No announcement yet.

Introduce a friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kept pestering a work buddy of mine to watch Galactica and he kept refusing. I kept insisting he'd love it, it was the kind of series that would really suit him and he kept steadfastly refusing. I offered to loan him all the DVDs I had at the point for an indefinite period (mainly just so I had someone to talk to about it...although I did actually think he'd like it) and he just shook his head.

I kept telling him about the series and he'd just tell me to stop talking or run off. He even started to get angry about it after a while (yeah, I can be....persistent).

Then one day I casually showed him the Bucket Drop clip on YouTube. After he watches it, he turns to me and says in a really stern, strict, commanding voice:

"Every DVD. Tomorrow!!"

Now he's pestering me for the latest two boxsets and we discuss it all the time.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Let's see in the past year, got my Wife, daughter and her boyfriend to watch the whole series and my daughter has gotten at least 4 others to watch the series. I will have to say we are still divided on like and dislike of Caprica, as a group. We are looking forward to The Plan filling in some holes.

I still miss the guessing of who the 12 th Cylon will be, who made the skin jobs and all the other topics that came up while airing, not having those questions now, tends to take something away, so I always tell people to watch the whole series and then we can talk.

Comment

My friend and I got through Razor, Downloaded, and Lay Down Your Burdens tonight
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The introduce-a-friend rewatchathon continues!

Tonight we got through the extended cut of Unfinished Business, as well as The Passage, The Eye of Jupiter, and Rapture....
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I am a friend who has been introduced to BSG

Finished the third season, so I just bought Razor and can't wait to watch it!
            sigpic
            Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

And it continues.... Last night we got through:

Taking a Break from All Your Worries
              The Woman King
              A Day in the Life
              Dirty Hands
              Maelstrom
              The Son Also Rises

Something neat I noticed last night in Maelstrom that I'd never noticed before....
              Spoiler:
              When the younger Kara is talking to her mother after finding out she has cancer, Kara's mother blows a smoke ring. While unremarkable on its own, I did find that very interesting given such a heavy focus on the mandala in this episode

Comment

And now my friend and I are done

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  And now my friend and I are done
                  Your friend is still functioning like a human after watching this show, all the way through?

Can't say the same for my friend.

How I'll miss him...

Comment

Spoiler tags for 'Daybreak'

Spoiler:
                    Well I'm pretty sure he loved it. He loved that it was a series where everything has consequences and ramifications that echo even years after the fact, his reaction to the Opera House bit in 'Daybreak' was just an awed "oh, woooow" and he didn't even blink at Starbuck disappearing. Pretty much right away he says to me, "oh so I guess she was like the other invisible characters."

And holy crap does Daybreak ever look good in Blu-ray. The Colony battle is stunning and the colours on Earth are so astonishingly vibrant that they almost pop off the screen.

Comment

Working...
                    X