This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGC computers

does anyone know what OS the SGC use on their comuters and does anyone know where i can get the theme?
    SG-1 members
    Atlantis Team members

Originally posted by pjp View Post
    does anyone know what OS the SGC use on their comuters and does anyone know where i can get the theme?
    Macs
    sigpic

Comment

Windows

Comment

I doubt there exists one, it's probably just an animation.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken they used Dell laptops on Atlantis.

That would probably mean windows.

Comment

Originally posted by iMenchi View Post
            If I'm not mistaken they used Dell laptops on Atlantis.

That would probably mean windows.
            Or any number of Linux systems since they are more customizable than Windows.
            Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
            Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

most likely just animation but i suppose in real life they would have a custom OS designed specifically for use with the stargate and for interfacing with alien tecnology. ha would be a funny conversation down at the dell plant though

Employee1: hmm another dam laptop with a .....crystal interface .........
              Employee2:wat the hell is a crystal interface........
              Employee1: i dunno just chuck a usb cable in the box and hope they dont know the difference

Comment

I forget what episode of Atlantis it was... probably Mortal Coil, but the commentary has some little part where one of the commentators goes "Yeah see that Laptop? it's mine, or rather was mine till i got my new one and i donated it to the Props department."

So i'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's probably just an animation, because of the following very logical reasons.

1: iTunes requires the Interwebs to function properly. I would assume Atlantis only has internet access when they dial Earth Directly and even then it's probably a weak signal

2: I have yet to see a windows blue screen of death on Rodney's Laptop.

3: I have crashed a Mac before, it was difficult, but it IS possible

Comment

the computers on the show, while they may be models with function and not just empty cases, what you see on the screens is what the SFX dept puts there. Interfaces, etc, are created by graphic designers

it's possible - but i don't know for sure - that the lappys we see are compensated product placement. I know sam used to use a Dell XPS computer - the biggest and most powerful that they make.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    the computers on the show, while they may be models with function and not just empty cases, what you see on the screens is what the SFX dept puts there. Interfaces, etc, are created by graphic designers

it's possible - but i don't know for sure - that the lappys we see are compensated product placement. I know sam used to use a Dell XPS computer - the biggest and most powerful that they make.
                    and from what i can see, sam used xp on her laptop
                    SG-1 members
                    Atlantis Team members

Comment

we know the the Atlantis computers use windows maybe the SGC uses the same OS
                      NOTE: the keyboard has the windows symbol on it

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...l_214_0270.JPG

Comment

anyone know if there's a theme for xp?
                        SG-1 members
                        Atlantis Team members

Comment

Originally posted by Kratine View Post
                          we know the the Atlantis computers use windows maybe the SGC uses the same OS
                          NOTE: the keyboard has the windows symbol on it

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...l_214_0270.JPG
                          That would be Windows XP Tablet Edition...

I've seen Windows in a few episodes, but the majority of the computers in the SGC have never shown more than a single screen, who knows, the dialing computer may be linux or a completely custom OS just for that us... or Windows with a USB plug for the gate...

I know in some of the earlier seasons Sam was shown using computers with Windows 3.1 on them...

Comment

Originally posted by handegard View Post
                            that would be windows xp tablet edition...

I've seen windows in a few episodes, but the majority of the computers in the sgc have never shown more than a single screen, who knows, the dialing computer may be linux or a completely custom os just for that us... Or windows with a usb plug for the gate...

i know in some of the earlier seasons sam was shown using computers with windows 3.1 on them...
                            which episodes?
                            SG-1 members
                            Atlantis Team members

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

I'm surprised Sam chose to buy a Dell computer as a whole instead of building one from various parts

Comment

Working...
                              X