The Superman Movie Series News/Trailers & General Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superman Fast-Track on Track

IESB have some tidbits about Superman that they gathered from WB execs during Comic-Con.

As everyone knows by now, Bryan Singer is no longer involved in the Superman franchise. Hence, the billion dollar question is...who is?

First are the Wachowski Brothers, yep, Andy and Larry. The other name I am hearing is James McTeigue...

Here's where things get fuzzy, because I am also hearing the Wachowski's may come in to produce with James McTeigue as the actual director.

Part of me wonders why WB would allow the Wachowski's anywhere near Superman after the amount of money they cost the studio after the disaster that was Speed Racer. But, then again, they did make WB plenty of dough on the Matrix trilogy plus Jeff Robinov loves these guys.

To me, it makes more sense to have Andy and Larry Wachowski serve as producers with James McTeigue to direct after the awesomeness that is his film Ninja Assassin because the one absolute mandate WB and DC have for the new Superman film is for it to be action packed, something Superman Returns was sorely lacking. And there is no doubt that the Wachowski's and McTeigue can be relied on for action.
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/superm...s/news/?a=8921

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Personally, I don't think Superman needs to be reimagined. I would be fine with just another sequel.
      they could do what they did with the incredible hulk and reimagine it without disregarding the former movie. i agree with dave when he says superman is about being bright, he is a man full of hope and that should reflect in the movie's made for him. unlike batman who is a man of despair.
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

I just think that Superman Returns gets more of a bum rap than it deserves. That is all. Don't get me wrong though, I do want an action-packed Superman movie. But a strong story is extremely important as well.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

James McTeigue Wont Confirm Or Deny "Superman" Reboot

But he is hesitant about it when questioned! In an interview with slashfilm, the "V For Vendetta" director shoots down a couple of other rumored movies he's attached to, but not Supes!

continues:
          http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...e/news/?a=9047

Comment

Superman: Warner Bros. and DC Comics lose rights to character's early depictions

A California judge issued a ruling on Wednesday awarding rights to various aspects of the Superman mythology to the family of the character’s co-creator, Jerry Siegel, reports Variety. Because Siegel conceived and published key elements of the character before DC Comics bought the franchise, the Siegel family has sued Warner Bros. and DC for copyright infringement. After today’s ruling, the family now control the rights to Superman’s origins, the planet Krypton, his parents, Superman as an infant, and his fiery crash into Earth. A previous court order last year awarded the family copywright ownership of Lois Lane, The Daily Planet, and alter-ego Clark Kent. Now the studio is left to sort out how much it owes the Siegels for profits they’ve collected from the character since 1999. And since full ownership of the Man of Steel reverts to the Siegels in 2013, the studio will be forced to go into production on any further Superman or Justice League movies before 2011.

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/08/13...-loose-rights/

Comment

Do you guys see this news as good or bad? How do you think this will all play out?
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                Do you guys see this news as good or bad? How do you think this will all play out?
                its bad...very bad....and i dont think we will have a new supes movie for a very long time.also how will this effect smallville?since its produced by warners and DC as well?

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                  its bad...very bad....and i dont think we will have a new supes movie for a very long time.also how will this effect smallville?since its produced by warners and DC as well?
                  I think it will be off the air by then. They have until 2013, right?
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Rumoured Superman Director Would Reboot The Franchise!

The director would "neither confirm nor deny" his attachment to a new "Superman" movie when speaking to MTV's Splash Page today...but he did tell where he'd like to go with DC's Man of Steel IF he was in the director's chair.

"I think if I was ever going to go near Superman, I would do a complete reboot—take it in a direction that you would absolutely not expect, actually," McTeigue told MTV News. "So, that would be my thinking on it, if I was ever going to go near Superman."

continues:
                    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...4/news/?a=9418

Comment

Superman Development Slower Than a Speeding Bullet

There's much afoot at DC/Warner Bros. since the recent restructuring of the company which resulted in the creation of DC Entertainment, but one area which does not seem to have much going on is the Superman feature-film front. And confirming that suspicion recently was DC's new major domo, Diane Nelson.

"We actually don't have any current plans for Superman," Nelson told MTV on Friday when they asked her if the new corporate environment -- and the recent legal decisions regarding the character -- made a Man of Steel movie more likely to happen anytime soon.

"We've obviously done a lot of great things behind the property in our history, and it's a key part of the family, but we don't have current plans behind Superman," she added

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/102/1024784p1.html

Comment

Well, that sucks pretty bad.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

J.J. Abrams Talks Superman Franchise

Another movie franchise Abrams would like to return is Superman.

"No one has talked to me about it," Abrams told MTV News about the Superman movie franchise, for which he wrote a script several years ago. "Obviously I'm sure Warner Brothers has a plan for what they want to do."

"Writing that script was a long process," he explained. "It was a very passionate character for me. As a kid growing up it meant a lot to me. It would be wonderful and fun to see that brought back. I don't know what Warners is thinking or what their plan is. It would be a blast."

On a version of his script being used for the franchise, it seems Abrams would welcome the idea.

"That version of the movie-the one that was reviewed and vilified-was actually not the latest draft we had at the time and we worked on it well after that. I do think there's a version of that movie that could be really fun to see," said Abrams. "You never really know. Everything happens for a reason."

http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/10/...ranchise.shtml

Comment

Mark Millar Back on Superman?

We have heard of Millar's attachment to a live-action Superman movie before, but we thought that thing had gone sour. So, what's Millar talking about now...?

Here are Millar's statements from Mania:

Superman Red Son, that is. They just gave me a brand new hardback of the issues collected a few years back with lotsa extras, includign the secret Alex Ross stuff nobody's seen.

But this looks AMAZING! I didn't even know it was out. Have I got some kind of advance copy? Dc pretty good like that.

PS WB been talking to me about Superman again too, btw. Heh heh heh. More later...

There's a lot of good stuff in this hardcover. It not only looks beautiful (DC has great designers), but there's stuff you don't know about like the Alex Ross costume designs and so on. Some stuff even I hadn't seen myself. It's worth checking out and should give you a littl taste of what I have planned for a very secret and special project...
                            http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=11325

Comment

I really wish something would go on soon concerning a new Superman movie. Otherwise, I feel we may have a very, very long wait before we ever get another one.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Millar's Superman would be cool to see, but the idea of Abrams writing a Superman movie would be even better. Double if he directed it
                                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Working...
                                X