Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 104
  1. #1
    Mighty Avenger - Moderator Madwelshboy's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between the lab and labour ward
    Posts
    11,412

    Default Camille Wray/Ming Na Discussion/WOW/Appreciation

    This thread is for those that enjoy and wish to discuss the actor Ming Na and her SGU, IOA accountant Camille Wray.

    It is NOT a place to debate the merits of the character,its also not the place dish the private aspects of the actor's life.

    The IOA just got sexy!!




















    And the best saved for last:-


  2. #2
    Captain
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,976

    Default Character Profile - Camile Wray

    ComingSoon.net has your exclusive first look at a "SGU: Stargate Universe" character profile of Camile Wray, played by Ming-Na in the upcoming SyFy show coming this fall.

    "SGU" follows a band of soldiers, scientists and civilians, who must fend for themselves as they are forced through a Stargate when their hidden base comes under attack. The desperate survivors emerge aboard an ancient ship, which is locked on an unknown course and unable to return to Earth. Faced with meeting the most basic needs of food, water and air, the group must unlock the secrets of the ship’s Stargate to survive. The danger, adventure and hope they find on board the Destiny will reveal the heroes and villains among them.

    If you are attending Comic-Con in San Diego, the "SGU: Stargate Universe" panel is at 10:30AM in Ballroom 20 on Friday, July 24. The presentation will include a first look at footage from the show that will probably not be shown anywhere again! Attending the panel will be Robert Carlyle, Brian J. Smith, Elyse Levesque, David Blue, Alaina Huffman, Jamil Walker Smith and Ming-Na alongside series co-creators Brad Wright and Robert Cooper. There is a video at the link

    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=56973

  3. #3

    Default Re: Character Profile - Camile Wray

    MGM's twitter has been posting updates on the different cast pieces all day. Robert Carlyle's piece just went up!! http://twitter.com/MGM_Studios

  4. #4
    Lieutenant Colonel Platschu's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2005
    Location
    King's Lynn, UK
    Posts
    4,461

    Default Re: Character Profile - Camile Wray

    Have you seen the new Wray pictures on MGM website? She looks like a Weir clone, because the clothes are so similar. I hope they will change this.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

    "Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

    "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."


    http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

  5. #5
    Second Lieutenant lmoroney's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    331

    Default Re: Character Profile - Camile Wray

    Quote Originally Posted by Platschu View Post
    Have you seen the new Wray pictures on MGM website? She looks like a Weir clone, because the clothes are so similar. I hope they will change this.
    I like Ming-Na. I like SGU. I like MGM. I like and trust where Brad and Robert are taking the franchise.

    What I cannot understand is why an unmarried(*) Asian character has the surname 'Wray', was she adopted?

    Can someone enlighten me?

    Do we see blonde-haried, blue-eyed guys being called Kawasaki or Cheung?

    :L

    [I assume shes unmarried because of other spoilerific things that have been mentioned about her character on here and elsewhere]

  6. #6
    Lieutenant Colonel Coronach's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Location
    "With my by myself."
    Posts
    3,511

    Default Re: Character Profile - Camile Wray

    Quote Originally Posted by lmoroney View Post
    I like Ming-Na. I like SGU. I like MGM. I like and trust where Brad and Robert are taking the franchise.

    What I cannot understand is why an unmarried(*) Asian character has the surname 'Wray', was she adopted?

    Can someone enlighten me?

    Do we see blonde-haried, blue-eyed guys being called Kawasaki or Cheung?

    :L

    [I assume shes unmarried because of other spoilerific things that have been mentioned about her character on here and elsewhere]
    Maybe they'll explain this. Or it could be the case that she's half-asian, and her father was of a different nationality

    I am quite excited at everything Brad and Rob have been saying about the series, and I'm very optimistic about it.

    Also, I don't think Wray looks like a Weir clone in the slightest, and I loved Weir
    Sig by Pandora's Box

  7. #7
    Captain Phenom's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,645

    Default Re: Character Profile - Camile Wray

    Quote Originally Posted by lmoroney View Post
    I like Ming-Na. I like SGU. I like MGM. I like and trust where Brad and Robert are taking the franchise.

    What I cannot understand is why an unmarried(*) Asian character has the surname 'Wray', was she adopted?

    Can someone enlighten me?

    Do we see blonde-haried, blue-eyed guys being called Kawasaki or Cheung?

    :L

    [I assume shes unmarried because of other spoilerific things that have been mentioned about her character on here and elsewhere]

    That name never struck me as being non-asian. Besides, as was pointed out Coronach the most likely scenario is that her old man is American and she took his name.

  8. #8
    Mighty Avenger - Moderator Madwelshboy's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between the lab and labour ward
    Posts
    11,412

    Default Re: Character Profile - Camile Wray

    I'm sure in the character breakdown the character was listed as Asian-American.

    Anyway I love Ming Na!!

