Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Favourite end of Season Cliffhanger..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Favourite end of Season Cliffhanger..

If you combine SG1 and SGA, out of both what would be your top 3 end of season cliffhangers be, and maybe your reason why. These would be mine:

1.0 SGA season 1 the "Seige 2"

Awsome story and epic battle, and I couldn't wait for Seige 3, and a Fantastic end to season 1.

2.0 SG1 Season 9 "Camelot"

The best space battle SG1 has been in IMO, where they get their asses kicked.

3.0 SG1 Season 4 "Exodus"

This had it all, blowing up suns, Teal'c taken by Apophis and traveling to other galaxies. Also a great way to finish IMO the best SG1 season.

Hmmmm, I'll say...

1. Stargate SG-1 season 1- Within the Serpent's Grasp

The two parter Within the Serpent's Grasp/The Serpent's Lair is the first thing I think of when I think of "Stargate". It just has everything I want in a Stargate episode. Also, to me it's cool to see Earth basically defenseless, facing a real threat for the 1st time BEFORE it became habit and a cliche. This is the first time the Goa'uld had paid attention to the planet in a long time, and to me there was a cool feeling about the galaxy not revolving around the planet Earth and SG-1 still being "the little guy".

2. Stargate: Atlantis season 1- The Siege part II

The long, exciting story arc finally pays off, I think this is Atlantis' version of The Serpent's Lair, and that's why I like it so much. I didn't have to wait before seeing part III, but I have to put the episode here because it's such a great episode (The Siege is the best of Atlantis imo).

3. Stargate SG-1 season 3- Nemesis

I considered putting Exodus, but I'm not sure the episode itself was my favorite. Lost City may be a stronger episode(s), but there's not a huge cliffhanger. This is the first time we met the replicators, and again they were still fresh. The single scene at the end had me really wanting to see how the rest of the story ended up.

Honorable mentions- First Strike (Atlantis season 3), Exodus (SG-1 season 4), and Lost City.
    "Yo, Adrian!" -Rocky in Rocky
    "That'll be the Day" -John Wayne in The Searchers

Comment

Originally posted by A_PophisandhisFran View Post
      Hmmmm, I'll say...

The two parter Within the Serpent's Grasp/The Serpent's Lair is the first thing I think of when I think of "Stargate". It just has everything I want in a Stargate episode. Also, to me it's cool to see Earth basically defenseless, facing a real threat for the 1st time BEFORE it became habit and a cliche. This is the first time the Goa'uld had paid attention to the planet in a long time, and to me there was a cool feeling about the galaxy not revolving around the planet Earth and SG-1 still being "the little guy".

The long, exciting story arc finally pays off, I think this is Atlantis' version of The Serpent's Lair, and that's why I like it so much. I didn't have to wait before seeing part III, but I have to put the episode here because it's such a great episode (The Siege is the best of Atlantis imo).

I considered putting Exodus, but I'm not sure the episode itself was my favorite. Lost City may be a stronger episode(s), but there's not a huge cliffhanger. This is the first time we met the replicators, and again they were still fresh. The single scene at the end had me really wanting to see how the rest of the story ended up.

Honorable mentions- First Strike (Atlantis season 3), Exodus (SG-1 season 4), and Lost City.
      Cool, that's great

Comment

Originally posted by A_PophisandhisFran View Post
        Hmmmm, I'll say...

snip for brevity

snip

I agree with the the Top 2. For me it would be a tie between Lost City and First Strike (despite what happened to Weir) for third. Nemesis and Exodus would make my Honorable Mentions.
        "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

1) Nemisis

Because it was the first season finale I had watched that I didnt have the next box set sitting there to watch right after! It was like 3 months of pain till I got to see the ending!

Within the serpents grasp

Again like someone said first time the earth was in real peril

Seige part 2

Because it was just so damn cool! Oh and again I had to wait for like forever to see the part 3

Comment

I think the SGA cliff-hangers had much more over SG1 cliff-hangers.

They're just... better. The mid-season ones too, although SG1 didn't really have any.. except for the latter seasons.

I never really liked the Hathor one (2/3), I mean, obviously they're going to get through, although, it was never really a cliff hanger for me. I came later to stargate. Serpents Grasp (1/2) are excellent episodes, lots of fun. The Replicator one Nemesis (3/4) was too much like Serpents Grasp for me, although it wasn't really a cliff hanger. We know they went through the gate (if I'm remembering the episode correctly), and they didn't work on that afterward.
            I much preferred Exodus (4/5) to Nemesis, purely because we have no clue how they'll get back, let alone defeat Apophis. 5/6 never had one, although Redemption (season 6 two part opener) would have to be one of my favourite episodes of all time. Mainly because of SG1 Rodney and the humour.

I never really liked 6/7, it seemed like a bit of a cheat. The Lost City (7/8) is one of my favourite episodes, it was just great for me. I don't think it beat threads, though. 8/9 had none, although I did like Moebius and Avalon. 9/10 would have to be my favourite SG1 cliff-hanger. Everything's gone, no hope of survival.

