Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: Stargate Novels

Default Re: Stargate Literature

In other words, buy 'em all.
    Yepp that is a good statment.
    I try to get all which are in reach of me here in Germany.

The only one of the SG1 novels i don't like is "City of the Gods".
    But the rest is awsome.
    So what would you think about Alar?
    I'm not sure he is concealing something.
    What do you think it is?
    I do not know. He's concealing it!

Second Lieutenant

I go straight to the pub's site - www.stargatenovels.com I find they are cheaper on postage then amazon. I've enjoyed most of them except for Nightfall and Angelus, found them hard to get into and I struggled to finish them. (but alot was going on in real life so that was more likely the reason then the story itself)

My faves- Mirror Mirror, Halcyon, Exogenesis, The Chosen, and Casualties of war.

I would recommend getting them. The website above is great as is Amazon, which is where I have gotten mine. I think I got one at a local Barnes and Noble in the Sci-Fi section. I love them and am looking at some re-reads once I get a stack of books down of other authors. I have not read many of the early books and now they are out of print for the most part, so just have to keep my eyes open at used book stores and online. I may be one of the few then that enjoyed "Nightfall". Granted, I tend to enjoy them all although a few can be hard to follow, hence the re-reads needed! Mirror, Mirror is one of those for sure but was also very enjoyable. Just pick one up and see what you think!

Second Lieutenant

The other place to get them is Ebay. I've picked some bargins up there (like the first 8 Atlantis books inc Halcyon and Exogenesis for $8) You'll Find 'The Chosen'', "Halcyon', Éxogeneses', 'Siren Song', and 'Survival of the Fittest', are way to expensive for most people though, but I find that a lot of people miss them when they're offered as 'bulk lot of Stargate books' because folks search for the individual titles when they're after those ones.

Wow, it sounds like there's a lot of books out there. I enjoy a good read and find myself craving new Stargate stories since Atlantis ended.

I will have to check these sites out and see what I can find.

I forgot to ask, are these books in chronological order?
    "The last time I came face to face with myself, I ended up kicking my own ass."

Quote Originally Posted by sparkle View Post
    I forgot to ask, are these books in chronological order?
    Not really. The SG-1 books jump around all over the place in terms of timeline; the Atlantis books are sort of in order, though that's probably just a happy accident resulting from Fandemonium starting up the book line not too long before Atlantis started airing. A few of the books actually do have a note at the beginning of the book giving an approximate date for the story (usually a 'between x episode and y episode'); other times, clues in the first couple of chapters will give an indication as to when the events of the book take place.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Second Lieutenant

Anybody know what the latest release dates are for the books that were supposed to be released last month, this month and (I think) next month?

Nothing new is listed on the stargatenovels website and I'm pretty sure there were supposed to be new releases for SGA books.

If you enjoy the books or have any questions, see the author's thread here on GW!! THe authors are very friendly and helpful, and once in awhile, they'll post links to snippits of their upcoming books.

I get all my books from Fandemonium. I've had nothing but great service from them! I have also found them at Barnes and Noble and Waldenbooks (Borders).

Bugs' Carrot Keeper leeman15251's Avatar

I buy my stargate books at barns and noble. There are a few that was sold out that i saw on other sites.

Do all the SG-1 books have O'Neill in them? Are there any with Mitchell??

I bought one of the Atlantis books--it was pretty good. Can't remember the title.
    Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
    I'm a 60%er!
    ~~~Iawen~~~

One has Mitchell in. Roswell.

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Colonel
    Second door on the left at the top of the stairs

Wink Re: Stargate Literature

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
    One has Mitchell in. Roswell.
    that is an excellent book, mitchell AND vala! very good !

Smile Re: Stargate Literature

After doing some looking around (with the helpful suggestions of everyone, thank you so much), I have decided what I want for Christmas: Stargate books.

More of Daniel, yay.

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvit View Post
    Anybody know what the latest release dates are for the books that were supposed to be released last month, this month and (I think) next month?

Nothing new is listed on the stargatenovels website and I'm pretty sure there were supposed to be new releases for SGA books.
    I wrote directly to Fandemonium and Mark responded with this schedule:

SG1-14 Valhalla by Tim Waggoner October 2009
    SGA-12 Brimstone by David Niall Wilson & Patricia Lee Macomber November 2009
    SGA-13 Dead End by Chris Wraight December 2009

I'm sad that they keep pushing the books back, it happened several times just this year I had all the SGA ones pre-ordered and I had to cancel that order because of all this shuffling, it became a big mess of "not found"s Oh well, at least the comic books will be out with vol. zero next month!

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by katikatnik View Post
    I wrote directly to Fandemonium and Mark responded with this schedule:

SG1-14 Valhalla by Tim Waggoner October 2009
    SGA-12 Brimstone by David Niall Wilson & Patricia Lee Macomber November 2009
    SGA-13 Dead End by Chris Wraight December 2009

I'm sad that they keep pushing the books back, it happened several times just this year I had all the SGA ones pre-ordered and I had to cancel that order because of all this shuffling, it became a big mess of "not found"s Oh well, at least the comic books will be out with vol. zero next month!
    I get frustrated with the constant pushing back of release dates but I understand that some things can't be helped. I will always line up to buy the new books for myself. I thought about buying two books each time they are released, one for me, one for my sis who usually pesters me to let her read mine, but she's stopped asking when the next book is coming out and moved onto my collection of Star Trek books instead ( hoping the extended delays doesn't mean she's lost interest). I'm almost ready to go reread them as well to fill in time. lol. I'll never lose interest though.

I'm always willing to wait because they're worth it. Fandy's stuff is high class.

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Quote Originally Posted by katikatnik View Post
    Oh well, at least the comic books will be out with vol. zero next month!
    There's going to be comics too?!

(I apologize for my lack of knowledge as I am limited by a dial-up internet connection)

Quote Originally Posted by sparkle View Post
    There's going to be comics too?!
    Yup, Dynamite Entertainment will be publishing comic books for all three series, continuing with SG-1 season 11 and SGA season 6. I don't know about SGU, I didn't read that part because I'm not interested in it.

Oh yeah,Stargate Books are excellent and great reads audio and non audio.

I have 2 SG-1 books Siren Song and City of the Gods. I've only read Siren Song it was very good and read a little bit of City of the Gods. Stopped reading that one as i got a SGA novel and they are awsome.

I have all but 1 or 2 of the newest SGA releases. The Stragate SGA novels are excellent reads and the authors have done an excellent job contiuing Stargate and allowing us fans to go on futher missions with the team and exploring more of the Pegasus Galaxy.

Same goes for the audio books. I have Perchance to dream read by Paul McGillion and it is very well read by himhe did awsome and the story is great!

Stargate Books Audio and non audio are defently worth it
    GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!