This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odyssey Secret mission. Possible spoilers for Sgu

What do you think the Odyssey's secret mission that was mentioned on the Daedulus before they seperated and were trying to find more ships to attack the Super Hive. Will this be answered in one of the new Stargate movies coming up or in the SGU premire?
    Jackson: This is a radio. It's so my friends can find me, and shoot you.

It's likely that it either has to do with SGU or the third SG-1 movie. The real world answer is that The Odyssey has a ZPM and would probably whoop the superhive, so they need an excuse to write it out.

Perfecto!

Comment

Since Daniel, Vala, Mitchell, O'Neill and Teal'c were not seen in EATG, I just pretend they were all on the mission. No girls were allowed, though...so Carter and Davis had to stay behind on Earth.

As for what the mission is...Furlings. We'll never see it, but yeah...and the Oannes. All that stuff they never explained, lol!
      Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
      http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
        It's likely that it either has to do with SGU or the third SG-1 movie. The real world answer is that The Odyssey has a ZPM and would probably whoop the superhive, so they need an excuse to write it out.
        I was also wondering what kind of mission the Oddessy was on, and hopefully they will reveal it in The new SG1 movie. But just because the Oddessy has a zpm that doesn't mean anything. For one that zpm has been around for so long and has gone through so many battles(the biggest of which was in Ark of Truth where the Oddessy got shot about 40 times with the Ori weapon that is supposed to be so powerful) that it should be near depletion or at the very least 50% depleted. Secondly the Super Hive is supposed to be powered by several zpm's with a nearly impenetrable hull that can regenerate itself. Oddessy would have gotten its but kicked along with everybody else.
        "If I find out your playing us I'm not going to wait for authorization. There isn't going to be any paperwork. I'm just going to kill you."

Comment

I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that Icarus was TOP TOP secret, only a handful of people knew of its existance? If this is so, then its reasonable to assume that the Odyssey was assisting in some way at Icarus?
          Perhaps the Stargate on Icarus can only connect to Destiny? The Odyssey ferrys the scientists and whoever to the planet?
          Personally, i think we'll know in October

Comment

Originally posted by Beckmen View Post
            Since Daniel, Vala, Mitchell, O'Neill and Teal'c were not seen in EATG, I just pretend they were all on the mission. No girls were allowed, though...so Carter and Davis had to stay behind on Earth.
            Uh...
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by lenton6390 View Post
              I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that Icarus was TOP TOP secret, only a handful of people knew of its existance? If this is so, then its reasonable to assume that the Odyssey was assisting in some way at Icarus?
              Perhaps the Stargate on Icarus can only connect to Destiny? The Odyssey ferrys the scientists and whoever to the planet?
              Personally, i think we'll know in October
              Possibly. Carter says her ship, George Hammond, is nearly done and we know that in the SGU pilot
              Spoiler:
              It is the George Hammond who shows up at Icarus
              So maybe the Odyssey is doing the work until the GH is up and running.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Maybe they were setting up Icarus base..

Comment

Originally posted by Beckmen View Post

As for what the mission is...Furlings. We'll never see it, but yeah...and the Oannes. All that stuff they never explained, lol!
                  Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Uh...
                  Davis? you're a funny dude..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Maybe they were setting up Icarus base..
                    Or maybe they were on a mission to find it...
                    WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN WW2!

Spoiler:
                    Germany Chiefed Poland.
                    England broke their NAP with Germany because Poland was their ally.
                    England and its allies defend from German attacks, but suffer heavy losses as Germany has level 10 rams.
                    France got Chiefed.
                    Japan decided to scout America.
                    America got pissed off, and sent a couple waves with 10k Imperians at them, with 1k catapults for sh!ts & giggles.
                    America cut Japan to 90 pop.
                    Germany sends a Chieftain Train at the USSR, gets loyalty down to 1.
                    USSR builds up troops with their lvl 20 resources and lvl 20 barracks before the Chieftains can hit again. Walls go back up to level 20. German Chiefs were all destroyed.
                    Germany just keeps sending troops although it's clear they cannot take USSR.
                    Eventually troops run out since USSR can produce them faster.
                    USSR, Britain and the USA simultaneously hit Germany with their own Chieftains, and Chiefs.
                    Hitler deleted his account...
                    USSR, change their name to Russia...

Comment

Originally posted by XxX_Kavan Smith_is_Mine_XxX View Post
                      Or maybe they were on a mission to find it...
                      Spoiler:
                      Doubtfull since Icarus base look to human constucted.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Reci View Post
                        What do you think the Odyssey's secret mission that was mentioned on the Daedulus before they seperated and were trying to find more ships to attack the Super Hive. Will this be answered in one of the new Stargate movies coming up or in the SGU premire?
                        I personally think, hope and wish that the Odyssey's secret mission will be revealed in the third SG-1 movie...it's my favorite ship, and I certainly don't want it running around (so to speak) in SGU!
                        sigpic
                        ~the guitarists~

Comment

OR...

It was just a quick line to get rid of Earth's most powerful ship, since since it defeated the Ori practically on its own, we've come to see it as a Super Ship and they didn't wanna blow the Hive Ship up quite *that* fast. It was either having the Odyssey blow it up, get damaged, or get rid of it. Besides, if Odyssey blew it up then Atlantis wouldn't be floating on Earth and then there wouldn't be a need for an Atlantis movie.

Not that there will be one now...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

I think the Odyssey's was missing due to SGU mission. I'm guessing that we might even lose the Odyssey within the first few minutes of SGU.. Hope I'm wrong.
                            WraithQueenH

"You are more like Wraith than you know."
                            "I'm not sure I like the sound of that."
                            "There is much about Wraith that you do not know, Sheppard."
                            - John Sheppard and Todd, "Common Ground"

"We all agree the Ancients were pretty screwed up. All the ones I met were arrogant and condescending and not for good reason. Now they made giant mistakes and never fixed them." - John Sheppard

Comment

Really? I think given that the Superhive defeated all of Earth's defenses effortlessly, even the Odyssey would be unable to destroy it. I know it may be more poerful than all the other ships but is it really several times more powerful than all of Earth's other ships and Atlantis combined?
                              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                              X