This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Season 9 Spoiler Thread

I know we had a spoiler thread for last year, but so we can have all the season info in one place, here's the season 9 spoiler thread!!!

Here you'll find, episode descriptions, promo photos, trailers and videos, casting sides & descriptions and small spoiler tidbits

Don't forget to use this thread along with the "season 9 hope/fears/predictions thread", which will have more general spoiler less news about the season.

Episode #9-1: "Savior"
    Guest Stars: Brian Austin Green (Metallo/John Corben)

UPDATED 6/26/09: We can now confirm the title is indeed "Savior."
    - Casting notices have gone out for "Alia," a "beautiful, sexy femme fatale assassin with mysteriously intimate ties to Clark and Krypton." She's an expert fighter, especially with a throwing star and a sword. They're looking for a martial arts background, and this role will recur.

Another female soldier who is described as "sexy and hot" is "Fiona." She wears a faded military jacket and turns against her leader. Together with another soldier named "Basqat" she imprisons her leader. This role may recur too.

UPDATED 6/21/09: TV Guide has said that Callum Blue makes his first appearance in this episode as Zod, and he will be a series regular.

UPDATED 6/21/09: Matt Mitovich of TV Guide says that we first meet field journalist John Corben as he steps into the shoes of a missing-in-action Clark Kent.

UPDATED 6/18/09: TV Guide has revealed that Beverly Hills 90210 and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles alum Brian Austin Green has been cast in "at least the first two episodes of Season 9" as Superman comics villain "Metallo." In this version of the story, Metallo's alter ego of John Corben will be a journalist for the Daily Planet.

Episode #9-2: "Metallo"
    Guest Stars: Brian Austin Green (Metallo/John Corben)

http://www.kryptonsite.com/

Comment

Mason Casting Scene

Here are some details from the scenes that will be used to cast Mason.

- The scene takes place on the Queen Industries jet, and involves Mason with Tess.
      - Tess is rushing onto the jet and is surprised by Mason's voice, who asks her if she's "All work and no play?"

- Tess tells Mason that she hoped he would have mastered more than a lexicon of cliches by now. He tells Tess she can stand down, becuase "it's me," and Tess says that "precisely who 'you' are is a little nebulous at the moment." Mason reminds her that that is "exactly the way you like it." He then keeps trying to find ways to try to seduce her.
      - It sounds like Tess might "betray" Mason. In a later scene, Tess returns to the Luthor Mansion to find him inside, waiting. He mentions that she "turned on him" but he "survived it," and then works on psychoanalyzing Tess yet again.
      - He tells Tess "I trusted you!" and tells her that he was the one shot she had at a fairy tale ending. She pulls a gun on him, and reminds him "You still need me." He realizes she's right.

Note we still dont know if Mason is actually Zod!!

Comment

Interesting stuff thus far. Thanks, Madwelshboy.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Michelle in the United Kingdom: Any Smallville season-nine news?

Green Arrow himself, aka Justin Hartley, tells us, "I heard Oliver's going to start drinking again. He'd better be a funny drunk. Who wants an angry drunk around?"

http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/watch...n_make_it.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
            Michelle in the United Kingdom: Any Smallville season-nine news?

Green Arrow himself, aka Justin Hartley, tells us, "I heard Oliver's going to start drinking again. He'd better be a funny drunk. Who wants an angry drunk around?"

http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/watch...n_make_it.html
            Poor Oliver. That is not the answer. Should be interesting to watch though.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I am super-excited (pun intended) about Brian Austin Green appearing on Smallville! Is there is any chance he will be on for more than two episodes? — Gabriela

MATT: At this juncture, BAG has been tagged for only the first two episodes of Season 9. But your query allows me to share this scooplet about Metallo's small-screen origin tale: The producers tell me that soon after mild-mannered John Corben begins his "Daily Planet" gig, "his fate takes a horrific twist that will change his destiny forever." Hmm, would that be Prof. Emmett Vale's cue?

http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz...I-1007543.aspx

Comment

Question: Ever since the news of Callum Blue being cast as Zod on Smallville was reported, there is one question we are all dying to know: Was the "Mason" role, in fact, Zod? --C.B.

Ausiello: Yep, it sure was. Speaking of which, Justin Hartley doesn't think a Green Arrow-Zod face-off is in the cards next season. "I have the good sense in my head to let Clark deal with [him]," he says with a laugh. "I'll stick to dealing with the ladies. Why would I start something with that guy? That guy looks tall in photos. I don't need a piece of that guy."

Question: Could you kindly tell us Smallville fans what Season 9 will be about? --Colin

Ausiello: According to Justin Hartley, a portion of it will be about Oliver confronting his demons. "I think he is going to struggle with the things he has been afforded [as a result of] his powers," he says. "He has sacrificed things and done things that haunt him… It's bad stuff. We need to get to the bottom of it."

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/07/...-and-more.html

Comment

Question: Ever since the news of Callum Blue being cast as Zod on Smallville was reported, there is one question we are all dying to know: Was the "Mason" role, in fact, Zod? --C.B.

Ausiello: Yep, it sure was. Speaking of which, Justin Hartley doesn't think a Green Arrow-Zod face-off is in the cards next season. "I have the good sense in my head to let Clark deal with [him]," he says with a laugh. "I'll stick to dealing with the ladies. Why would I start something with that guy? That guy looks tall in photos. I don't need a piece of that guy."

Question: Could you kindly tell us Smallville fans what Season 9 will be about? --Colin

Ausiello: According to Justin Hartley, a portion of it will be about Oliver confronting his demons. "I think he is going to struggle with the things he has been afforded [as a result of] his powers," he says. "He has sacrificed things and done things that haunt him… It's bad stuff. We need to get to the bottom of it."

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/07/...-and-more.html
                  That should be good stuff to watch. Thankfully I really like Oliver/Green Arrow.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

so mason and zod are going to be the same dude?

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                      so mason and zod are going to be the same dude?
                      Possibly, Zod may use the name Mason to blend into the world, while he gets his plans underway or when putting out the casting side they used the name Mason as a code. tho both are just speculation

Comment

Thanks for the info Madwelshboy! :-)
                        sigpic

Comment

Episode #9-1: "Savior" UPDATED 7/4/09

- Dr. Emil Hamilton appears and shares a scene with Chloe.
                          - Lois returns from wherever she disappeared to in "Doomsday."
                          - Clark takes on a new approach to fighting crime in Metropolis.

Comment

Episode #9-1: "Savior" UPDATED 7/4/09

- Dr. Emil Hamilton appears and shares a scene with Chloe.
                            Cool! :-)

- Lois returns from wherever she disappeared to in "Doomsday."
                            Yeah...where did she disappear to anyway? Glad she's back!

- Clark takes on a new approach to fighting crime in Metropolis.

I wonder if this means he'll be wearing tights!
                            sigpic

Comment

Lorraine in the United Kingdom: Any chance of some Chloe-Oliver action on Smallville next season? I just love those two characters!

Sorry, no Chloe-Oliver gettin' together on Smallville this season, but they will continue to be awesome separately. We're hearing the big romance arc this season is Lois and Clark.

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch...reak_from.html

Comment

Working...
                              X