Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Flash (DC Comics) Movie - News/Discussion/Speculation

Updates on DC Comics Movie Adaptations

This past fall, Warners quietly hired three of DC's biggest writers -- Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison and Marv Wolfman -- to act as consultants and writers for its superhero line of movies. The move involved taking back the reins on projects being handled by such producers as Charles Roven and Akiva Goldsman.

The moves have begun to pay off. Johns worked up a new treatment for a "Flash" script, being written by Dan Mazeau; Johns will act in a producer capacity on the project, which has not attached a director.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=8521#

Sweet! I look forward to this.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

DC Comics Movie Adapations UPDATE

Flash: A Flash movie has been in development for over 10 years now and has had varied directors and writers but at the moment David Dobken is directing and Geoff Johns is penning the script. Likely going to be released in 2011 along with Green Lantern if it picks up speed. Ryan Reynolds was a fan favourite to portray Wally West but now can't due to playing Hal Jordan.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...n/news/?a=8675

Comment

im sure reynolds could do both lantern and flash lol.i wonder who might be in the running now for the role?

Comment

This movie could be so awesome.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Flash and Wonder Woman Movies Off the Table

Warner Bros. Pictures Group president Jeff Robinov has renewed his contract and his "first priority" is the "restructuring" of DC Comics. Nikki Finke is reporting that this is not directly related to the Disney/Marvel merger. She reports that an "insider" confided in her:

"It was Jeff's idea to have DC Comics reporting to him, and DC will be his direct responsibility with Diane Nelson."

Finke also reports that Robinov has been quietly "calling back" high-profile projects like The Flash and Wonder Woman from outside producers in an effort to "severely limit the number of gross participants on the projects." According to Finke's source:

"Jeff always wanted some kind of oversight of DC, and now he wants Warners to hold onto ownership."

While this means a delay in the short term, in the long run it could mean a more cohesive "shared universe" amongst the various DC Comics adaptations, along the lines of what Marvel Studios plans to do with its properties leading up to The Avengers.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...r/news/?a=9924

Comment

Looks like We Will See Wonder Woman And The Flash Sooner Then We Thought!

"DC Entertainment President Diane Nelson recently told Comic Book Resources about her desire to prioritize several DC properties including "Superman," "Wonder Woman," "Justice League" and more."

Interesting Wonder Woman was mentioned in there. Here is a bit of news I found out regarding The Flash:

"THE FLASH: Currently experiencing a comic book resurgence thanks to the Geoff Johns-penned "Flash: Rebirth" miniseries, the Fastest Man Alive is yet another superhero deserving of a major motion picture.

As Johns himself is producing and assisting on the film's script, and with Flash's ally Hal Jordan taking flight in 2011's "Green Lantern," the odds of seeing Wally West (or Barry Allen, depending on which version we get) on the big screen in the near future are fairly high."

Unlike recently reported it doesnt look like Wonder Woman or The Flash have any plans at all of being shelved. The WB is taking their time in developing these properties.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...S/news/?a=9953

Comment

Flash Movie Hobbled Yet Again?

News report that Charles Roven, producer of The Dark Knight, and his attachment to the as-of-now undeveloped movie, Flash, is on the ropes.

Producer Charles Roven said:

"I was involved at one point with The Flash. And Warner Bros. came to me and said, 'The work that you've been doing hasn't yet resulted in something that any of us, including the filmmaking team, feel could be greenlit as a movie. We're trying to accomplish something that takes into account the entire, rich DC character world, and we'd like to pull it back. That doesn't mean that you aren't going to be a part of it. We just want to take a different kind of approach. Do you mind if we try that?' If we had something that was really working…

"Like, for example, they had something that was more or less working for them on Green Lantern, and now you have Martin Campbell directing it…But we didn't. The David Goyer screenplay, that didn't work. Goyer left the project. We then embarked with David Dobkin, trying to come up with another approach. We hadn't even hired a writer at that point. So for us, we completely understood. I've been making movies with Warner Bros. for 15 years, so that was fine, but I hope one day there's a way for me to get re-involved in the project. "
                http://www.comicbookmovie.com/the_flash/news/?a=10694

Comment

Mazeau: 'Flash still moving forward'

Screenwriter Dan Mazeau has refuted reports that comic book adaptation Flash has been put on hold.

