The Flash (DC Comics) Movie - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screenwriters Slotted for Flash Movie and Green Lantern 2

I get the feeling that DC Entertainment’s movie production model’s going to resemble Marvel’s more and more as the years roll on. Case in point: DCE’s commissioned GREEN LANTERN movie screenwriters Greg Berlanti, Michael Green and Marc Guggenheim to work out treatments for a GL sequel as well as a FLASH feature (according to the Hollywood Reporter.) The trio would then write the screenplay for the title DCE selected based on those treatments. Just as the GREEN LANTERN movie's drawing from Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns’ run on GL, so too will this FLASH movie be drawing from his current take on the Scarlet Speedster - - I.E. it’ll be about Barry Allen, not Wally West or Bart Allen.

continues:
    http://www.comicvine.com/news/screen...tern-2/141366/

Comment

Geoff Johns Confirms Plans For The Flash Movie Adaptation!

At the DC Nation Comic Con Panel, the comic book writer briefly confirmed that work is moving ahead on a Flash movie and once again dropped hints that we'll see Batgirl outside of the comic books.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=20491

Comment

Would love to see a Batgirl movie. Get that crappy performance by Al... wait a minute, that's bad. It would screw up the Batman Begins continuity unless they get Gordon's wife (who I bet would look great in a rubber/latex suit) to do the role.

As for Flash, I want Michael Rosenbaum to do it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          As for Flash, I want Michael Rosenbaum to do it.
          Oh MY GOD YESSSSS! Rosenbaum for Flash!

Comment

Berlanti compares 'Flash' to 'Se7en', 'Lambs'

The Flash screenwriter Greg Berlanti has compared his proposed superhero movie to serial killer dramas Se7en and The Silence Of The Lambs. Berlanti, who is reuniting with Green Lantern duo Michael Green and Marc Guggenheim on the Warner Bros project, told SuperheroHype that fans can expect the DC Comics hero Barry Allen to feature in a dark storyline.

"It's actually a little bit darker than when we were working on [for Green Lantern], because you're dealing with somebody who is already a crimefighter in a world of those kinds of criminals and that kind of murder and homicide," Berlanti said. "I find you talk a lot about different films when you're working on a film, and we spend a lot more time talking about Se7en or The Silence Of The Lambs as we construct that part of Barry's world, than I thought when we got into it. It helps balance a guy in a red suit who runs really fast."

Berlanti noted that his Flash would also lean heavily on the comic's sci-fi elements and feature alternate dimensions. "The sci-fi thing, we obviously want to nail that and honour that and do that in a way that feels visceral and real and cool and probably more in the tone of The Matrix films or things like that," he said.

On the prospect of directing the film himself, Berlanti added: "When we have the script together, I'll probably sit down with Warner Bros and want to decide what's best for that movie."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...7en-lambs.html

Comment

Strong Pilot episode. While I expect ratings to drop some, hopefully this is a good indication the show will do fairly well.

TV Ratings: 'The Flash' Premiere Gives CW a 5-Year Best

Don't expect the wave of comic book-inspired TV series to slow down any time soon — at least at the CW. Two years after the successful launch of Arrow, the network premiered spinoff The Flash on Tuesday night. It marked the CW's highest-rated opener since The Vampire Diaries in 2009.

Initial live-plus-same day ratings give The Flash 4.54 million viewers and a 1.8 rating with adults 18-49. Both mark premiere highs since The Vampire Diaries' September 2009 bow. It's even more impressive when looking at the fact that The Flash opened the night, leading into the tenth season of Supernatural (steady and strong for the CW with a 1.2 in the demo). For the 8 p.m. hour, the CW easily outrated ABC's freshman comedies and Fox's animation encores among adults 18-49.
              -source
              sigpic

Comment

The CW has given full season orders to its two hit freshman series, THE FLASH and JANE THE VIRGIN, it was announced today by Mark Pedowitz, President, The CW.

THE FLASH debuted as the most-watched series premiere ever on The CW, scoring 6.1 million viewers in Live + 3 Day Nielsen ratings, and was the network's highest-rated series premiere among adults 18-49 in more than five years, since THE Vampire Diaries debuted in 2009.
                http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...the-cw/317861/
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Great news!

Comment

I might be wrong, but was the actor who played Barry's father the same actor who played 'The Flash' back in the 90's?
                    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                    To thy own self... Be true
                    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

If they are going to make a Flash film, why not keep the actor from the show?

Comment

I don't really think of the Flash as a manly guy though. He's a speedster. Shouldn't he be a little lanky?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          If they are going to make a Flash film, why not keep the actor from the show?
                          As much as i like Grant Guntston's portrayal of Barry Allen, i would prefer to keep ARROWverse and the Cinematic verse separate, infact i would rather have a different Flash maybe, Wally West.... Jay Garrick? just to make it different
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                            I might be wrong, but was the actor who played Barry's father the same actor who played 'The Flash' back in the 90's?
                            You are correct! The Flash 1990-1991 That's a pretty cool connection!
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X