  9. #9
    Ned Low Lahela's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Location
    I'll get back to you on that...
    Posts
    11,967

    Default Re: Character Profile - Camile Wray

    I love what she has to say about her character. It sounds like she'll be nicely complex

  10. #10
    The First One Darren's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Somewhere North of Here
    Posts
    6,360

    Default Re: Character Profile - Camile Wray

    Quote Originally Posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    I'm sure in the character breakdown the character was listed as Asian-American.
    She wasn't listed as Asian in the breakdowns, if memory serves. But Tamara was.

    They cast the best actresses, and make the parts fit.


    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - RSS
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

  11. #11
    Colonel Deevil's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,742

    Default Re: Character Profile - Camile Wray

    Quote Originally Posted by lmoroney View Post
    I like Ming-Na. I like SGU. I like MGM. I like and trust where Brad and Robert are taking the franchise.

    What I cannot understand is why an unmarried(*) Asian character has the surname 'Wray', was she adopted?

    Can someone enlighten me?

    Do we see blonde-haried, blue-eyed guys being called Kawasaki or Cheung?

    :L

    [I assume shes unmarried because of other spoilerific things that have been mentioned about her character on here and elsewhere]

    Does her surname have to be conventionally Asian?

    As for the unmarried thing, I think that's dependant on what state she is from (if in the US) or what country she is from on the international stage. Which makes her character all the more interesting.

  12. #12
    Mighty Avenger - Moderator Madwelshboy's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between the lab and labour ward
    Posts
    11,412

    Default Re: Character Profile - Camile Wray

    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    She wasn't listed as Asian in the breakdowns, if memory serves. But Tamara was.

    They cast the best actresses, and make the parts fit.
    You are indeed correct

  13. #13
    Lieutenant Colonel Platschu's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2005
    Location
    King's Lynn, UK
    Posts
    4,461

    Default Re: Character Profile - Camile Wray

    Maybe you misunderstood me. Her clothes reminded me to Weir, not her character or face. Ming-Na was the nicest actress on the MGM website and I liked too, what she said about the SG franchise in Wray's character profile.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

    "Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

    "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."


    http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

  14. #14
    Mighty Avenger - Moderator Madwelshboy's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between the lab and labour ward
    Posts
    11,412

    Default Re: Camille Wray/Ming Na Discussion/WOW/Appreciation

    From the MGM site








  15. #15
    Lieutenant Colonel Coronach's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Location
    "With my by myself."
    Posts
    3,511

    Default Re: Character Profile - Camile Wray

    Quote Originally Posted by Platschu View Post
    Maybe you misunderstood me. Her clothes reminded me to Weir, not her character or face. Ming-Na was the nicest actress on the MGM website and I liked too, what she said about the SG franchise in Wray's character profile.
    Okay, I understand you better than. I guess it's important to remember that Weir was a diplomat and Wray is a higher-ranking IOA member. While their jobs aren't the same, they are similar, and "nice" women's clothes tend to be the same style, just like most business suits look the same, just variations on color and style

    I really liked Ming Na's character profile as well. She seems like a really nice person, and I've seen her in a few things already and really admire her as an actress. I'm excited to see what happens
    Sig by Pandora's Box

  16. #16
    Captain shockwave's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,310

    Default Re: Character Profile - Camile Wray

    Wray, the asian-lesbian weir

  17. #17

    Default Re: Character Profile - Camile Wray

    Hopefully, the characters will stick with their original clothes since they won't be able to find new ones on board the Destiny (unless they are of Ancient design, that is).

  18. #18
    Lieutenant Colonel Eternal Density's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Messing with Repoman
    Posts
    4,185

    Default Re: Character Profile - Camile Wray

    Quote Originally Posted by sblade View Post
    Hopefully, the characters will stick with their original clothes
    They certainly will start to stick after a few days...
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

  19. #19
    Colonel
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    6,478

    Default Re: Camille Wray/Ming Na Discussion/WOW/Appreciation

    yeah, I know her from Vanished

  20. #20
    Lieutenant Colonel Coronach's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Location
    "With my by myself."
    Posts
    3,511

    Default Re: Camille Wray/Ming Na Discussion/WOW/Appreciation

    Found this exclusive photo at:

    http://blastmagazine.com/the-magazin...gate-universe/



    Visit URL for an image you can click on and enlarge. It's a great quality and very cool picture

    Can't wait to see what information they get from this interview
    Sig by Pandora's Box

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Wray of Light (Interview with Ming-Na)
    By GateWorld in forum GateWorld Features
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 26th, 2010, 12:11 AM
  2. Camille Wray - Character Analysis
    By IrishPisano in forum SGU Characters & Relationships
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: June 11th, 2010, 05:14 PM
  3. Camile Wray/Sharon Ship/Discussion/Appreciation
    By Madwelshboy in forum SGU Characters & Relationships
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: April 7th, 2010, 02:53 PM
  4. Replies: 35
    Last Post: April 4th, 2010, 07:29 PM
  5. Camille Wray's role within the IOA
    By ckwongau in forum SGU General Discussion
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: August 26th, 2009, 09:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •