Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Farscape Complete Series Megaset: November 2009!!! (R1)

Heh. It's back down to $104 today. Amazon is weird with their pricing. I've got a couple of things I watch prices on so if they happen to offer a good deal. Sometimes they will run their prices up for a couple of days and then go back down to the "normal" price.
    IMO always implied.

Chief Master Sergeant

Back to $104.99 at Amazon.

Edit: never mind lol.

Vala Re: Farscape Complete Series Megaset: November 2009!!! (R1)

Keep watching, eventually it will go on SALE. Trust me. Amazon always has sales on DVDs and the like.

I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyDude View Post
    http://dvd.ign.com/articles/100/1009930p2.html

Has there been talk of doing a Blu-ray release?

Henson: You're the first person who's asked us about that. We have had inquiries, so I'll just answer it honestly. There is a version of Farscape that is better resolution than what anybody in America has ever seen, because we shot on the British-Australian video format which is PAL, 625 lines of resolution. So it has better color resolution and better image resolution than American broadcast television. It's isn't high-def, though. It's 625 as opposed to 720 or 1080. So there is something better than what people have seen on TV. So it would bump up to high def and look better than a regular DVD, much better, but it wouldn't look as good as what people would think of as high def. So I'm not sure whether anybody will ever want to do it. If we were to do a Blu-ray release, which I think should happen at some point, it's never going to be high, high-def resolution. But it will be better than what people have seen on DVD. So at some point I'm sure we will revisit a Blu-ray release. I think I once budgeted it and I think it was something over $4 million a season to actually go back and upgrade the effects to high def. And that was when we still had the film in vaults. ... So maybe for the 20th anniversary?
    It's interesting that he would even consider re-doing the special effects for a new release. No wonder the price tag would be high, it's like doing every special effect the show ever did over a 4 year budget with a single check. At least he wants to do it right. That would be pretty awesome, though. Like "Children of the Gods" x 44 the runtime.

It should also be noted the 625 line thing only applies to the first three seasons. The fouth and mini can be, as he calls it, "high, high-def".
    Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Oh and my little commentary analysis spot on apparently... They just updated the commentary count from 29 to 31.

Quote Originally Posted by SunKrux View Post
    Keep watching, eventually it will go on SALE. Trust me. Amazon always has sales on DVDs and the like.
    I'm guessing this will be sub $100 at deepdiscount.com opening week (which might coincide with their twice a year %20 off sale!)

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy_Watson View Post
    I'm guessing this will be sub $100 at deepdiscount.com opening week (which might coincide with their twice a year %20 off sale!)
    That would be nice.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

This is pretty awesome! I'd really hoped to get the entire series on DVD somehow, and had almost given up hope. This show is really worth it to own.
    Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; August 29th, 2009 at 01:25 PM.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Chief Master Sergeant Katrina Halliwell's Avatar

The extras are listed here ( http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Far...ras-List/12524 ). All the commentaries from the Starburst editions will be on it. And I believe all the dvd extras, but I'm not 100% certain.

So I think the only extra thing the Starburst dvd owners are getting if they trade their dvds for this one, is Farscape Undressed. And new boxart (although I like the Starburst ones a lot more).

The UK and Aussie commentaries that aren't on the Starburst sets won't be in the megaset sadly.
    Last edited by Katrina Halliwell; September 5th, 2009 at 09:41 PM.
    http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...everforget.jpg
    So I can protect you from evil feathers, but you won't save me from the wrath of Elizabeth? Some lover you are.

I wonder if you can buy the DVD with Farscape Undressed separately.

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstorm View Post
    I wonder if you can buy the DVD with Farscape Undressed separately.
    That would be nice, but probably not. I don't doubt they want you to buy the complete series set to get that dvd.....
    IMO always implied.

Second Lieutenant Confessor Rahl's Avatar

I purchased the UK Complete series set some time ago and it is awesome (I have an all region DVD player). It also, unlike this set, contains the Peacekeeper Wars... why would they not include it if it is the "Complete Series"
    Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...rison/logo.jpg

It's US distribution rights are owned by a different company. Lionsgate I think.

Vala Re: Farscape Complete Series Megaset: November 2009!!! (R1)

Quote Originally Posted by Chricton View Post
    It's US distribution rights are owned by a different company. Lionsgate I think.
    It is and technically PKWars is a mini-series and not part of the actual series. It's a movie to wrap of the series which it possibly another reason why it's not included in the mega set. I'm just happy that we're getting Undressed as part of this set. I'll shell out the money eventually to get it since I don't own the Starburst sets. I have the set BEFORE the Starburst sets. It has commentaries (that I think are part of the Starburst sets) but it doesn't have much else. I want the GAG REEL!!

I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Second Lieutenant Confessor Rahl's Avatar

Wee i'm just enjoying the fact that my boxed set is both gorgeous to look at, contains all bonus features, and has the Peacekeeper Wars as well... all for the smart decision I made to get an all region DVD player for like 20 bucks a while back.
    Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...rison/logo.jpg

The DVDs for the series were very hard to find for me. And I'm given to understand this was the case for everyone. And the few volumes that were available in stores were very expensive. Peacekeeper Wars however seemed pretty easy to find for me. I don't know how it is everywhere else but here it was not hard to find the complete disks in the stores. And it was available for around 12 dollars. Even thought I had another copy abroad, that was probably the best deal for something I ever took in my life.
    Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; September 7th, 2009 at 02:22 PM.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Yeah, I bought PKW from Amazon almost a year ago for $10US I think. It's easily available. Amazon currently has it for $8.99US.
    IMO always implied.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
    That would be nice, but probably not. I don't doubt they want you to buy the complete series set to get that dvd.....
    I was thinking more if all the discs are going to be sold separately so whatever disc Farscape Undressed is on I can just buy that. But I'm worried it's going to be on some extras discs that you can only buy with the full set.

I like Farscape alot but I've got the Starburst sets and can't afford to spend $100 just to get one small part.

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Chief Master Sergeant Katrina Halliwell's Avatar

I'm glad I lucked out and got all the Starburst dvds for $120CAD.

ADV and Sony were ridiculously annoying with going out of business (ADV) and sitting on the rights (Sony). I'm happy that A&E Home Entertainment are releasing the DVDs so soon after getting the rights. They're giving the respect that the series deserves.

Now if only they could get more commentaries and if Liongate would get commentaries for PK Wars.

Too bad the megaset is being released AFTER the Farscape con. Cuz then people going would have something else to bring with them to get signed. Hehe!
    http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...everforget.jpg
    So I can protect you from evil feathers, but you won't save me from the wrath of Elizabeth? Some lover you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina Halliwell View Post
    ADV and Sony were ridiculously annoying with going out of business (ADV) and sitting on the rights (Sony). I'm happy that A&E Home Entertainment are releasing the DVDs so soon after getting the rights. They're giving the respect that the series deserves.
    That and they aren't stupid. There is an audience and a market out there for Farscape and $$$$ to be made from them.

That's why twits thought they could charge nearly a 100 bucks for individual Starburst sets because some poor schmuck out there would pay that price to get them because no other legal options were available since they were out of production.
    IMO always implied.