Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farscape Complete Series Megaset: November 2009!!! (R1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Sil View Post
    As I'm sure many of you know, I'm lazy . Thus I'm too lazy to look back and see if this question has been already answered (+my internet isn't working !!!): does anyone know of the Australian release date or is it international... wait isn't Farscape Aussie anyway? .... Australian-American.... heh, only Aussie show worth watching !
    I'm annoyed as I went to watch the movie today and couldn't find it ! Still need to buy the box sets, but they're quite common pre-owned here.... I want this awesomeness ! *feels sad because she has no money*
    I feel your pain where money is concerned.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Why would they offer this without a Blu-Ray version?. I already have the entire set on DVD but I would gladly re-buy it if it was made available on Hi-Def Blu-Ray.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
        Why would they offer this without a Blu-Ray version?. I already have the entire set on DVD but I would gladly re-buy it if it was made available on Hi-Def Blu-Ray.
        http://dvd.ign.com/articles/100/1009930p2.html

Has there been talk of doing a Blu-ray release?

Henson: You're the first person who's asked us about that. We have had inquiries, so I'll just answer it honestly. There is a version of Farscape that is better resolution than what anybody in America has ever seen, because we shot on the British-Australian video format which is PAL, 625 lines of resolution. So it has better color resolution and better image resolution than American broadcast television. It's isn't high-def, though. It's 625 as opposed to 720 or 1080. So there is something better than what people have seen on TV. So it would bump up to high def and look better than a regular DVD, much better, but it wouldn't look as good as what people would think of as high def. So I'm not sure whether anybody will ever want to do it. If we were to do a Blu-ray release, which I think should happen at some point, it's never going to be high, high-def resolution. But it will be better than what people have seen on DVD. So at some point I'm sure we will revisit a Blu-ray release. I think I once budgeted it and I think it was something over $4 million a season to actually go back and upgrade the effects to high def. And that was when we still had the film in vaults. ... So maybe for the 20th anniversary?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
          The Pre-order is up at Amazon for a paltry $104!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002GP7ZWI/

(it's on my birthday )
          I see it went up to $120 a couple of days ago....
          IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
            I see it went up to $120 a couple of days ago....
            Well that's crappy. (but still a good price)

Buy.com has it for $112. I haven't bought from them in years so have no idea what their service is like now.

I think I ended up paying between $15-20 for each Starburst set. So at 3 per season probably $200-225 for all 4 seasons.
            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Heh. It's back down to $104 today. Amazon is weird with their pricing. I've got a couple of things I watch prices on so if they happen to offer a good deal. Sometimes they will run their prices up for a couple of days and then go back down to the "normal" price.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

Back to $104.99 at Amazon.

Edit: never mind lol.
                sigpic

Comment

Keep watching, eventually it will go on SALE. Trust me. Amazon always has sales on DVDs and the like.
                  sigpic
                  I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SpyDude View Post
                    http://dvd.ign.com/articles/100/1009930p2.html

Has there been talk of doing a Blu-ray release?

Henson: You're the first person who's asked us about that. We have had inquiries, so I'll just answer it honestly. There is a version of Farscape that is better resolution than what anybody in America has ever seen, because we shot on the British-Australian video format which is PAL, 625 lines of resolution. So it has better color resolution and better image resolution than American broadcast television. It's isn't high-def, though. It's 625 as opposed to 720 or 1080. So there is something better than what people have seen on TV. So it would bump up to high def and look better than a regular DVD, much better, but it wouldn't look as good as what people would think of as high def. So I'm not sure whether anybody will ever want to do it. If we were to do a Blu-ray release, which I think should happen at some point, it's never going to be high, high-def resolution. But it will be better than what people have seen on DVD. So at some point I'm sure we will revisit a Blu-ray release. I think I once budgeted it and I think it was something over $4 million a season to actually go back and upgrade the effects to high def. And that was when we still had the film in vaults. ... So maybe for the 20th anniversary?
                    It's interesting that he would even consider re-doing the special effects for a new release. No wonder the price tag would be high, it's like doing every special effect the show ever did over a 4 year budget with a single check. At least he wants to do it right. That would be pretty awesome, though. Like "Children of the Gods" x 44 the runtime.

It should also be noted the 625 line thing only applies to the first three seasons. The fouth and mini can be, as he calls it, "high, high-def".
                    Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Oh and my little commentary analysis spot on apparently... They just updated the commentary count from 29 to 31.
                      Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                        Keep watching, eventually it will go on SALE. Trust me. Amazon always has sales on DVDs and the like.
                        I'm guessing this will be sub $100 at deepdiscount.com opening week (which might coincide with their twice a year %20 off sale!)

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                          I'm guessing this will be sub $100 at deepdiscount.com opening week (which might coincide with their twice a year %20 off sale!)
                          That would be nice.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

This is pretty awesome! I'd really hoped to get the entire series on DVD somehow, and had almost given up hope. This show is really worth it to own.
                            Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 29 August 2009, 01:25 PM.
                            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

The extras are listed here ( http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Far...ras-List/12524 ). All the commentaries from the Starburst editions will be on it. And I believe all the dvd extras, but I'm not 100% certain.

So I think the only extra thing the Starburst dvd owners are getting if they trade their dvds for this one, is Farscape Undressed. And new boxart (although I like the Starburst ones a lot more).

The UK and Aussie commentaries that aren't on the Starburst sets won't be in the megaset sadly.
                              Last edited by Katrina Halliwell; 05 September 2009, 09:41 PM.

So I can protect you from evil feathers, but you won't save me from the wrath of Elizabeth? Some lover you are.

Comment

I wonder if you can buy the DVD with Farscape Undressed separately.
                                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Working...
                                X