EATG Extended Episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EATG Extended Episode

So I just watched the EATG extended episode and was disappointed, I saw nothing new.

Am I missing something??

Deleted scene was in the DVD Features

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan2009 View Post
      So I just watched the EATG extended episode and was disappointed, I saw nothing new.

Am I missing something??
      In my region 1 DVD set, there were two additions that I caught (and was mentioned on the commentaries). I don't recall any EatG scenes in the special features deleted scenes.

(spoilered for details)
      Spoiler:

1) Right after the teaser, Keller makes an earlier appearance when she talked with Sheppard regarding Todd's health.
      2) After Woolsey talks with Todd, Woolsey and the team have a meeting in the conference room where they discussed if they should investigate Todd's claims.

There might be more but I didn't catch them.
      sigpic

Comment

Deleted scenes are not always deleted for good reasons. They need to deliver episodes at a specific length, so sometimes episodes DO suffer from being shaved down to length. It's not like a movie where editing is usually an artistic decision. Sometimes they have to cut out stuff that they really, really don't want to.

I wish EATG Extended had more than 1 or 2 minutes of deleted footage, but oh well. It's still a great episode. Can't wait to watch it in 1080P!
        Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
        http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

When it aired, I thought there would have more in that last scene with John and Todd. I guess I have to wait for the movie to see what happens.
          WraithQueenH

"You are more like Wraith than you know."
          "I'm not sure I like the sound of that."
          "There is much about Wraith that you do not know, Sheppard."
          - John Sheppard and Todd, "Common Ground"

"We all agree the Ancients were pretty screwed up. All the ones I met were arrogant and condescending and not for good reason. Now they made giant mistakes and never fixed them." - John Sheppard

Comment

I'm about to watch it, but from I've read here it sounds like I'll be disappointed...
            Spoiler:
            I thought it was VERY clear in the aired version that lots of stuff was taken out, i.e. anything to do with the random wormhole drive that came out of nowhere, AND wasn't shown. i figured there was no way it wouldn't be fleshed out in extended scenes, but I guess it was always random and out of nowhere, even in the original version. Huh.

I complain, yet I know I'll watch it repeatedly lol.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

I was upset that they didn't really add into the extras any deleted scenes either for this episode. This movie needs to be made like now! LOL
              WraithQueenH

"You are more like Wraith than you know."
              "I'm not sure I like the sound of that."
              "There is much about Wraith that you do not know, Sheppard."
              - John Sheppard and Todd, "Common Ground"

"We all agree the Ancients were pretty screwed up. All the ones I met were arrogant and condescending and not for good reason. Now they made giant mistakes and never fixed them." - John Sheppard

Comment

I'm a fan of Stargate Atlantis and I think the series is a masterpiece of cinematic art in the field of science fiction television who does not know before. I love especially because the character of John Sheppard Joe Flanigan plays an Air Force colonel who is a hero! and 'a hero who sacrificed his life to save the lives of others and the others would do the same for him. Moreover, the sets and special effects are fantastic, spectacular, unbeatable. The film is unsurpassed in its kind. Lory Bye from Italy.

Comment

I was looking over this topic and it kinda answered my question but not competely, so what are the additional bits in vegas and EATG or is it just the ones listed above?

Comment

Working...
                  X