Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's there, last novel in the list you posted That's the first book in the trilogy.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Just brought Valhalla and to my dismay the "Thank you for your order" screen displayed :
      * For UK orders, please allow 1-2 days for delivery.
      * For International orders, please allow 5-10 days for delivery.

Sigh. If only they were still printing in the UK, it might actually be a 1-2 day delivery. lol
      sigpic

Comment

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of "Survival of the Fittest" without paying c£40?
        sigpic
        I Believe
        My FanFiction

Comment

Originally posted by katikatnik View Post
          New schedule:
          November 2009 - SGA 11 - "Dead End" by Chris Wraight
          Oh, boy, they didn't screw up with the numbering, did they? I thought Angelus was SGA 11...

Comment

Originally posted by Osiristi View Post
            Oh, boy, they didn't screw up with the numbering, did they? I thought Angelus was SGA 11...
            They screwed up the numbering on the website. Dead End should be #12, Brimstone #13, and Hunt and Run #14.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
              It's there, last novel in the list you posted That's the first book in the trilogy.
              Aha, they changed the title than. It used to be called "Shadows".

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
              Just brought Valhalla and to my dismay the "Thank you for your order" screen displayed :
              * For UK orders, please allow 1-2 days for delivery.
              * For International orders, please allow 5-10 days for delivery.

Sigh. If only they were still printing in the UK, it might actually be a 1-2 day delivery. lol
              Well, I ordered "Nightfall" directly from Stargatenovels and it took them 6 weeks to deliver it to me. 5-10 for international orders, my butt. Since then, I order only through Amazon - sure, they get it later but I still get it faster from Amazon than directly from Fandemonium.

Originally posted by Osiristi View Post
              I wrote to Mark at Fandemonium and told him about it. I hope it's just a mistake on the site and that it won't get carried over on the covers too. That would be quite lame.

Originally posted by Mis.Understood View Post
              Does anyone know where I can get a copy of "Survival of the Fittest" without paying c£40?
              I have the same problem with "Halcyon", the only book that I'm still missing...

Comment

Does anyone know if the Bill McCay novels that were a followup to the original movie are any good? I picked up the first three (Rebellion, Retaliation, and Retribution) but haven't yet gotten a chance to read them.

Also picked up the second of the Roc SG-1 novels, The Price You Pay, and its excellent so far. Don't have any of the fandemonium ones yet.

The comic series' that Dynamite is putting out have me very excited. Dave Dorman (arguably my favorite modern painter period) is doing the covers for all three series, and they have top talent on both writing and art. My only problem is the wait. #0 comes out in november, but we have to wait till January for the three # 1 issues...
                "All I wanna do is see the universe and eat pie"
                "Who doesn't?"

Comment

The Price You Pay is the only decent one out of the SG1 Roc novels. The rest are just plain ridiculous and out there. As for the Fandy ones...I recommend you get them dude. Aside from one or two, they are extremely well written (would hope so being written by professional fans).

And the McCay novels. The writing is dated - just like the old Alien ones - but the stories are interesting none-the-less. You've just gotta remember this isn't SG-1 as you read them.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                    A complete list of books can be found at

http://www.stargatenovels.com/books.shtml
                    Wonders why stargatenovels has two different SGA books with the same book #

Title STARGATE ATLANTIS: Dead End
                    Series no. SGA-11
                    Author Chris Wraight
                    ISBN-10 1-905586-22-1
                    ISBN-13 978-1-905586-22-6
                    Price UK £6.99 | US $7.95 | Canada $9.95
                    Licensed markets USA, Canada, UK, Aus, NZ, S.Africa

Title STARGATE ATLANTIS: Angelus
                    Series no. SGA-11
                    Author Peter Evans
                    ISBN-10 1-905586-18-3
                    ISBN-13 978-1-905586-18-9
                    Price UK £6.99 | US $7.95 | Canada $9.95
                    Licensed markets USA, Canada, UK, Aus, NZ, S.Africa
                    Publication date March 2009

I have Angelus book #11 in my collection so I know that is the right one. So why give the same # to Dead End?
                    Please help my dragon eggs CLICK HERE My fanfics

Comment

They don't really take that much care of their website. For example, half of their pages all have the title Stargate SG-1 - Cost of Honor or etc.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Domino View Post
                        Does anyone know if the Bill McCay novels that were a followup to the original movie are any good? I picked up the first three (Rebellion, Retaliation, and Retribution) but haven't yet gotten a chance to read them.

Also picked up the second of the Roc SG-1 novels, The Price You Pay, and its excellent so far. Don't have any of the fandemonium ones yet.

The comic series' that Dynamite is putting out have me very excited. Dave Dorman (arguably my favorite modern painter period) is doing the covers for all three series, and they have top talent on both writing and art. My only problem is the wait. #0 comes out in november, but we have to wait till January for the three # 1 issues...
                        I actually thought the Bill McKay novels were pretty good stand-alone novels (from the TV series). Many of the novelizations based off the TV shows, well, they're like an EEG - up and down in quality I'd avoid the novelizations of the pilots as they're basically pretty much the dialogue word for word and not much new is really added

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                          I'd avoid the novelizations of the pilots as they're basically pretty much the dialogue word for word and not much new is really added
                          I can't speak to the other adaptations, but that's certainly not true of the SGU novelization I've just completed; there are several scenes appearing there that were either cut from the pilot for timing reasons, or are completely new...

Out Now:
                          Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
                          Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
                          "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
                          ---------------------------------------------------
                          Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by JMSwallow View Post
                            I can't speak to the other adaptations, but that's certainly not true of the SGU novelization I've just completed; there are several scenes appearing there that were either cut from the pilot for timing reasons, or are completely new...
                            Cool. I was planning on picking this up anyway, but now I definitely will.
                            "All I wanna do is see the universe and eat pie"
                            "Who doesn't?"

Comment

Originally posted by JMSwallow View Post
                              That's also the case of the Atlantis pilot novelization, especially in scenes set on Earth prior to the expedition leaving.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I wrote to Fandemonium about the wrong numbering of SGA novels on their site and Mark responded that they would correct it. Just FYI

Comment

Working...
                                X