It was previously reported that the production was in jeopardy due to the restructuring of DC Entertainment. These rumours intensified when the project's previous scribe Charles Roven told IGN that internal changes within the company had forced the movie to a halt.

However, Mazeau - who replaced Roven on the venture - dismissed such speculation, insisting that the film is still under way.

"Everything is moving forward as planned," he explained. "I'm still writing the script. Geoff Johns is still consulting. Flash fans have no cause for concern, and - in my opinion - lots to be excited about."

Created by writer Gardner Fox and artist Harry Lampert in 1940, Flash tells the story of a man who acquires super speed after being struck by a bolt of lightning. The film adaptation is expected to arrive in theatres in 2011.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/comics/n...g-forward.html

Comment

Green Lantern writer to direct Flash movie?

Last we heard about a proposed movie based on DC Comics' Flash, writer David Goyer said it was "shrouded in mystery." Well, the mystery has lifted a bit, if we are to believe our athletically inclined pals at IESB.net: They're reporting that Greg Berlanti, co-writer of the upcoming Green Lantern and director of Life as We Know It, is in line to direct:

The name should ring a bell or two, Berlanti wrote "Green Lantern" with one my favorites Marc Guggenheim and was once attached to direct the film before WB settled on Martin Campbell.
                    It's unclear whether Flash will be based on Goyer's initial idea or will be written by someone else. And, of course, way to early to know who will put on the red suit, though Ryan Reynolds was once Goyer's choice (he's not involved and will instead play Hal Jordan in Green Lantern).

http://scifiwire.com/2010/02/green-l...riter-to-d.php

Comment

Let Michael Rosenbaum grow his hair, die it orange and I think he'd make a great Wally.

I'm a bit surprised that Goyer is involved with this one too. I seriously think that with this (if he has to do more work), Batman and Superman, the guy will be stretched out. That said, I do see his involvement turning into an excuse for a Justice League movie.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                        Let Michael Rosenbaum grow his hair, die it orange and I think he'd make a great Wally.
                        I agree completely! He did great as the voice of Flash in the Justice League animated series!

Comment

WB Confirms More 3D Superhero Movies

More importantly, Steve Weintraub at Collider.com revealed that a plethora of DC Comics properties will replace the void left after the last Harry Potter movie hits theaters. That's right, Warner Bros. is planning on using superhero movies as their tentpole films.

Weintraub says that 2012 will not only bring us the much anticipated sequel to The Dark Knight, but the first Flash feature film as well; with a possible Wonder Woman movie soon to follow. Rumored Flash director Greg Berlanti was in attendance at ShowWest, but refused to comment on this latest news.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=16032

Comment

About time we heard more about Flash, even if it's in a 3D comment. Now they just need to get off their asses and do something.

Speaking of which, I'd want Mark Hamill to do a cameo, as he did Trickster in the live action TV series and Justice League.

sigpic

Comment

Geoff Johns Talks Flash, Wonder Woman and Justice League Movies

While making an appearance at the 2010 Wonder Con, fan favorite comic author (and new DC executive) Geoff Johns had to delicately answer a few questions regarding the status of superhero movies promised by Warner Bros. head Alan Horn.

Johns explained to the crowd that his new role as CCO of DC Comics makes him “in charge of the creative consistency of the DC Universe”. He also fortified the promise made by Warner Bros. head Alan Horn, by saying we're “going to see a lot more DC Movies.”

<snip>

Regarding the development of the Flash film, Johns responded “We’re developing it right now — 'The Flash' movie. Can’t say anything about it right now, I’m sorry.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=16594

Comment

Working...
                              X