Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Mighty Avenger - Moderator Madwelshboy's Avatar
    Somewhere between the lab and labour ward

Default Camille Wray/Ming Na Discussion/WOW/Appreciation

This thread is for those that enjoy and wish to discuss the actor Ming Na and her SGU, IOA accountant Camille Wray.

It is NOT a place to debate the merits of the character,its also not the place dish the private aspects of the actor's life.

The IOA just got sexy!!

And the best saved for last:-

Captain

Default Character Profile - Camile Wray

ComingSoon.net has your exclusive first look at a "SGU: Stargate Universe" character profile of Camile Wray, played by Ming-Na in the upcoming SyFy show coming this fall.

"SGU" follows a band of soldiers, scientists and civilians, who must fend for themselves as they are forced through a Stargate when their hidden base comes under attack. The desperate survivors emerge aboard an ancient ship, which is locked on an unknown course and unable to return to Earth. Faced with meeting the most basic needs of food, water and air, the group must unlock the secrets of the ship’s Stargate to survive. The danger, adventure and hope they find on board the Destiny will reveal the heroes and villains among them.

If you are attending Comic-Con in San Diego, the "SGU: Stargate Universe" panel is at 10:30AM in Ballroom 20 on Friday, July 24. The presentation will include a first look at footage from the show that will probably not be shown anywhere again! Attending the panel will be Robert Carlyle, Brian J. Smith, Elyse Levesque, David Blue, Alaina Huffman, Jamil Walker Smith and Ming-Na alongside series co-creators Brad Wright and Robert Cooper. There is a video at the link

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=56973

Default Re: Character Profile - Camile Wray

MGM's twitter has been posting updates on the different cast pieces all day. Robert Carlyle's piece just went up!! http://twitter.com/MGM_Studios

Have you seen the new Wray pictures on MGM website? She looks like a Weir clone, because the clothes are so similar. I hope they will change this.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

Quote Originally Posted by Platschu View Post
    Have you seen the new Wray pictures on MGM website? She looks like a Weir clone, because the clothes are so similar. I hope they will change this.
    I like Ming-Na. I like SGU. I like MGM. I like and trust where Brad and Robert are taking the franchise.

What I cannot understand is why an unmarried(*) Asian character has the surname 'Wray', was she adopted?

Can someone enlighten me?

Do we see blonde-haried, blue-eyed guys being called Kawasaki or Cheung?

:L

[I assume shes unmarried because of other spoilerific things that have been mentioned about her character on here and elsewhere]

Quote Originally Posted by lmoroney View Post
    I like Ming-Na. I like SGU. I like MGM. I like and trust where Brad and Robert are taking the franchise.

What I cannot understand is why an unmarried(*) Asian character has the surname 'Wray', was she adopted?

[I assume shes unmarried because of other spoilerific things that have been mentioned about her character on here and elsewhere]
    Maybe they'll explain this. Or it could be the case that she's half-asian, and her father was of a different nationality

I am quite excited at everything Brad and Rob have been saying about the series, and I'm very optimistic about it.

Also, I don't think Wray looks like a Weir clone in the slightest, and I loved Weir
    Sig by Pandora's Box

That name never struck me as being non-asian. Besides, as was pointed out Coronach the most likely scenario is that her old man is American and she took his name.

I'm sure in the character breakdown the character was listed as Asian-American.

Anyway I love Ming Na!!

I love what she has to say about her character. It sounds like she'll be nicely complex

Quote Originally Posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    I'm sure in the character breakdown the character was listed as Asian-American.
    She wasn't listed as Asian in the breakdowns, if memory serves. But Tamara was.

They cast the best actresses, and make the parts fit.

GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - RSS
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Does her surname have to be conventionally Asian?

As for the unmarried thing, I think that's dependant on what state she is from (if in the US) or what country she is from on the international stage. Which makes her character all the more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    She wasn't listed as Asian in the breakdowns, if memory serves. But Tamara was.

They cast the best actresses, and make the parts fit.
    You are indeed correct

Maybe you misunderstood me. Her clothes reminded me to Weir, not her character or face. Ming-Na was the nicest actress on the MGM website and I liked too, what she said about the SG franchise in Wray's character profile.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

Default Re: Camille Wray/Ming Na Discussion/WOW/Appreciation

From the MGM site

Quote Originally Posted by Platschu View Post
    Maybe you misunderstood me. Her clothes reminded me to Weir, not her character or face. Ming-Na was the nicest actress on the MGM website and I liked too, what she said about the SG franchise in Wray's character profile.
    Okay, I understand you better than. I guess it's important to remember that Weir was a diplomat and Wray is a higher-ranking IOA member. While their jobs aren't the same, they are similar, and "nice" women's clothes tend to be the same style, just like most business suits look the same, just variations on color and style

I really liked Ming Na's character profile as well. She seems like a really nice person, and I've seen her in a few things already and really admire her as an actress. I'm excited to see what happens
    Sig by Pandora's Box

Wray, the asian-lesbian weir

Hopefully, the characters will stick with their original clothes since they won't be able to find new ones on board the Destiny (unless they are of Ancient design, that is).

Lieutenant Colonel Eternal Density's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sblade View Post
    Hopefully, the characters will stick with their original clothes
    They certainly will start to stick after a few days...
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Colonel

yeah, I know her from Vanished

Found this exclusive photo at:

http://blastmagazine.com/the-magazin...gate-universe/

Visit URL for an image you can click on and enlarge. It's a great quality and very cool picture

Can't wait to see what information they get from this interview
    Sig by Pandora's Box