Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are and were your 3 favorite season 1 - 5 characters and why ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who are and were your 3 favorite season 1 - 5 characters and why ?

Now that the series has finished up, who are and were your 3 favorite season 1 - 5 Stargate : Atlantis series characters (anyone mentioned has to have appeared in at least 7 episodes) and please separately say why (in at least 2 sentences each), for each fave character named.

Carson Beckett - The most lovable and sweet character ever! He was probably the best SG doctor (sorry Janet...) and the accent is supremely awesome.
    Spoiler:
    When he died, it was doing what he loved, and it was to save other people.
    So... yeah! He's very awesome, and very sweet.

Rodney McKay - Completely arrogant, but he has redeeming qualities. Hahha. He's just made of awesome. How he's so arrogant but brainy and he actually cares for his team. And how he and Zelenka interact. Hahhha.

Aaaand...Chuck - I don't really know why, but I love him! Hahhha. He's like SGA's Walter...always doing his job, never complaining, it's just so cool.

Comment

Elizabeth Weir: Plain and simply, she was awesome. She's died and lived again so many times over for Atlantis, she deserves a bloody monument erected in her honour. She's given up her love and her life for Atlantis. She deserved a far better farewell from Atlantis than what she got.

Evan Lorne: He's funny. He's also an artist.

Rodney McKay: The ever inane doctor is, as described, hilarious. His quirks make him an awesome character.
      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Lorne - Whats not to love?! He's a great character, easy to get along with, smart and made the show a little more interesting. He felt more like a main cast member than a recurring character to me.

Rodney - Again, whats not to love? Hes extremely smart but doesnt realize that his arrogant attitude puts a barrier between him and other people. He does have trouble making friends, but the ones he does make love him for him, his sarcasm is also unmatched, in my opinon.

Zelenka - Smart and more humble than Rodney, but also out to prove himself. Hes kinda clumsy around the lab, but it just adds to the fun. Hes always at odd's with Rodney, and hes super funny when hes pissed and speaking... Czech?

and while this one falls out of your parameters... id like to add it all the same.

FRAN - I dont know what it is about her, but her character was so amazing. Maybe its becuase she had an innocence about her, or maybe it was her happiness to fulfill her "destiny" but she was engaging to me. I would have enjoyed her development more.

Comment

Sheppard
          McKay
          Todd
          "Yo, Adrian!" -Rocky in Rocky
          "That'll be the Day" -John Wayne in The Searchers

Comment

First choice forever will be Sheppard. He's smart, resourceful, and optimistic and thinks outside of the box. He's morbidly loyal to his team and his friends and he can goad McKay into focusing on the problem with snarky goodness. He's grown from being the brash Sheppard of season 1 to being able to trust the command structure in season 5. He can fly anything. And, because he's not perfect.

Second choice is Ronon. He may be menacing, but on the inside, he has a heart of gold. He's more in tune to the human condition than Sheppard and McKay. But like Sheppard, he's also not perfect. He's loyal to Sheppard but he's a capable commander as well. He's a brother to Teyla, supporting her during her pregnancy and befriending Kanaan. He teases McKay but protects him with his life. He has an awesome gun.

For my 3rd choice, there are many others but today, I'm picking Carson. He's the character that has grown the most, from the timid doc who can't control a drone and is uncomfortable going offworld to the one who conducts Doctors Without Borders missions in Pegasus, and flies Atlantis back to Earth, firing and targeting drones at the super hiveship. Even with all the trauma of helping Michael's evil plan and reconciliation of being a clone, he's still Carson on the inside. He's been hardened by his experiences but instead of imploding, he's atoning for all the accidental hells he's unleashed with his retrovirus research. He loves turtles.

I love the team the most. Then there's Todd, McKay, Teyla, Lorne, Zelenka, Kolya...
            sigpic

Comment

Always Sheppard as first choice, the centre of it all and the series wouldn't have worked without Joe Flanigan's portrayal and the way he developed.
              Next, Todd - love the relationship between him and Sheppard and wanted to see more.
              Finally, a tough choice between Rodney and Ronon but it has to be Rodney because some of the best moments are McShep.
              sigpic

Comment

why do ppl keep making these threads?

