Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farscape Complete Series Megaset: November 2009!!! (R1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
    I wonder if you can buy the DVD with Farscape Undressed separately.
    That would be nice, but probably not. I don't doubt they want you to buy the complete series set to get that dvd.....
    IMO always implied.

Comment

I purchased the UK Complete series set some time ago and it is awesome (I have an all region DVD player). It also, unlike this set, contains the Peacekeeper Wars... why would they not include it if it is the "Complete Series"
      Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

It's US distribution rights are owned by a different company. Lionsgate I think.
        Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton View Post
          It's US distribution rights are owned by a different company. Lionsgate I think.
          It is and technically PKWars is a mini-series and not part of the actual series. It's a movie to wrap of the series which it possibly another reason why it's not included in the mega set. I'm just happy that we're getting Undressed as part of this set. I'll shell out the money eventually to get it since I don't own the Starburst sets. I have the set BEFORE the Starburst sets. It has commentaries (that I think are part of the Starburst sets) but it doesn't have much else. I want the GAG REEL!!
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Wee i'm just enjoying the fact that my boxed set is both gorgeous to look at, contains all bonus features, and has the Peacekeeper Wars as well... all for the smart decision I made to get an all region DVD player for like 20 bucks a while back.
            Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

The DVDs for the series were very hard to find for me. And I'm given to understand this was the case for everyone. And the few volumes that were available in stores were very expensive. Peacekeeper Wars however seemed pretty easy to find for me. I don't know how it is everywhere else but here it was not hard to find the complete disks in the stores. And it was available for around 12 dollars. Even thought I had another copy abroad, that was probably the best deal for something I ever took in my life.
              Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 07 September 2009, 02:22 PM.
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Yeah, I bought PKW from Amazon almost a year ago for $10US I think. It's easily available. Amazon currently has it for $8.99US.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                  That would be nice, but probably not. I don't doubt they want you to buy the complete series set to get that dvd.....
                  I was thinking more if all the discs are going to be sold separately so whatever disc Farscape Undressed is on I can just buy that. But I'm worried it's going to be on some extras discs that you can only buy with the full set.

I like Farscape alot but I've got the Starburst sets and can't afford to spend $100 just to get one small part.
                  sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

I'm glad I lucked out and got all the Starburst dvds for $120CAD.

ADV and Sony were ridiculously annoying with going out of business (ADV) and sitting on the rights (Sony). I'm happy that A&E Home Entertainment are releasing the DVDs so soon after getting the rights. They're giving the respect that the series deserves.

Now if only they could get more commentaries and if Liongate would get commentaries for PK Wars.

Too bad the megaset is being released AFTER the Farscape con. Cuz then people going would have something else to bring with them to get signed. Hehe!

So I can protect you from evil feathers, but you won't save me from the wrath of Elizabeth? Some lover you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Katrina Halliwell View Post
                      ADV and Sony were ridiculously annoying with going out of business (ADV) and sitting on the rights (Sony). I'm happy that A&E Home Entertainment are releasing the DVDs so soon after getting the rights. They're giving the respect that the series deserves.
                      That and they aren't stupid. There is an audience and a market out there for Farscape and $$$$ to be made from them.

That's why twits thought they could charge nearly a 100 bucks for individual Starburst sets because some poor schmuck out there would pay that price to get them because no other legal options were available since they were out of production.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

If I did not already have the set myself, i'd be ecstatic that this is finally coming out, it was always a bit confusing they had not released it before to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Katrina Halliwell View Post
                          Originally posted by Confessor Rahl View Post
                          If I did not already have the set myself, i'd be ecstatic that this is finally coming out, it was always a bit confusing they had not released it before to me.
                          Confessor Rahl, read the post by Katrina Halliwell (I've quoted it for you). Basically it was a RIGHTS issue that kept them from releasing new versions of the DVDs.
                          sigpic
                          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                            That and they aren't stupid. There is an audience and a market out there for Farscape and $$$$ to be made from them.

That's why twits thought they could charge nearly a 100 bucks for individual Starburst sets because some poor schmuck out there would pay that price to get them because no other legal options were available since they were out of production.

I've noticed on ebay that the average price of the starburst sets has gone down some, but even since before news of the new set broke. Sets that used to run in the 40's or 50's can be seen for less than 25. You still see poeple selling the rarer ones for more than 70 though. I'd like to eventually conplete my starburst collection, but 4-disc 1.1 and 1.2 sets seem to be the rarest of the bunch.

I managed to sell my older ADV boxsets last week for roughly 70 a piece, hopefully that wasn't a mistake. I own the Contender box sets, and most of the starbursts, so it's no real loss, but you never know, the value of those things could go up someday like the starbursts did.

Comment

Check it out...
                              http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Far...-Edition/12678

It's a little annoying that's its not only exclusive but limited to 5000 copies, but cool that they managed to work that out with lionsgate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton View Post
                                Check it out...
                                http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Far...-Edition/12678

It's a little annoying that's its not only exclusive but limited to 5000 copies, but cool that they managed to work that out with lionsgate.
                                That's pretty badass. I'd love to get one, but I doubt my Best Buy will be one of the stores involved.
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X