Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite scifi show, the one and only...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farscape. Nothing else has combined kookiness, excessive vomit, science fiction tropes being squashed and tipped and turned, real emotion (IE: insanity), character development, Indy Ploys, some of the best damn in media res writing I've ever seen, romance, comedy, Australian charm and BSDM outfits quite like it. Nothing ever will, either. I love Farscape.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

For me it's BSG (RDM). Caprica has some serious potential too. Haven't seen Farscape yet, but I've heard nothing but great things about it - it's high on my to-watch list
      Mia: Don't you hate that?
      Vincent: Hate what?
      Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
      Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
      Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
      - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
        For me it's BSG (RDM). Caprica has some serious potential too. Haven't seen Farscape yet, but I've heard nothing but great things about it - it's high on my to-watch list
        How could I forget Caprica, it's a great show, love the way it looks. Concerning Farscape, it's the most "colourful" series I can remember, but the description of MattSilver 3k is quite fitting.
        sigpic

Comment

Smart lad. Get to watching it. Pip pip cheerio!

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
          Concerning Farscape, it's the most "colourful" series I can remember, but the description of MattSilver 3k is quite fitting.
          Lol, and if I had forgotten to mention the excessive vomiting, my description would've been so listless! ^_^
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Babylon 5. Yep, it has to be Babylon 5.
            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Firefly is the only Sci-Fi episode I've seen in which every episode is amazingly good, not a single bad one. Granted its not even a full season long but can't take away from the great episodes.

With that said its close at the top between Firefly, SG-1 and Farscape. One day I might lean towards one over the other but I always switch between the three.
              sigpic

Comment

Choosing my overall favorite sci-fi show is a impossible task for me, as I love the genre and there is much I have yet to see. As well as my opinion can change over time. I would say SG1 if it was about 1 to 2 years ago. But I think Doctor Who is my favorite sci-fi show of all time, that can change(Smallville? Maybe?). But I have loved it ever since I watched the first four RTD series back in January of 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                  sure, LOST can be considered SciFi. Well, at least it has some elements in it. So LOST and ANGEL could be counted in as my most favourite shows of all time, close to that are all three Stargate Shows but I guess SG:U beats all other Stargate shows at the moment
                  Oh good!!! LOST it is
                  When I think about other shows that I didn't consider, because, like LOST, it seem outside the box, DEAD LIKE ME has to be up there as a TOP show.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by raduzhok View Post
                    Oh good!!! LOST it is
                    When I think about other shows that I didn't consider, because, like LOST, it seem outside the box, DEAD LIKE ME has to be up there as a TOP show.
                    Dead Like Me was great!

Comment

I have a small list of favorites. My absolute #1 favorite is in bold.

Firefly
                      Star Trek
                      Star Trek: The Next Generation
                      Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
                      Star Trek: Voyager
                      Star Trek: Enterprise
                      Stargate SG-1
                      Stargate: Atlantis
                      Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Stargate: Universe is an unkown, I've only seen three episodes. It might be a favorite, I may not finish out the first season, I'll get back to ya'll on that.

Comment

Firefly isn't just one of the best sci fi shows I've ever seen, it's one of the best shows I've ever seen period. Seriously one of the best (half)seasons of television ever. Such a crying shame it got cut short, ah what could have been. Anyways, yeah, my vote goes to Firefly, but like many have said it was a tough choice since there is so many amazing sci fi shows out there.

EDIT: Oh, honourable mention to Futurama. sci fi/comedy/animation greatness.
                        Last edited by Captain Yesterday; 23 September 2010, 11:32 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

The new BSG.
                          "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                            Babylon 5. Yep, it has to be Babylon 5.
                            Yepper, same here. B5 all the way. Though I do like Deep Space 9 quite a bit, it's not quite where B5 is for me. Everything else is very far below those two in terms of personal preferences for sci-fi.
                            sigpic

Comment

I just a favourite by how many times I can watch it and not be put off by the fact it's the first or second season. As much as I may like a show, the more I watch it because I enjoy it, the more I find the earlier stuff to be a put off, especially with long lasting shows as is the early stuff that seems to be repeated most.

So with that in mind, I would probably say Babylon 5. I can sit through any episode of that show and enjoy it regardless of season.

sigpic

Comment

If I had to pick just one, then it'd be Farscape.

A few years ago, I might have said Firefly + Serenity, but Farscape really just 'grabbed' me...and seems to get better with each re-watch.
                                Of course, I wouldn't be on these boards if I didn't 'share' that love w/ the Stargate franchise (while I 'love' SG-1 and SGA, I can only, with certainty, say that I 'like' SGU )
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X