Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farscape Complete Series Megaset: November 2009!!! (R1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farscape Complete Series Megaset: November 2009!!! (R1)

Well, so much for Sony, A&E is release a complete series set in November! Great news for anyone who missed out on the Starburst sets. I hope this helps spread the joy:

They will also be releasing single season sets.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Far...s-Coming/12228

Brian, Rockne, Ben, and Claudia will all be at Comic-con to discuss!

Edit: Update:

Details are up:

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Farscap...e-Series/12357

It comes out on November 17th ( my birthday ). SRP for the complete series (25 discs) is $149 and $44 for individual seasons. That sounds pretty good (should be around $110/$30 in reality I'd guess)

I don't know enough about the special features to know what is new and what is lost (if anything).
    Last edited by Randy_Watson; 24 July 2009, 03:12 AM.

Finally! That is good news for a lot of people.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I was just coming here to share this news. I got the info from Hensoncompany via Twitter. Here's the link to their official announcement: http://henson.com/press_releases/2009-07-01.pdf

WOOHOOO!!!!

Not that I'll be purchasing the mega set, but at least more versions of the DVDs will be out.
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
        Not that I'll be purchasing the mega set, but at least more versions of the DVDs will be out.
        Depending on the details, I may have to sell my Starbursts and buy this.

If it has the same extras, takes up less space, and has more episodes per disc, I will be all over it. (of course, I thought I would upgrade my Stargate sets too, but that's not happened)

Comment

I would like to have Farscape on DVD, but it will depend on the price. So far the Farscape sets have been way out of my price range.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
            I would like to have Farscape on DVD, but it will depend on the price. So far the Farscape sets have been way out of my price range.
            Probably because they are a little scarce nowadays. I am hopeful that the prices won't be too extreme.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'll be moderating that panel at Comic-Con. Looking forward to it....
              Keith R.A. DeCandido
              [email protected]
              www.decandido.net
              decandido.wordpress.com
              Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk." ---Tom Waits, "Heartattack and Vine"

Comment

I've only been a fan for about a year now and it took me forever to hunt down all the dvds. Season 1 was waaay too expensive so i found all of the volumes and I eventually picked up 2, 3, 4, and peacekeeper wars. I've only watched through the series once but it is by far one of my favorites. I will most definitely be picking up the mega set despite already owning it to support the sales. Farscape was completely an underrated show that deserved more attention. This is by far the best news I've heard this week
                There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

That's pretty awesome, megaset & individual season sets. Hope they at least have the same features as the Starburst sets did. It would need to have some sick artwork or something for me to buy it though because this would be my fourth "copy" of the entire series on DVD.
                  Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Wow, this is fantastic news. I started watching Farscape last week and I've already gone through the first two seasons - a brilliant series. Sadly I don't have the DVDs so this is a golden opportunity.

Hopefully, someone youtubes the Comic con panel.

Edit: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/55...t-print-2.html

Is it true that A&E has ridiculous DVD prices as well (like ADV)? It's going to be tough if the asking price for a single season boxset is $100.
                    Last edited by SpyDude; 02 July 2009, 05:31 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SpyDude View Post
                      Is it true that A&E has ridiculous DVD prices as well (like ADV)? It's going to be tough if the asking price for a single season boxset is going to be $100.
                      Yes and no. They used to be really bad (releasing massive boxsets for high prices with inflated disc counts) but they have gotten better. The best thing about AE is that their stuff tends to get heavily discounted during sales during the year.

I have gotten the complete Space 1999 Megaset for less than $30, the Prisoner Megaset for the same, Danger Mouse, Kids in the Hall for less than 6$ a season. I know patience will be tough with this, but if they do try to gouge, at least there will still be hope. (here is a good example, the complete Monty Python Megaset (a great set) is $45 http://enews.buy.com/cgi-bin5/DM/y/n...GM0F3M0CbrJ0G4)

Comment

I'm going through the A&E DVD boxsets on Amazon and the prices are okay in my opinion. It'd be great if I could get the Complete Farscape boxset for $200 or under.
                        However, if the megaset has the discs packaged in cardboard sleeves then I'm going for the individual season releases.
                        There is nothing I hate more than complete series DVD sets that have the discs in sleeves.
                        Last edited by SpyDude; 02 July 2009, 05:51 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

so now they announce this!?where was this when i was looking for them 3 months ago....oh well i guess now it will be out for others to enjoy

Comment

Yes!!!! This is awesome news! There is hope that I will eventually get my hands on the season 1 dvds. I hope they at least have the same features as the S1 Starburst sets. *crosses fingers*

I have the S2-4 Starburst sets and haven't seen S1 in ages since I'm on dial-up....
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by SpyDude View Post
                              I'm going through the A&E DVD boxsets on Amazon and the prices are okay in my opinion. It'd be great if I could get the Complete Farscape boxset for $200 or under.
                              However, if the megaset has the discs packaged in cardboard sleeves then I'm going for the individual season releases.
                              There is nothing I hate more than complete series DVD sets that have the discs in sleeves.
                              Most of the new A&E sets come in thinpacks, so that's nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X