This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU: Potential Madness

<<Snipped by Moderator>> I doubt much cool things will ever happen with SGU, but, I can still see tons of Marvelous potential:

Among these, having children: Yes, I know a forum exist for this topic but due to mischievous pandering, it was closed so here's my five cents: Humans are humans, and one thing we love to do is have sex, so I'm thinking the chances of babies being born could and would be eventually. Though this would cause a ton of problems; a further loss of precious resources, though it could make for an interesting episode along the paths of the evils that resides in the heart of men. I.E, some one decides to kill the children as in a mercy killing and or, use them for food--- I know that last bit was too much, but we're a society where mothers routinely put babies in microwave ovens and or boiling water, we're that sick.

Rape, rape and, did I mention, Rape? : During World War 2, the Bielski Partisans after being saved and in the midst of trying to survive, engaged in--- some of them did---that ole' age rhyme of rape. True story.

In the land of the Lawless, The wicked is king: Just as it says, whom the cap fits, let them wear it.

Religion: Yup, some turn to God, others to reason, conflict brings about calamity, hate begets rage. When in doubt, burn the immoral, works for me. When in fear; blame the faithful, works for them.

sickness; Odd diseases that melts off people skin or parasites that causes your brain to liquefy slowly. Or diseases that makes people mad, then they happily crave the blood of the uninfected. Even better, a disease that causes your skin to turn green and for you to glow in the dark as your flesh rot away. Good times.

Path to ascension: when crashing in a plane, will yourself to become a higher being. Why not, you got nothing to lose. Some on board could be seeking ascension.

These are but a few, perhaps you can add more.
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 20 July 2009, 12:39 PM.

Originally posted by Coremae View Post
    Due to the fact that producers are peanut brains I doubt much cool things will ever happen with SGU...
    We got some cool stuff with SG-1 and SGA. I have no reason to believe we won't get more "cool things" w/ SGU too. Lighten up eh.
    sigpic
    FOX Network

Comment

So to you Cool = Rape, unwanted pregnancies and child murder?

Comment

Religion: Yup, some turn to God, others to reason, conflict brings about calamity, hate begets rage. When in doubt, burn the immoral, works for me. When in fear; blame the faithful, works for them.
        Fail.

Some of the things you mentioned may be covered, but it will most likely not be to the extent you're suggesting. I don't think SGU will be that dark
        Sig by Pandora's Box
        sigpic

Comment

I.E, some one decides to kill the children as in a mercy killing and or, use them for food--- I know that last bit was too much, but we're a society where mothers routinely put babies in microwave ovens and or boiling water, we're that sick.
          Firstly, ew.

Secondly, it is counterproductive to the survival of any species to kill its young. A far more likely option is the sacrifice of the old(er) or infirm. Not that I'm condoning either option, but the second at least makes a sick sort of rational sense.

Rape, rape and, did I mention, Rape? : During World War 2, the Bielski Partisans after being saved and in the midst of trying to survive, engaged in--- some of them did---that ole' age rhyme of rape. True story.
          I doubt this will ever even be considered if for no other reason than that the person who commits the atrocious act will either have to be killed or left behind on some random planet as the Destiny continues on its voyage because no viewer will ever sympathise with a rapist. Ever.

Raping and pillaging kind of run counter to everything any "hero" on Stargate has ever stood for regardless of how "dark" the character has been because that's not dark so much as immoral and evil.

Curiously enough, what tends to happen very often in seemingly hopeless situations is that people of "reason" will turn to God often more militantly than those who'd believed in him from the get go. It's an interesting little facet of the human mind.

Obviously not all will become religious, but many will.

sickness; Odd diseases that melts off people skin or parasites that causes your brain to liquefy slowly. Or diseases that makes people mad, then they happily crave the blood of the uninfected. Even better, a disease that causes your skin to turn green and for you to glow in the dark as your flesh rot away. Good times.
          Soooo....a zombie horror film is what you're craving on SGU?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
            So to you Cool = Rape, unwanted pregnancies and child murder?
            I think he's probably confusing Stargate with America's Most Wanted.
            These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
              I think he's probably confusing Stargate with America's Most Wanted.
              Or the Maury Povich show with less emphasis on the child-killing.
              Sig by Pandora's Box
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pepermint Jaffa View Post
                We got some cool stuff with SG-1 and SGA. I have no reason to believe we won't get more "cool things" w/ SGU too. Lighten up eh.
                Second
                I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

what about a ring that sends people to other planets!....wait...

