Deadliest Catch Discussion, Appreciation, Letching Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deadliest Catch Discussion, Appreciation, Letching Thread

For fans of the Discovery Channel show Deadliest Catch.

I believe the show is now in Season Five on Discovery, so better use spoiler tags for this season, anything previous is fair game

This season they're featuring the old standby's

Wizard - Captained by Keith Coburn
    Northwestern - Captained by Sig Hansen
    Cornelia Marie - Captained by Phil Harris
    Time Bandit - Captained by Andy Hilstrand

Have fun, discuss, letch,

which boat/crew is your favorite?
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

LOL Keith on DC is a bit too emotional for me...don't ask me why cause Zig can be a horses pattuti as well and sometimes worse but for some reason I let him get away with it but don't want to let Keith get away with it ......

And the only reason I will let Josh, Phil's son get away with anything is because I think he is so freakin hot LAWD woman if I was younger I would be a droolin mass on the floor over Josh
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

What is funny is all my Rocker friends figured I would have gone for Jonathon...Cause he has the Old time Rocker look, but Andy is a cutey with his cowboy hat on deck
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

OMGOMGOMG look what can happen if one has the right digs xD thank you for opening this one Sky. i didn't dare to write anything else about it in the other thread xD

so, don't really like Keith either. I don't know why.. it's just this feeling...

my favourite is the Northwestern and the Hansen brothers! then Cornelia Marie and then Time Bandit. TB and CM are even i guess, NW is my alltime favourite

i'm so happy about this tread. didn't expect anyone else here liking the show *.* *huggles thread*

Comment

LOL there are many I think on the Forum that like the show
          but I think we scared them with our *letching* LOLOL

It is your fault Fainne...its all your sig pics

Comment

yeah, you started it

DC is my Tuesday Crack, i love the show

it should not be so fun watching grown men catch crabs (ahem)

it's a real reality show

the Lisa Marie would have been interesting to follow since it was such a small boat, but nothing really happened there.

I loved the After the Catch (boo on discovery for not allowing Mike Rowe to host it anymore) where they were talking about fame and how it's been good or bad. Like Sig getting recognized at the grocery store, or Andy getting his camera back that he'd lost at the air port because the people that found it looked at the photos, recognized who it was and told TSA who to give it to

I chuckle at Catch Con....how humbling this must be for actors to have ship captains be sought after con guests. kinda funny.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
              LOL there are many I think on the Forum that like the show
              but I think we scared them with our *letching* LOLOL

It is your fault Fainne...its all your sig pics
              yeah, shame on me

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              yeah, you started it

DC is my Tuesday Crack, i love the show

it should not be so fun watching grown men catch crabs (ahem)

it's a real reality show

the Lisa Marie would have been interesting to follow since it was such a small boat, but nothing really happened there.

I loved the After the Catch (boo on discovery for not allowing Mike Rowe to host it anymore) where they were talking about fame and how it's been good or bad. Like Sig getting recognized at the grocery store, or Andy getting his camera back that he'd lost at the air port because the people that found it looked at the photos, recognized who it was and told TSA who to give it to

I chuckle at Catch Con....how humbling this must be for actors to have ship captains be sought after con guests. kinda funny.
              hmm, i'm watching it online because i always miss the episodes. they show it when i'm still at uni. I wish i could watch After the Catch too, but Discovery Channel doesn't allow us europeans to watch it on their website

Mike Rowe had to quit? that's sooo not cool. i remember i once read that he had to chose between Deadliest Catch and Dirty Jobs. Because the shows run right after another they didn't want him hosting a show about fisherman risking their lives and after it showing him how he makes jokes about dirty jobs. But he's still "speaking" DC, isn't he?

Lisa Marie was funny, and so was the one boat for the elderly fishermen - or was it the Lisa Marie? i don't remember...

I don't know if i would be able to speak to any of them. i know they are normal people, but still...

Comment

they didn't make him quit, he just used to host after the catch but now it's the Ben guy from cash cab

he's allowed to voice it but not appear on it

sigpic

Comment

Best show

Comment

i look at these guys and how they work and i'm like 'you aren't cold?'

maybe they wear tons of clothing under the rain gear, but when it's 30 below, dude i want longies and a down coat and they're working in just rain gear and whatever they have under it

part of me wold love to experience it for real...the other part knows that i don't have the physical strength to fortitude to live on a bloody boat for months on end to do it

sigpic

Comment

i would absolutely love to try it. I think I could handle king crab season, but opie season would probably be too much for me.
                      but, i'd never get a chance anyway because a) i'm a small guy - 5'5"/130lbs, and b) i have trick knees, so I'd never be able to take all the rough and tumble moving around on deck, slipping, running, etc. I'd dislocate them so much.
                      Which sucks because I think doing something like this would a totally life-altering and spiritually fulfilling experience.

Comment

they didn't make him quit, he just used to host after the catch but now it's the Ben guy from cash cab

he's allowed to voice it but not appear on it
                        ah, right. is this Ben good?

i wonder if they have ATc on the DVDs as well. just wanna watch it finally. My favourite times are these when the captains sit together and talk about their seasons
                        i look at these guys and how they work and i'm like 'you aren't cold?'

maybe they wear tons of clothing under the rain gear, but when it's 30 below, dude i want longies and a down coat and they're working in just rain gear and whatever they have under it

part of me wold love to experience it for real...the other part knows that i don't have the physical strength to fortitude to live on a bloody boat for months on end to do it
                        me too. I freeze very easily, and though i like cool weath i wouldn't want to work on a crabboat up there.

I think they switch this feeling off somehow. just focus on work. They don't even notice when they're close to hypothermia. That's the dangerious thing.
                        Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                        i would absolutely love to try it. I think I could handle king crab season, but opie season would probably be too much for me.
                        but, i'd never get a chance anyway because a) i'm a small guy - 5'5"/130lbs, and b) i have trick knees, so I'd never be able to take all the rough and tumble moving around on deck, slipping, running, etc. I'd dislocate them so much.
                        Which sucks because I think doing something like this would a totally life-altering and spiritually fulfilling experience.
                        i wouldn't want to try it - only job for me on a bout would be a cook, but no real crabbing. they make it look easy but it's defenitly not. and i doubt they would let a woman crabbing either xD there are girls on some boats, like Ragnhild Moncrief, Donna Quashnick and one captain has his daughter on the boat. but i forgot who.

i wouldn't say your size is a problem. I mean Sig is about 5'6" and Norman seems to be a little smaller than Sig. and you can always put on weight both Jakes seem to be very skinny too so it shouldn't be a real problem.
                        But your knees might really be. would be hard to get sea legs with them

i agree that this experience would change you completely. you learn a lot about yourself doing a job like that. that's something i would like to experience myself, but i think i gotta find another way for this

Comment

i know the most i could ever do is sort crab. i simply wouldn't have the physical strength to maneuver the pot

since cod seem to always be in season, i keep waiting for some entrepreneur to come up wtih 'come work on a cod boat' as a touristy thing. do it in the summer when things are a bit calmer

codding is close to crabbing...but crabs are cuter

sigpic

Comment

crabs are cuter? seriously? xD i don't know. they don't even have a face.

i once did a tour on a crab boat in the northern sea. it was on a class trip with 30 12 year old and not very dangerous. we caught a lot seastars. *lol* it was fun though many of us were seasick. i wasn't wat it was calm weather - i don't want to imagine how it would be on a typical Bering Sea day

Comment

have you seen a cod????

them's ugly fish

Edgar cracks me up. that dude will eat anything.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X