Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I ordered "Nightfall" directly from Stargatenovels and it took them 6 weeks to deliver it to me. 5-10 for international orders, my butt. Since then, I order only through Amazon - sure, they get it later but I still get it faster from Amazon than directly from Fandemonium.

Wow! That's a long wait time. I haven't had that yet, I've had nothing but positive experiences with ordering from overseas (Australia). I also order at stargate.novels.com and have never had an order take more then 10 days to arrive. Usually it's 8 days like clockwork and i've ordered many times. It's sad you had a bad experience with them.

Comment

It's been 8 days since I ordered Valhalla. :/ Comeon Fandy! Don't let me down. It does say on their e-mail though - * For non-US orders, please allow 10+ days for delivery.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
        It's been 8 days since I ordered Valhalla. :/ Comeon Fandy! Don't let me down. It does say on their e-mail though - * For non-US orders, please allow 10+ days for delivery.
        Odd...I ordered mine as soon as I got my e-mail to say it was released and got it yesterday...and I live in a random little village up in Scotland.

Comment

If my sister isn't yanking my chain, the book just got here. Am heading home in an hour or so to get it
          sigpic

Comment

I'm curious. What's the one thing that you wouldn't want to see in any future SG books?

SG-1 - Sam/Jack shipping. It just makes them look unprofessional and should be left to fanfiction only.

SGA - any more kidnapped!Keller plots and plot-twists. That horse was beaten to death by SG's TPTB, resurrected and smashed to a bloody pulp again.

Comment

Originally posted by katikatnik View Post
              I'm curious. What's the one thing that you wouldn't want to see in any future SG books?

SG-1 - Sam/Jack shipping. It just makes them look unprofessional and should be left to fanfiction only.
              I agree that the fully on ship shoud be left to fan fic but I think that undercurrents should still be there.
              sigpic
              I Believe
              My FanFiction

Comment

http://www.stargatenovels.com/books.shtml

Of course, go to page to click on links for full info...

Updated 28 September 2009

Title STARGATE ATLANTIS: Death Game
                Series no. SGA-15

Author Jo Graham
                ISBN-10 1-905586-47-7
                ISBN-13 978-1-905586-47-9
                Price UK £6.99 | US $7.95 | Canada $9.95
                Licensed markets USA, Canada, UK, Aus, NZ, S.Africa
                Publication date July 2010 *NYP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title STARGATE SG-1: Four Dragons
                Series no. SG1-16

Author Diana Botsford
                ISBN-10 1-905586-48-5
                ISBN-13 978-1-905586-48-6
                Publication date June 2010 *NYP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title STARGATE SG-1: The Power Behind the Throne
                Series no. SG1-15

Author Steven Savile
                ISBN-10 1-905586-45-0
                ISBN-13 978-1-905586-45-5
                Publication date May 2010 *NYP

Title STARGATE ATLANTIS: Hunt and Run
                Series no. SGA-14

Author Aaron Rosenberg
                ISBN-10 1-905586-44-2
                ISBN-13 978-1-905586-44-8
                Publication date April 2010 *NYP

Title STARGATE ATLANTIS: Brimstone
                Series no. SGA-13

Author David Niall Wilson and Patricia Macomber
                ISBN-10 1-905586-20-5
                ISBN-13 978-1-905586-20-2
                Publication date December 2009 February 2010 *NYP (Sorry, this title has been delayed because of delays in the approval process)

Title STARGATE UNIVERSE: Air
                Series no. SGU-01

Author James Swallow
                ISBN-10 1-905586-46-9
                ISBN-13 978-1-905586-46-2
                Publication date November 2009 *NYP

Title STARGATE ATLANTIS: Dead End
                Series no. SGA-12

Author Chris Wraight
                ISBN-10 1-905586-22-1
                ISBN-13 978-1-905586-22-6
                Publication date November 2009 *NYP

Title STARGATE SG-1: Valhalla
                Series no. SG1-14
                Author Tim Waggoner
                ISBN-10 1-905586-19-1
                ISBN-13 978-1-905586-19-6
                Publication date September 2009

More at link above; just posted the to-be-published ones we're waiting for

Comment

Oh man. i know they can't help it but the constant delays and pushing back release dates is really painful.

