Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 266673747576
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1515

Thread: Stargate Novels

First Lieutenant

Default Re: Stargate Novels

What!? Adapting the movie scripts would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
    I was tweeting asking Fandy about upcoming novels, and they've got one with MGM for approval.

Also, from some exchanges between Sally and Joseph Mallozzi, looks like Fandy maybe pursuing novelizing the unmade movie scripts! Which I am really excited about!
    Two great pieces of news! Thanks for sharing this.

Quote Originally Posted by lightsyder View Post
    What!? Adapting the movie scripts would be awesome!
    Agreed.

Sorry it’s taking so long...it’s a process....

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
    I was tweeting asking Fandy about upcoming novels, and they've got one with MGM for approval.

First Lieutenant

Any hints on what's coming to tide us over?

Quote Originally Posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
    Sorry it’s taking so long...it’s a process....
    No need to apologise. I understand the approval process takes forever! Just looking forward to your novel.

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

No spoilers! But perhaps this will help...

After spending some time apart on temporary assignments, SG-1 is reunited for their first off-world mission together in several weeks. The assignment to assess the potential for mining trinium seems routine until members of the team go missing. Who’s taken them and why, and what are the ethical consequences that Sam may have to face if she wants to assure the safe return of her team? With a touch of Irish mythology thrown in, the story is set towards the end of S4, just prior to the Episode “Entity”. It’s team-focused, although slightly Sam-centric, and the events, as they unfold, are meant to illuminate why the Entity ultimately chose to take over Sam in that S4 episode. There are direct ties to events in The Serpent’s Venom, as well as some callbacks to Divide and Conquer, Beneath the Surface and The Light, if anyone is interested in refreshing their memory on those episodes!

Quote Originally Posted by lightsyder View Post
    Any hints on what's coming to tide us over?

First Lieutenant

Cannot wait! Sounds like a fun read!

Staff Sergeant

Awesome news, both the film scripts and the new novel! So much happened in S4, I cannot wait to read the novel. I love it when the novels include references to and bring back past events we saw on screen and work with them some more!

Hey everyone! Just wanted to update you. Stargate SG-1: Infiltration (formerly called “Within”) is due to be released on July 11th! That’s definite for the eBook, and hopefully the paperbacks will also be available that day or a day or two later. Thanks for your patience!

STARGATE SG-1: Infiltration (SG1-32) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TCNGTBB..._.IzdDbECJ6HVW

Quote Originally Posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
    Hey everyone! Just wanted to update you. Stargate SG-1: Infiltration (formerly called “Within”) is due to be released on July 11th! That’s definite for the eBook, and hopefully the paperbacks will also be available that day or a day or two later. Thanks for your patience!

STARGATE SG-1: Infiltration (SG1-32) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TCNGTBB..._.IzdDbECJ6HVW
    Thanks for posting the news, AstraPerAspera.

Two things:

1.) A new Stargate novel is always welcome news. That it's coming out in a couple weeks is even better news! Looking forward to picking this up. Sounds like an interesting story based on the blurb.

2.) I like that the publisher is pushing the release date of the paperback closer to the eBook release date. In the past, we'd have to wait a month or more for the dead tree edition to drop after the eBook version. I prefer buying all of the SG-1 and SG:A novels in paperback, so I thoroughly endorse this new policy.

First Lieutenant

Less of a wait for paperback is awesome news! Can’t wait to read this one.

Any updates on adapting the unreleased movies as books?

I’m happy the eBook and paperbacks are being released close together/simultaneously too! I can’t speak to it with absolute authority but I think the typical lag is due to them probably just wanting to get the books out there asap, which can happen more quickly in the eBook format whereas physical products depend on getting a printing slot and can take a while longer. But the stars seem to have aligned this time!

As to the scripts for the unproduced movies, that’s really in MGM’s hands and rather complicated. At the Chicago Gateway Con yesterday, the MGM staff of Stargate Command hinted broadly that there might be some news later this summer, possibly at a celebration being planned for the 15th anniversary of SGA. All I can say is, stay tuned!

Thanks for the update.

A little idea: Why do you not open a new thread for every novel? I believe it could work if every story could be discusses individually.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

It may also be due to the change in how they're handling printed novels now. IIRC it's now an on-demand thing through Amazon.

Fantastic news about the new book, though! Eagerly awaiting!

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon