Extinction
              SG-1 members
              Atlantis Team members

Comment

Thanks for keeping the thread going guys! Im in college so this is the first time ive been able to catch back up!

Comment

When they were found by Elizabeth Weir and her replicator mates in S05E05(The Ghost In The Machine), Elizabeth said they met a lot of other hi-tech civilizations. Why didn't she give them some adresses? In episode 05x10 (First Contact) asgard just escaped and were never mentioned again...they could for example contract alliance. That's what i would like to see.

Comment

And second if they had indeed rammed the hive. this could have opened up so many windows for good scenes! Zelinca and Keller would be dead, [b]thus there are so many scenes available for Rodney]/b]. Example. Rodney could give the eulogy for Zelinca! so many possibilities there! Rodney could actually give him praise and maybe even see him cry i.e. show is true character! this would have been nice to see. Also we could see him grieve over his loss of Keller. They would have saved the day but at what cost. Also Sheppard would be mad that he couldn't save the city and set off the nuke earlier. Thus we could be able to dive into his personal struggle with himself afore mentioned in Remnants. Also Tayla would be sad because her child would have died. So Ronan or Sheppard could have a very tender scene where they comfort her. Ronan would be "without a home" and have lost his "to be girlfriend" so there are many scenes that could be done there.

Oh yes, just what we need. More scenes for Rodney. Like he didn't have enough already
                    sigpic

Comment

What I'd have changed.

Ghost In The Machine - Koracen doesn't cause trouble so Weir and the other Replicators get their organic bodies and leave Atlantis to follow the normal route to Ascension.
                      sigpic

Comment

BAMSR: change the visuals so the Aurora's do not blow up from everything that hits them.

i'd change SGA season 5. identity is annihilated. Vegas becomes 5x18, and EATG is a twoparter (5x19 and 5x20).

in EATG, the deadalus is on the move when it gets hit, we get to see the Midway battle, the wormholedrive is never created (instead, zelenka repairs the hyperdrive), the arctic weapon actually DOES fire, the F-302's DO carry nukes and they DO attack.

the superhive isnt impervious to damage. it can simply soak up an immense amount of damage. the Deadalus' plasma beams cut through the outer armor, but simply nothing happens. the Apollo and Sun Tzu turn a small part of the Superhive to swiss cheese, but to no effect. the dartbays are not a weak point anymore. the F-302's engage with the darts, and a group breaks off and shoots nukes at the superhive. which leaves a few craters on the Superhive hull, but still not enough.

the Odyssey is recalled, and engages the Superhive, Sheppard flies his F-302 to the Arctic, lands, and fires up the Superweapon present. he's no ancient, so the drones only fly up in swarms. the Odyssey is standing up to the Superhive, but all the asgard awesome simply is not enough. it's beams completely penetrate the Superhive, but the area damage is simply not enough, the ZPM is just .5m long, and stationed on a ship that is 11km long. it does not have just one, but actually 4 ZPM's strategically placed throughout the ship. then, Atlantis enters the Battle. from Earth, drones rise up and start battering the hull, from Atlantis, drones rise up and batter the hull, and the Odyssey fires it's beams in rapid succession. they cut the Superhive in two, sheppard continues learning how to control the Superweapon and increasing swarms of dones rise up, start cutting through the superhive, and it breaks into increasingly smaller pieces, then blows up.

during the Battle, Mckay, ronon, Teyla and a few marines got onboard, taking along a few naquahdah generators to do damage from the inside. after a game of hide and seek and after finding the first ZPM, they find it is completely encased in a 5m thick organic pillar. so they can not unplug it. Mckay hides the Generator, rigs a remote detonator to it, and arms it. they continue, ronon is severely injured. using some Enzyme from a dead wraith, he is kept alive. they arrive at the second ZPM, put up another rig, and leave. at this point, the superhive is increasingly damaged, and they decide to leave. Mckay manages to rig the Gate to dial the Alpha Site. just then, the Superhive is torn apart, and the (still active) gate is tossed into space, milliseconds after the last marine left. the Generators go to an overload, and blow up a few dozen seconds later. the explosion is not even visible on the outside. but the two ZPM's are gone. the back half has significantly reduced power, and ceases fire. the front half continues firing. Atlantis, which was never fully repaired since TLT/FC, is losing orbit and is pushed down into orbit. the Odyssey has reduced shield strenght and cant stand much longer. the Superhive is torn to shreds, while atlantis is descending into the atmosphere, ready to land.

Comment

Alternate ending: Season 4: Everything, including Atlantis, blows up. No Season 5. Excellent.
                          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                            Alternate ending: Season 4: Everything, including Atlantis, blows up. No Season 5. Excellent.
                            *nods head* The ideal ending
                            sigpic

Comment

I think I may just kill myself if Rodney gets any more scenes than he already has.....

Or maybe I'll just kill Rodney instead.

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                              Aww.... Now that's a happy ending!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X