SGA was just better, for me.
            The Siege (1/2), What happens to the suicidal Sheppard (didn't die... damn?) and to Atlantis? I was extremely eager to see how that one ended. Allies (2/3) hmm, I liked this one too, although a tad predictable.. they were good episodes. Adrift (3/4) was great, similar to Exodus. The Last Man (4/5) was another great one, who knew what was going to happen, not to mention a great episode in itself.

Comment

1. Within The Serpent's Grasp
              2. Exodus
              3. Nemesis

While I like Atlantis, I'm much more of an SG1 fan. Actually, though, most of my favorite season enders are non-cliffhangers. My favorite season ender is the last four episodes of season 8. Actually, season 8 in general is probably my favorite season.

Comment

1. The Siege part II

I think this was the most awesome stargate cliffhanger ever. It left everyone in jeopardy. Teyla and her entire group went missing, Ford and his group were all surrounded by wraith, The Col. who just took control of Atlantis is last scene emptying a magazine into a wraith's gut, Sheppard is going on a suicide mission, and Atlantis has armed the self-destruct. It was just the ULTIMATE CLIFFHANGER!!!

2. Within The Serpents Grasp

This was also a very good cliffhanger. SG1 is trapped on a Hatak that is about to attack our favorite and defenseless planet known as Earth, we have no idea how to stop them, and the Jaffa are about to burst through the doors!

3. Allies

This was a very cool cliffhanger. Our allied Hive has unexpectedly fired upon us the very moment we exit hyperspace, a cool space battle ensues, Sheppard goes missing, and Ronon and McKay are prisoners on a hive ship headed for earth with nothing to stand its way.
                "If I find out your playing us I'm not going to wait for authorization. There isn't going to be any paperwork. I'm just going to kill you."

Comment

I think the best cliff hangers are definitely the ones that get you thinking "omg how are they going to get out of this one, surely they can't?" and "omg, did they just get their asses kicked, they're screwed!".

For those reasons my favourite cliffhangers have been

1. The Siege Part 2: Absolutely superb ending. Absolutely no hope for survival from what you can see watching it, all the teams cornered or incapacitated to the viewers knowledge, lots of mortal peril and not to mention Sheppard on his trademark suicide mission. Will the Deadalus get there in time? How could they possibly get out of it? Brilliantly written imo and one of Atlantis's best.

2. First Strike: Again a brilliant cliffhanger, everyone in mortal danger, Weir could be dead, thy're lost in the middle of nowhere with no hope. Fantastic disaster feel to it and again leaves you with the question of 'how the hell are they going to get out of this one?!

3. Camelot: Dramatic and just downright shocking. After all the success Earth and its allies have had against its enemies the Ori come along and rip them to shreds without even breaking a sweat. Again leaves you with great unanswered questions? Will Sam get resuced?! Are Daniel and Mitchell alive after we saw the Korolev go up in flames?.

I think of the two shows Atlantis definitely did cliffhangers very well.

Comment

I'd say overall Atlantis did cliffhangers better. Not because the Atlantis episodes themselves were better necessarily, but because SG-1 was on the verge of being cancelled so many times that the cliffhangers weren't as big or as important. The cliffhangers in Atlantis always left me wanting to see the rest of the story, while with Full Circle or some other SG-1 cliffhangers I could stand to wait a while.
                    "Yo, Adrian!" -Rocky in Rocky
                    "That'll be the Day" -John Wayne in The Searchers

Comment

for me my number 1 would have to bo lost city, earth nearly beaten , anubis destroyed at the last moment then jacks dieing ~ epic

No2 for me is camalot
                      for the first time u see how powerful the ori are and TPTB make it seem like the whole team is dead apart from carter

No3 is the seige for the above resons

Spoiler:
                      Favourite SG-1 Quote
                      CARTER: You can't be serious.
                      O'NEILL: What?
                      JACKSON: It's the only way.
                      O'NEILL: What?
                      CARTER: No, we agreed.
                      O'NEILL: If I have to say "What?" one more time, heads are gonna roll!

Comment

Not meaning to bash Lost City in any way because I thought it was a really good episode, but I really don't consider that to be a cliffhanger because the planet was saved and it wasn't a to be continued.
                        "If I find out your playing us I'm not going to wait for authorization. There isn't going to be any paperwork. I'm just going to kill you."

Comment

Here goes my first post. I think that my personal favorite season ending cliffhanger would have to be the Siege Part II. It really made me interested in Atlantis. Up until that point I was not all that interested in what was a lackluster first season.

Comment

Originally posted by Gateship_One View Post
                            Here goes my first post. I think that my personal favorite season ending cliffhanger would have to be the Siege Part II. It really made me interested in Atlantis. Up until that point I was not all that interested in what was a lackluster first season.
                            Welcome to the forum

Comment

1. Stargate Atlantis : The Siege Part II
                              * It had a pretty good end, loved the Wraith invading the city!

2. Stargate Atlantis : First Strike
                              * The Replicator's revenge was very cool and Atlantis flyes for the first time after 10.000 years.

3. Stargate SG-1 : Camelot
                              * The Ori finaly reaches the Milky Way galaxy, awsome space battle.
                              sigpicThe City of The One will rise from the ashes of history.....

Comment

Working...
                              X