X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's some Stargate book news!

From author Keith R. A. DeCandido's blog:

Stargate SG-1. I'll be doing a short story for Fandemonium's next Stargate anthology, and just like my last one, it's going to focus on Carter and Teal'c. Unlike the last one, it's a post-finale story, with Carter in command of the George Hammond. The story will be called "Sun-Breaker." I'm also in very preliminary talks about a new novel, but we're not past the stage where I say, "hey, I'd like to do another novel."

Comment

Look for another anthology of SG-1/SGA short stories coming from Fandamonium late Spring/early Summer, including stories by Keith R.A. DeCandido, Geonn Cannon, Melissa Scott and others (including yours truly!) Also, there are a few novels waiting in the wings for approval, so have no fear...more Stargate stories are on the way!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
        Look for another anthology of SG-1/SGA short stories coming from Fandamonium late Spring/early Summer, including stories by Keith R.A. DeCandido, Geonn Cannon, Melissa Scott and others (including yours truly!) Also, there are a few novels waiting in the wings for approval, so have no fear...more Stargate stories are on the way!
        When will your story be set, in-series or post-series?

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
          When will your story be set, in-series or post-series?
          Mine is set shortly after S8 Threads/Moebius, so technically between S8 and S9.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
            Mine is set shortly after S8 Threads/Moebius, so technically between S8 and S9.
            Cool. Thanks for the response.

Comment

Man, I need a Stargate fix!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                If you are referring to "The Power Behind the Throne", there will never be another book on that series. It was supposed to be a trilogy, but apparently MGM and the publishers didn't like what the author was doing and cancelled the next two books in the series.
                Yes that is the one. Poor SG-1, stuck in limbo! I can understand not wanting to continue it, it was pretty bad. It is just my wanting to complete something that drives me to want them to finish it.

Comment

Did it end on a cliffhanger? I thought the ending had been tweaked to allow for the possibility of books 2 and 3 not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
                    Did it end on a cliffhanger? I thought the ending had been tweaked to allow for the possibility of books 2 and 3 not happening.
                    Spoiler:
                    As I remember the ending, everyone except Jack had entered the gate in order to return to the SGC. Jack was talking to one of the good/bad guys and so had not entered the gate. The wrong thing about that (which the writer apparently didn't think of) was that after being on that planet for a month or more with no contact with the SGC, their security codes would have been locked out and by entering the gate without putting any codes in they pretty much splattered up on the iris on the SGC end. From what I recall, they were supposed to have gotten back to the SGC to find that it was run by Germans/Nazis or some similar society and it wasn't exactly their earth. I assume we were supposed to find this out in the 2d book that wasn't written.

Comment

Man, I could really use a new SG1 novel....

Comment

Me too. I tweeted Fandy recently but no reply. ;( Hopefully they're working on some great new stuff!
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I really want that proposed series with Sam commanding the Hammond

Comment

They were still working on the first one of that last I heard?
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I hope so!

Comment

SURPRISE!!! We've got an update!

The next short story anthology is now available for pre-order on Amazon!

US Site - STARGATE SG-1 ATLANTIS: Homeworlds : Volume three of the Travelers' Tales (SGX Book 5)

UK Site - STARGATE SG-1 ATLANTIS: Homeworlds : Volume three of the Travelers' Tales (SGX Book 5)
                                Last edited by SamJackShipper93; 16 June 2017, 08:47 PM.
                                sigpic
                                The Return of King Arthur
                                Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                                acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Working...
                                X