Comment

Uh, wow... Disconcerting... One wonders what was so much more disconcerting that it was edited out. No, wait. I really don't want to know.

Are you sure you've watched Stargate? 'Cause horrific suffering and human degredation really isn't what these folks do.

Comment

<<Snipped by Moderator>> I doubt much cool things will ever happen with SGU, but, I can still see tons of Marvelous potential:

... I know that last bit was too much, but we're a society where mothers routinely put babies in microwave ovens and or boiling water, we're that sick.

Routinely??? Uh, no. Not by a long shot.

You watch way too much 24 hour a day infotainment parading as the news.

As for the rest of your ideas, we have enough trash on the tube without catering to it. I'd rather see any themed storyline present how mankind alwys seems to rise to the occasion and finds a way to not only keep civilization going but improve it.

If I wanted Bladerunner meets Saw, ...well, I don't.

Seek help.
                      I watch HD on a 7.5 foot screen, how about you?

Comment

No, I watch too much news. I have no idea where that came from, but it wasn't CNN.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                          Firstly, ew.

Secondly, it is counterproductive to the survival of any species to kill its young. A far more likely option is the sacrifice of the old(er) or infirm. Not that I'm condoning either option, but the second at least makes a sick sort of rational sense.

I hear you, but pessimestically, through out history, humanity has done the complete opposite, during the fall of jerusalem in 70 ce mothers ate their kids, who knows what happens when things get that bad. We're more destructive than creative, and when things get bad, we usually become monsters.

I doubt this will ever even be considered if for no other reason than that the person who commits the atrocious act will either have to be killed or left behind on some random planet as the Destiny continues on its voyage because no viewer will ever sympathise with a rapist. Ever.

Raping and pillaging kind of run counter to everything any "hero" on Stargate has ever stood for regardless of how "dark" the character has been because that's not dark so much as immoral and evil.
                          Rapes is usually perpetrated by those of us who seem to be more civil and calm than most, and it's usually people we trust as regularly and spotless. It's simply the nature of the beast; some of us do unspeakable things, That's why startrek was so unrealistic; we're not good people fighting through the cloak of evil, we're closeted fiends clinging to the mirage of civility.

Curiously enough, what tends to happen very often in seemingly hopeless situations is that people of "reason" will turn to God often more militantly than those who'd believed in him from the get go. It's an interesting little facet of the human mind.

Obviously not all will become religious, but many will.

Soooo....a zombie horror film is what you're craving on SGU?

zealousness and extremism is as close as love and lust, and almost as interchangeable as love and lust is; given enough time in an enclosed spacial environment influenced with religious overtones, we're more Ori than Alteran.

Zombies? Sure, we're in space, who knows what weird extraterrestrial microbes will have their way with the destiny crew, so much potential for madness, it makes me giddy.

Thank you friend for your response, I'm in your debt.

Comment

Originally posted by solarscreen View Post

As for the rest of your ideas, we have enough trash on the tube without catering to it. I'd rather see any themed storyline present how mankind alwys seems to rise to the occasion and finds a way to not only keep civilization going but improve it.

If I wanted Bladerunner meets Saw, ...well, I don't.

Seek help.
                            I hear you, but, humanity isn't as good as you make them out to be; we're wrong, completely and totally wrong. knowing we're wrong makes living here easier, not necessarily safer, but things become easier.

The right MOOD MOMENT and MINDSET, we're all Genghis khan.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                              Uh, wow... Disconcerting... One wonders what was so much more disconcerting that it was edited out. No, wait. I really don't want to know.

Are you sure you've watched Stargate? 'Cause horrific suffering and human degredation really isn't what these folks do.
                              Sure, most of them could have gotten home whenever they so chose, and Atlantis crew was in a very large city and got to see the sun all the time. The city was spooky but was so much like nirvana, they never ever felt they were in limbo or purgatory. Try the same on a dead ship, with failing life support, no heat and your heading deeper into the blackness of the universe; despair, decadence, decay.

Thank you for the post.

Comment

Working...
                              X