This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
    Can anyone tell me why the price of the Stargate novels and novellas went up?

Novellas used to be $7.95 USD now there $13.95 USD.
    Novels used to be $10.95 USD now there $16.95 USD.

On plus side, thou, it looks like the paperbacks are now available on Barnes and Noble's website.
    I think it's because they're Print on Demand editions now.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
      I think it's because they're Print on Demand editions now.
      Well the last time I got a novel in print, it was $10.95 USD and a novella was $7.95 USD and that was the novel Infiltration. Apparently way back when they first came out and were sold in bookstores, they were $7.95 USD. I'm thinking maybe it has something to with the new distributor and the fact there was a whole year with no new novels because the price now, $16.95 USD, is about what I paid for the last Star Trek novel I got. I don't know what the price of the e-book version was before but it looks as if that price didn't change.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
        Well the last time I got a novel in print, it was $10.95 USD and a novella was $7.95 USD and that was the novel Infiltration. Apparently way back when they first came out and were sold in bookstores, they were $7.95 USD. I'm thinking maybe it has something to with the new distributor and the fact there was a whole year with no new novels because the price now, $16.95 USD, is about what I paid for the last Star Trek novel I got. I don't know what the price of the e-book version was before but it looks as if that price didn't change.
        The Star Trek novels have gone to the larger paperback (or trade paperback, if you prefer) size. That accounts for the 100% increase in price (the mmpb sized Trek novels were traditionally $7.99 USD).

The "new" Print on Demand Stargate novels are still mmpb size, but the higher price point (I presume) is due to manufacturing costs since they don't carry extra copies "in stock." You order it, they make it. The price, though, for these hard copies of Stargate novels has gotten pretty nuts, I agree.

But thankfully, the eBook prices have remained somewhat consistent (and affordable), so I think of the physical copies of these novels as more of collectible editions now. I ordered the three newly available eNovellas in print from Amazon a few weeks ago -- just to "complete" my Stargate novel collection. The price I paid for these three slim volumes was bananas, so I may just content myself with eBook editions of new Stargate novels from here on out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
          The Star Trek novels have gone to the larger paperback (or trade paperback, if you prefer) size. That accounts for the 100% increase in price (the mmpb sized Trek novels were traditionally $7.99 USD).

The "new" Print on Demand Stargate novels are still mmpb size, but the higher price point (I presume) is due to manufacturing costs since they don't carry extra copies "in stock." You order it, they make it. The price, though, for these hard copies of Stargate novels has gotten pretty nuts, I agree.

But thankfully, the eBook prices have remained somewhat consistent (and affordable), so I think of the physical copies of these novels as more of collectible editions now. I ordered the three newly available eNovellas in print from Amazon a few weeks ago -- just to "complete" my Stargate novel collection. The price I paid for these three slim volumes was bananas, so I may just content myself with eBook editions of new Stargate novels from here on out.
          Thanks for the reply. I might wait for Black Friday or Cyber Monday and see what sales or coupons Barnes and Nobles has at that time since they're not doing much in the way of coupons and such because of the pandemic.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Definitely more than I want to pay for three novellas but seeing as they are the only Fandemonium books I don't have physical copies of it's a given I'll buy them...lol

Comment

Fandy have SG1 and Atlantis books in the pipeline, hoping for release early 2021.

https://twitter.com/_CorporalHicks/s...96322412363776
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                Fandy have SG1 and Atlantis books in the pipeline, hoping for release early 2021.

https://twitter.com/_CorporalHicks/s...96322412363776
                This is indeed good news! I was hoping we would see more.

Comment

I recently read though the Sacrifice Moon novel. It's the only one I've managed to get my hands on because my local library just so happened to have it.

Comment

As far as novels to start with go, it's not a bad one considering it's chronological placement! lol How did you enjoy it? I keep meaning to go back and revisit some of the older ones myself.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I liked it pretty well! Snrk, arguably best line, Lime Contamination.

The slow break down was wild though. The moment by the fire just drove home the "Oh No
                      " feeling

Comment

Anyof the novels who deals with the ancients?

Comment

I bought the Stargate Atlantis Legacy books for my Fire Tablet. Yep, I went digital. Amazon had them on sale for around $5 Canadian so I figured I'd grab them at that price!
                          Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

What episodes or books are these short stories in this book set after, as it's not in the novel timeline created by lightsyder, specified in the book or on the wikia's page(s) for each story. Mainly these one's (episode range will work if it's hard to tell what episode):
                            Blinded by the Light (SG-1) ---> after what SG-1 Season 3 episode
                            Sun-Breaker (SG-1) ---> after SGU's ?
                            They Shoot Heroes, Don’t They? (SG-1) ---> after after what SG-1 Season 5 episode
                            Second Time Sateda (SGA) ---> after what SGA Season 5 episode
                            The Player on the Other Side (SGA) ---> after after what SGA Season 3 episode

and these two I know are set after Legacy Part 8 - The Third Path, but which one is first and which one is second:
                            The Mysteries of Emege
                            Worshipper

Edit: Where would From the Depths fit in lightsyder's timeline?
                            Last edited by planet_tv; 10 October 2021, 03:36 PM.

Comment

I just recently ordered my remaining 4 books of SGA - Legacy series so I can finally read them all in order.

But are there still new SG books being published by Fandemonium?
                              I have the impression it's been a while already since there were any new books?

Comment

Originally posted by DrMckay View Post
                                I just recently ordered my remaining 4 books of SGA - Legacy series so I can finally read them all in order.

But are there still new SG books being published by Fandemonium?
                                I have the impression it's been a while already since there were any new books?
                                Yeah, I think it's been a few years now since we got a new book for SGA or SG1. I need a fix! Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X