Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think the Stargate franchise in general has developed a cult following

Generally, I havn't noticed Stargate getting that much media attention but with three series, one with ten seasons another with five and another about to begin with a much bigger budget and some great actors, a lot of people have to be watching.

What do you think? Has Stargate gain a cult status?
    Last edited by Pizerer; 06 July 2009, 03:57 PM.

I'm not really sure. I mean, some of the fans are quite die-hard about SG...but I don't know if I'd classify it as a cult-following. Maybe others think so.
    Sig by Pandora's Box
    sigpic

Comment

Have one look around the forum and you can see it does. Between the obsessing way that fans pick through every detail to the fan fiction and Stargate Horizon and such! Stargate has a cult following, a big one
      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Stargate has probably had a cult following since Season 1 or 2.

Comment

Well certainly SG is not any where the main stream that Star Trek and Star Wars are. Interesting how they all start with "Star"....

Comment

Definitely is a cult following. Anything that's been around for 12 plus years has to have a good amount of fans, and since it's not mainstream, it's a cult hit.

Perfecto!

Comment

Two words.........

Oh, yeah!

Comment

I do believe it to be the case.
                Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

Well I don't feel like going to some obscure ranch with you guys and, with the use of a little glass of magic juice, heading off en masse to the other realm.....but I definately think there is a cult following for Stargate.
                  sigpic

Comment

If a cult following is what you call a pretty large fanbase that isn't "quite" big enough to be called mainstream, but the fans remain dedicated and nitpick even the most unconsequential of details... than yes, Stargate most definately has a cult following.

Usually I think of a cult following as something a little smaller than Stargate, but I guess the description works. Stargate has been very successful. It goes without saying that SG-1 was successful considering how long it ran, and Atlantis held its own against (and sometimes overcame) BSG and was still doing well enough when it was cancelled. Now there's a third series on the way as well.

So long story short, yeah the franchise has a pretty big and dedicated fanbase and surely deserves more media recognition.
                    "Yo, Adrian!" -Rocky in Rocky
                    "That'll be the Day" -John Wayne in The Searchers

Comment

Yes. It does. We obsess over everything, all you need to do is look at most of the threads in this forum to see that. And once Stargate hooks you, it's pretty addicting. Take my friend for example, she just started watching Stargate a week or so ago and is already through Atlantis season 2. So yes, it has developed a cult following.

Comment

Everyone knows about Star Wars and Star Trek.

But some people out there in the real world still look at me funny when I mention Stargate, most people only know about the original movie, if anything at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew486DX View Post
                          Everyone knows about Star Wars and Star Trek.

But some people out there in the real world still look at me funny when I mention Stargate, most people only know about the original movie, if anything at all.
                          That is very true. But what fans it has are extremely dedicated. And plus, my whole frakking school knows about Stargate now because I talk aboutit so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
                            That is very true. But what fans it has are extremely dedicated. And plus, my whole school knows about Stargate now because I talk aboutit so much.
                            Good for you!

When I first started watching Stargate SG1 last year, I was so addicted, that I watched 8 seasons in one month (I still was able to keep my job though).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                            MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Yeah, a weird thing about Stargate is how watchable it is. It's just one of those shows that, if you get into it, you can sit down and watch and watch and watch. No wonder people say it's cult-like.
                              "Yo, Adrian!" -Rocky in Rocky
                              "That'll be the Day" -John Wayne in The Searchers

Comment

Working...
                              X