Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The new USS Ship in Stargate Universe

While looking at Eli Wallace profile on the new Stargate site i noticed in one of the videos... The General Hammond

In the video where David Blue talks about Eli. In about half way through that video there is a small scene where Eli is standing inside one of the ships together with Dr. Rush and behind them there is a screen on the wall where you can read " USS General Hammond" So maybe that is where we will se Sam in the Pilot?

On the screen behind Eli and beside Rush you can almost see the USS Hammond text

Default Re: USS General Hammond in Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Swede View Post
    While looking at Eli Wallace profile on the new Stargate site i noticed in one of the videos... The General Hammond

In the video where David Blue talks about Eli. In about half way through that video there is a small scene where Eli is standing inside one of the ships together with Dr. Rush and behind them there is a screen on the wall where you can read " USS General Hammond" So maybe that is where we will se Sam in the Pilot?

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...USSHammond.png

On the screen behind Eli and beside Rush you can almost see the USS Hammond text
    Indeed. I mentioned this over in the "Universe Discussion/Speculation" thread. This must be where AT guest stars
    Last edited by Coronach; July 9th, 2009 at 08:23 AM.
    Sig by Pandora's Box

Instead of the 'USS General Hammond', I think it is the 'USS George Hammond', which is the normal format for ships. They use the full name instead of putting in the rank. It could be either or because if you look, both start with 'G' and also have close to the same letters. (General=7 and George=6)

Personally, I hope it is the 'USS George Hammond'.
    http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/x...ignature_3.jpg
    There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
    and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Quote Originally Posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
    Instead of the 'USS General Hammond', I think it is the 'USS George Hammond', which is the normal format for ships. They use the full name instead of putting in the rank. It could be either or because if you look, both start with 'G' and also have close to the same letters. (General=7 and George=6)

It probably does say George, as I was thinking the first word didn't look long enough to be "general"
    Sig by Pandora's Box

Mighty Avenger
    (Moderator Emeritus)
    Somewhere between the lab and labour ward

Can i just point out that some people mite consider this a spoiler, which cannot be avoided due to the title of thread. so Ive asked the mods whether they could change it.

Default Re: The new USS Ship in Stargate Universe **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Swede View Post

AWESOME!!! I'm so glad that there will be this tribute to Don Davis. I know they did a little tip of the hat to Don in SGA, but this continued tribute is awesome! And if we get to see Amanda Tapping that'd be awesome too!

I think it is George as well. That last letter looks like a "E"!!

On the Destiny, preparing to propose to TJ.

Quote Originally Posted by :Orion Coran: View Post

I would think it would be general, cause he's in the militay, and for all anyone else knows he could have a captain, so general is a title that should be included.

Chief Master Sergeant LordAnubis82's Avatar

it's probably The General Hammond because in the Atlantis series finale ENEMY AT THE GATE Carter said they were renaming The Phoenix to The General Hammond.

First Lieutenant

The US Navy has to my knowledge two ships named after presidents, the George Washington and the Abraham Lincoln. They aren't called President Washington and Lincoln.

It would make sense if they named it the USS George Hammond and not the USS General Hammond.
    Does it say Colonel anywhere on my uniform?

First Lieutenant

I think this will settle the debate about the name of the new 304.

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...&cat=53&pos=20

It was during the recent tour of the Stargate sets, I remembered seeing the new ship and its name somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by malfunction View Post
    I think this will settle the debate about the name of the new 304...
    It does rather

Airman

if you can read that uv got better eyes than me

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRobbo9886 View Post
    If you click on the image it will enlarge, then you can see that the plaque says George Hammond. My vision is not that good.

Chief Master Sergeant Terra Atlantus's Avatar

Well, thank you very much for this spoiler. I'm with Madwelshboy, change name or move it to the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Atlantus View Post
    Well, thank you very much for this spoiler. I'm with Madwelshboy, change name or move it to the spoiler thread.
    The name of the thread was changed...

Well if you don't like spoilers so then you shoulden't even look at trailers or read many of the threads here... But i hope that AT and RDA is going to be on board the Hammond

First Lieutenant

I think it is likely that O'Neill and Daniel will be at the SGC trying to contact the Icarus Base, once they can't do so O'Neill will probably order Carter to take the George Hammond to investigate.

The premiere of SGU is meant to be a three parter, so there will most likely be quite a bit of time spent in MW. IMO they will only get to the Destiny at the start of the third part.

I want to see if the George Hammond has any upgrades, it has been five years since Earth commissioned the Daedalus. It would make sense if the newer ships are little bit more advanced. And having Carter as the commander could be a good thing, her knowledge of advanced alien technology means she could enhance the ship herself.

Quote Originally Posted by malfunction View Post
    The premiere of SGU is meant to be a three parter, so there will most likely be quite a bit of time spent in MW. IMO they will only get to the Destiny at the start of the third part.
    I don't think it'll take until the third ep for them to get to the destiny
    Spoiler:
    This is the way I think it'll go down:
    Episode 1, first 3/4 of the episode is spent introducing the characters and the base attack, the last 1/4 is them arriving on the destiny,
    Episode 2, they're on the destiny, everyone panicking, trying the work out what is going on, they think they're on a planet at first, soon realise they're on a ship, find out there is a problem with the air creating system on the ship,
    Episode 3, they venture out on a planet, looking for food, water etc, perhaps discover the destiny has a automated guidance system and need to alert the people on the planet it's soon due to jump into hyperspace, they'll also be attempting the fix the air systems.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRobbo9886 View Post
    LOL...I enlarged the pic. I wanna know when these set tours are! I wanna go on one! Anyway...I can't wait until the George Hammond is in action!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast