This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
    There's Concept artwork for the new Jumper style ships? I must have missed something.
    Just the interior, I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/bl...bridge_gal.jpg
    Last edited by kirmit; 14 July 2009, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post

Oh ok I have seen this. I thought that an exterior shot of the shuttle have surfaced. However I never knew this image was for the shuttle, I always thought it was part of the Destiny, so this is news to me. Looks like this shuttle will be much bigger than a jumper, maybe even Cargo ship or Al'kesh in size?

Thanks for the pic anyways dude, not seen it in awhile.
      sigpic
      Banner Made By Me for Me
      The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Whoa- cool, i hadn't seen that Pretty nice.

Oh, and I definitely agree with what was said about Friefly...really great steampunk in there (but I also just love everything about that show...so I might be biased)
        sigpic
        Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
          I think it looks great. Very T.A.R.D.I.S.
          The TARDIS had a very different type of feel to it, I don't think steam punk is the right word there, it was more along the lines of "a wonderful, wonderful mess".

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp View Post
          Whoa- cool, i hadn't seen that Pretty nice.

Oh, and I definitely agree with what was said about Friefly...really great steampunk in there (but I also just love everything about that show...so I might be biased)
          Also didn't strike me as very steam punk, more like rusted metal.

I'm not really happy with the new look for ancient tech, it may be millions of years old, but it's still millions years ahead of ours. Still, I haven't passed final judgment yet, depends on how they use it. It's also possible that they went old schoool so the tech would not distract form the characters.

Comment

Any pics?

as for firefly thats not very steampunk, its eclectic and functional

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
              Oh ok I have seen this. I thought that an exterior shot of the shuttle have surfaced. However I never knew this image was for the shuttle, I always thought it was part of the Destiny, so this is news to me. Looks like this shuttle will be much bigger than a jumper, maybe even Cargo ship or Al'kesh in size?

Thanks for the pic anyways dude, not seen it in awhile.
              Yep -- thats the shuttle. But wait until you see the real thing -- it's quite simply the most gorgeous set I've ever seen. The detail is unbelievable.

Author of 'The Legend of the Locust' Sci Fi Series

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Originally posted by lmoroney View Post
                Yep -- thats the shuttle. But wait until you see the real thing -- it's quite simply the most gorgeous set I've ever seen. The detail is unbelievable.

I'm sure you working their has no bias
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  I'm sure you working their has no bias
                  None whatsoever

But seriously -- the guy I was working with to take the pictures is a professional and amazingly talented architectural photographer. We were already wowed by the main sets before we visited the shuttle. My job ended up being picking his chin up off the floor once we got there.

We ended up running way over time because the set is so beautiful that he wanted to get it *just* right.

I hope they shoot this sucker in 1080p, because that's the only way they'll do the brilliant work of the art department any justice!

:L

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Originally posted by frostwolf View Post
                    I like the look of the parts we've seen of the destiny so far. I wonder what the command ceter/bridge will look like though.
                    I know I'm being a big tease here, but that will look more steampunk than anything else you've seen thus far

And as a huge fan of the steampunk look, I'm loving it...

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Damn! I have to wait until SGU comes out or pics are leaked to see the shuttle! Thanks for torturing me even more... Anyone ever seen the episode of South Park where Cartman freezes himself so he doesn't have to wait two weeks for the Wii to come out? 'Cause I'm thinking about doing that to skip the wait (and the evil teases) for SGU.
                      That is all.
                      The Communist Party!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nchewbacca View Post
                        Damn! I have to wait until SGU comes out or pics are leaked to see the shuttle! Thanks for torturing me even more... Anyone ever seen the episode of South Park where Cartman freezes himself so he doesn't have to wait two weeks for the Wii to come out? 'Cause I'm thinking about doing that to skip the wait (and the evil teases) for SGU. :
                        I would advise against that. Cyrogenics is still a SciFi concept.
                        Given that the Destiny is suppose to be millions of years older then Atlantis I am glad it looks like a twisted metal piece of junk.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Id the Milkyway stuff the Ancients left behind was more artist & practical & was done at the height of their civilization (as of the building of Vis Uban & the advent of the PLague, which may or not be Orii-related, considering how similar the two are) & Atlantis & Pegasus Galaxy Ancient tech is their newest/most advanced/elegent tech (for the most part); then it good to see some very, very old Ancient tech that has that more industurial/earthy/practical feel to it then what we've seen so far (the DHD for the gate is very different from the previous two series, as is the gate! ). I personally like the direction this is taking ,cant wait to see what everything else looks like!

Comment

I like what I saw so far. I didn't think it was over done or anything. I wasn't really sure if it was even steampunk, but I trust what lmoroney says since he has visited the sets. I hope it turns out to be cool and not looked forced.

Comment

Originally posted by lmoroney View Post

Any idea when we'll get to explore the shuttle? Or is it all hush hush?

Comment

Any idea when we'll get to explore the shuttle? Or is it all hush hush?
                                Don't have a date for any of the other synths yet. There's still a bit of work needed (green screen removal etc), as well as I want Brad and Robert to review and bless them, and they're on vacation right now

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Working...
                                X