Comment

1 ) Rodney. He has issues but he's fought so hard to overcome them, he's grown so much since the first time we met him ( on SG-1 ), he's not perfect and that makes him a character I can identify with ( especially since I share some of his imperfections ), he truly cares about other people even though on the surface he may seem rude and selfish, I find intelligence attractive, the snark is fun, he's very honest with his feelings, and I think David is very good at expressing it all.

2 ) Carson. He's so sweet and cares so much about other people, he puts up with Rodney and is probably his best friend, which takes a lot of patience and understanding to see beyond the surface, he's totally selfless, he has a lovely accent.

3 ) Can't make up my mind between Zelenka and Shep...

Zelenka: Intelligent, cute, love his accent and how he lapses into Czech all the time, how he and Rodney finish each other's sentences and each seems to know what the other one is thinking ( in scientific matters ), how he can get so frustrated with Rodney ( "You're a petty, little man!" ) but still respects him, even calls him a friend ( Trinity ).

Shep: Good leader, not afraid to ignore the chain of command and do what he feels is right ( Since I'm not into the military mindset, I think this is a good trait. ), works well with different people, from the taciturn warrior Ronon to the snarky and whiny civilian Rodney, has humour and charm, and is obviously intelligent too, since he passed the Mensa test ( and an AU version of him was in Mensa ).

Comment

McKay:He is funny, arrogant and above all brilliant . McShep all those funny moments.
                    Ronon: the fighter and funny in his own way
                    Carson: the doctor with the funny accent. what's not to like
                    sigpic

Comment

Teyla - She was strong, intelligent, a capable leader (at least in the first season before they forgot to write for her ), calm but could become fierce when needed. At least she was this before she became a mother

Lorne - A goo soldier, funny, artistic, and so very hot

Carson - He is just so lovable, so sweet, so caring. He's everything I would want in a doctor. Janet will always be the best doctor ever to grace stargate but Carson comes a close second
                      sigpic

Comment

Teyla: Strong leader, awesome with those stick things, believes in what she's fighting for, willing to help, good friend. Love her connection to the wraith, which adds a certain danger factor to her, and her voice.
                        Sheppard: Awesome military man, good leader, EXTREMELY hot, won't leave a man behind, will sacrifice himself to help others, witty, fun, great at piloting/using ancient tech. He rules at getting himself in dangerous situations, and then getting him and his team back out.
                        Carson: Good character, cares about others, awesome personality. If I was badly injured, I would want Carson to be the one with my life in his hands. Love his accent, and his fear of the ancient drone chair is funny.
                        Colonel Sheppard: "Think Positive"
                        Dr. McKay: "We can't all be track stars!"
                        Teya Emmagan: "Atlantis is the best hope for all of us"
                        Ronan Dex: "Stay behind me if you want to live"

:sheppard::mckay::ronan::teyla:

SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sheppard: He is AWESOME! He is definitely my favorite character. He is funny, witty, an awesome commander, and very intelligent. He is a great fighter who never gives up on his friends and will die to protect any one of them. He's..... well he's Sheppard.

McKay: He is extremely funny and under his arrogant and petty exterior is a really good friend and caring person. He is also super super smart and I love him in moments of crisis when he drops his attitude and tells the team how he really feels about them. Love the relationship between him and Sheppard.

Ronon:
                          Another awesome character. The coolest warrior and martial artist in the world, I mean in two galaxies. Underneath his ruff exterior is a heart of gold and he also will do anything to protect his friends. And I love how he is always smiling in the faces of his enemies while he tells them he wants to kill them.
                          "If I find out your playing us I'm not going to wait for authorization. There isn't going to be any paperwork. I'm just going to kill you."

Comment

McKay for his sincerity,Zelenka for his good temper and Elizabeth for her diplomatic skills.
                            Spoiler:
                            APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                            (YEAR 0 - 100)
                            "O thou Sun,
                            send me as far over the earth
                            as is my pleasure and thine,
                            and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                            but never hear anything of bad ones,
                            nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Working...