Comment

I work in the publishing industry, specifically the fantasy/urban fantasy/scifi branch, so I understand delays - but this is getting slowly (or quickly) ridiculous. By the way they are going, we shouldn't count on any of the dates. We won't probably get to see half the books listed here next year either

Comment

Originally posted by katikatnik View Post
                      I work in the publishing industry, specifically the fantasy/urban fantasy/scifi branch, so I understand delays - but this is getting slowly (or quickly) ridiculous. By the way they are going, we shouldn't count on any of the dates. We won't probably get to see half the books listed here next year either
                      How many books actually came out when they were supposed to so far this year? I'm maybe Angelus?

Comment

Night Fall and Angelus were the only ones released this year out of 2 or 3 more books that kept getting pushed back.
                        Please help my dragon eggs CLICK HERE My fanfics

Comment

Who cares? The quality of their books is worth the wait. Always.
                          sigpic

Comment

I care. I'm in withdrawal.

I was happily waiting for an SGA book to be released in June, but then the release for it (and the others following) was moved up and up and up...think it will be almost 6mths late by the time it comes out.

The lack of new SGA novels forced me to go buy all the SG1 books and start reading them. Lordy what a hardship!

Seriously though, do you think that the delays at the present time (when Atlantis has been finished for many, many months and BW has now stated in his latest interview that the movies are definitely on hold) is a missed opportunity to draw in some fans who are looking for some SGA action before they move on to other fandoms? (not my opinion, just a question)

Comment

I know I care, I've given up with the Stargate Novels site sorry but I find it quite useless everytime I tried to buy SGA books it wont let me so I use Amazon UK an they are usless, back in Feb they had 2 of the SGA books on pre order for Jun then Jul that was pushed back to Aug & Sept then the 3rd book for Oct( lost track of the titles then I dont care as long as they are SGA books). Then the 2 of bloody things pushed back again to Oct with the 3rd being Nov.

Then I get a email last week from Amazon March bloody 2010 but crappy S G bloody U Nov 2009 Sorry I'm so p'd off at the mo, the books are my only way to get a SGA fix an its getting stupid.

Its about time they put in to print again The Choosen, Halycon an Exgenogsis as I still cant get these for love nor money an thats frustrating as well, oh well that my rant over
                              Atlantis Rocks

sigpic SGA the right people in the right place

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis Rocks View Post
                                I know I care, I've given up with the Stargate Novels site sorry but I find it quite useless everytime I tried to buy SGA books it wont let me so I use Amazon UK an they are usless, back in Feb they had 2 of the SGA books on pre order for Jun then Jul that was pushed back to Aug & Sept then the 3rd book for Oct( lost track of the titles then I dont care as long as they are SGA books). Then the 2 of bloody things pushed back again to Oct with the 3rd being Nov.

Then I get a email last week from Amazon March bloody 2010 but crappy S G bloody U Nov 2009 Sorry I'm so p'd off at the mo, the books are my only way to get a SGA fix an its getting stupid.

Its about time they put in to print again The Choosen, Halycon an Exgenogsis as I still cant get these for love nor money an thats frustrating as well, oh well that my rant over
                                I totally understand your frustration although I don't get quite as upset about it. My sister has introduced me to Farscape and, although it's a little too far fetched for my taste, it's at least given me something else to feed my sci-fi addiction. The SG1 books are also helping, I'm enjoying those more then I ever did the show.

As for The Chosen, Halcyon and Exogenesis, I found mine on ebay (bulk lot of 8 books for $11 included all three titles, I just resold the books in the lot that I already had)..I also got a bulk lot with those titles in it for my sister for $8 and another lot of 5 books with The Chosen (which I gave away to someone on this site who never ever let me know if they even read it) as well as Exogenesis and Halcyon included (cost $7)which I resold for a huge profit. I also picked up a set of 5 SG1 books that included Siren Song and Survival of the fittest, also hard to find books.

I find the trick is to be patient, check daily and search for bulk lots not just those individual titles. People looking for Halcyon will put 'Stargate Halcyon' in the search bar, not 'Stargate bulk lot' or 'Stargate set of' in the search bar and they miss the lots that have those books included because the key word doesn't show up. IYKWIM? Also useing a snipe like gixen.com is a handy trick.

Still, a reprint of these books would make life much easier for many fans and surely there's enough interest for the publisher to do so when folks are willing to part with, in some cases, over $100 to buy one of these books.

Comment

Working...
                                X