This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Stargate Clip Show

I recently have been watching a lot of Stargate and relized there are 4 SG1 clip shows and 2 from SGA. I Decided of all of them I prefer Inauguration. William Devane's response as the president is a riot.
    the other shows are :
    SG1 -
    Politics
    Out of Mind
    Disclosure
    Inauguration
    Citizen Joe

SGA-
    Letters from Pegasus
    Inquisition

what do you like best and why?
    SG-1 Politics
    3.45%
    SG-1 Out of Mind
    3.45%
    SG-1 Disclosure
    18.97%
    SG-1 Inauguration
    8.62%
    SG-1 CitizenJoe
    36.21%
    SGA Letters from Pegasus
    27.59%
    SGA Inquisition
    1.72%
    Last edited by Rac80; 19 July 2009, 04:07 PM.

Letters From Pegasus, as it was an actual episode (and a good one, a rarity for SGA) as well as a clipshow.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Like out of mind was for SG1 digi?

Ooops I forgot Citizen Joe-- that was a fun clipshow.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
        Like out of mind was for SG1 digi?

Ooops I forgot Citizen Joe-- that was a fun clipshow.
        That has to be the worst of all the clip shows. I think my favorite is Disclosure.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Citizen Joe felt a lot less like a clip show than any of the others.

Out of mind wasn't bad, but it was the second season finale...you don't finish a season with a feckin' clip show!
          I don't mean to sound like a nerdy fan who talks about science-fiction like it is real, but the problem with 'clever' storylines is that they make the audience start to think, and if you put in bad science, they are more likely to notice it. It breaks the suspension of disbelief

Comment

Citizen Joe! It was a creative way to go about it. Besides, I loved the "Burns as Goa'uld" bit.
            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Disclosure is definitely the best. Its Really the first time we get to see any other world powers besides the Russians and their reaction to the program. Plus when Thor puts Kinsey in his place "Supreme Commander" makes it all the better!

Citizen Joe was good just to remember all the things that have happened to SG-1
              O'Neill- "Whose your daddy!!"
              Sheppard- "Its the right thing to do Why? because it is!"
              Sam-"You blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water...Next up parting the red sea"
              Mckay-"Oh yes when its impossible you look to me"

Comment

I liked disclosure. It's story had the greatest potential implications for the Stargate universe. Hmm, the new show is going to make me confused at some point.
                Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

Interesting poll, I usually find myself skipping over clips shows during my rewatchs of other shows, but Stargate did a pretty good job at doing them right.

I love Citizen Joe. Dan Castellaneta was fantastic as the outside viewer (aka fan) to the show's events. Very creative.

For SGA, I've only seen Letters of Pegasus and I thought that it was more an episode (a good one) than an actual clip show.

Here's how I'd rank them:
                  Citizen Joe
                  Letters From Pegasus
                  Inauguration (William Devane is a fantastic actor)
                  Out of Mind (cool plot, but too bad the season finale was a freakin' clip show)
                  Politics
                  Disclosure
                  sigpic
                  "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                  DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Letters from Pegasus, a good episode.

For SG-1, I'd have to say Citizen Joe.

Like most people, I'm not a huge fan of clip shows. I've never become the fan of a sci-fi show because of a clip show. I actually do think it's kind of nice to see some of the highlights of the last season or two over again, but it only works for me if they have a decent story around it.
                    "Yo, Adrian!" -Rocky in Rocky
                    "That'll be the Day" -John Wayne in The Searchers

Comment

i personally don't like clip shows, but i understand why they do them to save money and show the good stuff during sweeps
                      sigpic
                      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

letters from pegasus

i liek the clip shows and understnd why the ptb use them. and they always find interesting ways of making those clip shows become clip shows

Comment

Citizen Joe! A million times Citizen Joe!!

(That's just out of SG-1 as I haven't seen any of the SGA ones, but I'm pretty sure Citizen Joe would still stand.)

Why? Because it's hilarious, clever, original and I'm from Indiana!!!!

Comment

I liked Inauguration for a number of reasons:

1) We finally got to see a Stargate US President! (And a damn good one, too, IMO. A serious character but has good not-too-serious moments...a nice reflection of the series, really.)

2) The clips serve the same purpose here as in Politics, an attempt to "clean house" at the SGC in Kinsey's favor. (Whereas you had random clips in Out of Mind, Citizen Joe, and Letters from Pegasus)

3) Only about half the show (give or take) was clips. The other half or so was Woolsey being suspicious of Kinsey and trying to dig for information and present it to the President.

4) We got to see a lot of Woolsey's character development just in this one episode.

5) It signaled the start of the "changing of the guard", so to speak. For 7 years General Hammond and the previous president had been in charge, and now with President Hayes in office Hammond is one of the first on the chopping block (thanks to that no-good, slimy Kinsey).

6) It saved money for more Lost City effects!

If I had to rank each one, though:

1) Inauguration
                            2) Letters from Pegasus (the suspense of the Wraith coming to possibly destroy Atlantis is only enhanced with these "good-bye" letters being taped. So much worry about what's about to happen, you can sense the dread of having the hive ships bearing down on their defenseless position [with Rodney overdoing it in his first few runthroughs, of course. ].)
                            3) Politics (I actually liked the Season 1 missions a lot, so I usually don't mind watching this as a separate episode when I'm not going through the series season-by-season)
                            4) Citizen Joe (At least there was a story behind it)
                            5) Inquisition (come on! This is the 3rd time at least this concept of "put the SG teams on trial" has been used...and twice was Woolsey involved.)
                            6) Out of Mind (seriously? Did the writers not have anything better to do for the season finale? At least the Season 3 premiere made up for it, but as a clip show it's one of the worst since it had only been 1 season since the last one)

Comment

I believe that I like Politics as the best. It showed Kinsey as what is to come from. Next, it would be Inauguration.

Comment

Working...
                              X