Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know if any new novels are coming out??

Comment

Is Fandemonium doing something because I noticed some of their other books no longer have a paperback version on Amazon just kindle only (excluding From the Depths, Wild Blue and The Lost Queen)?

In example, AstraPerAspera's novel Infiltration is now kindle only at this time just like Geonn Cannon's Female of the Species. This makes me glad I got Infiltration at Christmas last year.

I have all the novels expect for the 3 kindle only (From the Depths, Wild Blue and The Lost Queen) and Female of the Species, so I was just wondering for the Gateworld members who might be missing some.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

It would be nice if the fans could write a little summary for every Stargate novels. I have seen some infos on different wikipedia sites, just it would be cool to write down in 2-3 paragraphs the main story of every SG novels. Maybe the end could be placed in spoiler tags or something. I believe this step would be an even better way to convince other fans to buy and to read them, while we could integrate the events of the novels into the extended lore.

I would interested which Goa'uld Systemlords have showed up in the SG novels. Are there any new ones? Have we learned any new Jaffa symbols?
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          It would be nice if the fans could write a little summary for every Stargate novels. I have seen some infos on different wikipedia sites, just it would be cool to write down in 2-3 paragraphs the main story of every SG novels. Maybe the end could be placed in spoiler tags or something. I believe this step would be an even better way to convince other fans to buy and to read them, while we could integrate the events of the novels into the extended lore.

I would interested which Goa'uld Systemlords have showed up in the SG novels. Are there any new ones? Have we learned any new Jaffa symbols?
          This is an eventual goal of mine assuming ng I can every find time and catch up in reading enough to re-read them...

Comment

So what I wanted to say to write story summaries for those who haven't read them if it is allowed or not.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

An update from Fandy via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/stargatenov...dV-w&__tn__=-R

If you're wondering what's happening with Crossroad Press, we are changing our distribution system and consolidating our print and ebook operations which meant that we needed to move away from Crossroad. We have enjoyed working with them, but it was not logistically possible to maintain the relationship.

So within the next month or so, you will be able to get ebooks and print copies of all of our books through Amazon or a distributor that works with Ingram Spark.*

* If you haven't heard of Ingram Spark, don't worry - they are a book distributor that works with book stores so it's unlikely that you will deal with them directly. However, it means that our print and ebooks will be available to a wider range of book stores.

If you have any questions, please leave a comment here and we'll try to answer it.

And before you ask, yes, there are new books on the way. We've just been having a bit of break from producing new titles, but we can reveal that there are a couple of SG1 titles in the works.
              Very glad to hear stuff is in the works. Need my SG fix! I wonder what happened with that attempt to novelize Extinction?
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                An update from Fandy via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/stargatenov...dV-w&__tn__=-R

Very glad to hear stuff is in the works. Need my SG fix! I wonder what happened with that attempt to novelize Extinction?
                Thank you for posting this. Now I will finally be able to get a print copy of Female of the Species and maybe From the Depths, Wild Blue and The Lost Queen will finally make it to paperback.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Excellent news! I just finished a SG-1 rewatch. I need new material!

Comment

That's good to hear. Glad new content is still being made too.
                    After years away, rewatching Stargate from the beginning...
                    Last watched episode: SG-1 S3 E15 - Pretense

Comment

So, we're making progress on the new distribution system which means that now every Stargate novel ever published is available in print - now and forever! - through the 'miracle' of print on demand.

You can now go into independent booksellers around the world and order a Stargate novel. Just tell them they're available from Ingram Spark (that's the printer/distribution company we have chosen to work with).

With Ingram Spark, our paperbacks are easily available to retailers in the US, Canada, Europe (including the UK!), Australia and New Zealand.

There are a few novellas that have never been in print, but we are pleased to say that these titles will be also be available in paperback in the next couple of weeks: Lost Queen, Wild Blue and From the Depths.

Meanwhile all of our titles continue to be available as ebooks.

Looking for an Independent book seller? These sites can help:
                      US: www.Indiebound.org
                      UK: booksellers.org.uk/bookshopsearch and www.hive.co.uk
                      AUS: indies.com.au/stores/

Hope you enjoy the novels!
                      https://www.facebook.com/stargatenov...type=3&theater
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                        Thanks for posting this. It's good to hear that From the Depths, Wild Blue and The Lost Queen will finally be in paperback.

Comment

Does anyone know if they've tried or have any desire to make novelizations of the unmade movies Revolution and Extinction?
                          After years away, rewatching Stargate from the beginning...
                          Last watched episode: SG-1 S3 E15 - Pretense

Comment

Originally posted by rocketcat View Post
                            Does anyone know if they've tried or have any desire to make novelizations of the unmade movies Revolution and Extinction?
                            I think Joseph Mallozzi was trying to do something with Extinction but I don't know if anything happened with that.

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                              Thanks for posting this. It's good to hear that From the Depths, Wild Blue and The Lost Queen will finally be in paperback.
                              Yes! I'm pleased about that one too!

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                              I think Joseph Mallozzi was trying to do something with Extinction but I don't know if anything happened with that.
                              They seemed to have reached out to each other, but we never saw anything after that.
                              sigpic

Comment

Can anyone tell me why the price of the Stargate novels and novellas went up?

Novellas used to be $7.95 USD now there $13.95 USD.
                                Novels used to be $10.95 USD now there $16.95 USD.

On plus side, thou, it looks like the paperbacks are now available on Barnes and Noble's website.

Comment

Working...
                                X