Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transformers Revenge post viewing thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transformers Revenge post viewing thread.

Just wondering what every one else thought. I really enjoyed it except that I thought they tried to cram waaaaay too many characters in for any of them to really get any screen time. Except those damn twins. They were on screen being annoying for far too long. And the cons were really easy to beat this time around too.

I think my favorite new character was Wheelie. If I was a girl I'd so get him tattooed humping my leg. Heck I might any way if it wasn't all ready covered up.
    Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

I loved it. Except for the racist caricature twins, holy crap.

But yeah, easily as good as the first one.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I loved it, and so did my fiancee. I can't wait to go see it again.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        I loved it. Except for the racist caricature twins, holy crap.

But yeah, easily as good as the first one.
        Mind explaining a bit more? What happened? I don't intend to see this film anytime soon... just wanted to know if the scene was really that bad.

Comment

Edited for spoilers

I kinda laughed at the twins, people should be less uptight. I was surrounded by black people in the theatre and they were laughing and enjoying the twins as much, if not more than me.
          Spoiler:

I liked the Obama dig too, lol. Devistator having giant steel balls was funny too. And the movie was full of things humping other things. Haha.

Nothing is sacred, unclench and enjoy life.

The pyramid being climed and torn open was an amazing visual. The tomb of the matrix being made out of transformer corpses was creepy. The Fallen showed scary villian powers. Primes death made me sniffle just like his death in the 80s, prolly alittle more actually. Sams dad screaming for him to run, hes dead anyways hit me pretty hard. Scorponox had the shortest cameo of all, lol. The aircraft carrier was an excellent visual, grats to the studio that animated it.

Just some thots.

Oh and racial steriotype characters entertain because there ARE people out there like that and theyre not necessarily black. K-fed anyone?
          Last edited by kymeric; 27 June 2009, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Not necessary.
            This thread is spoiler-tag free so people who have seen the movie can post freely.

The main thread is for News/Spec/Spoilers and where the spoiler tags should have been used by those who've actually seen the movie...
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              Not necessary.
              This thread is spoiler-tag free so people who have seen the movie can post freely.

The main thread is for News/Spec/Spoilers and where the spoiler tags should have been used by those who've actually seen the movie...
              But doesnt that mean, there will be a identical discussion going on in 2 separate threads. The only difference being one with
              Spoiler:
              info here
              in it while the other wont, but they will both contain the same opinions and information.

Comment

Just posted to the other thread to clarify.

At some point the threads may be combined,depending on what Darren/Sky decide.

For now though,if someone visits the main thread ,the tags are required,to keep readers spoiler free if they wish on plot/scene points like they've been for months.

If on the other hand ,people want to just post freely about scenes and details from the movie ,they can use this thread.

( This follows what we did re the new ST Movie.)
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                  Mind explaining a bit more? What happened? I don't intend to see this film anytime soon... just wanted to know if the scene was really that bad.
                  Throughout the movie.... There are two Autobots (the "twins") who talk 'street', are colossally stupid, and actually can't read. Oh, and one of them has a gold tooth. It doesn't sound as bad when I summarize it just like that, but I had a pretty continuous *omg* reaction throughout the movie whenever they were in the shot. Honestly, it was bad enough that I was waiting to see when Michael Bay would slip in a KFC or watermelon joke.

Sure there are some people who are like that in real life, but I really think that the twins show a stunning degree of ignorance from Bay--if not outright racism. The line from parody to prejudice is very thin (that's why Dave Chappelle quit his show for instance, he couldn't tell where the line was anymore), and I think Bay crossed the line and kept running. He could've easily made it parody if he'd named them Stepin and Fetchit, something really tongue in cheek like that, but he didn't bother.

For me personally, it doesn't really bother me that much. I went to school with and have worked with far worse. But that doesn't have to stop me from saying "holy frak" at 'the twins'.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Already posted a quick run through in the original thread..... so i'll just expand on what i already said.

Good

CGI is top notch.... best i've seen from ILM ever TBH, not surprised at the rumours of ILM's mainframe acting up after rendering scenes

Prime was Badass.....The shot of his second blade extending and 'I'll take you ALL on' brought up goosebumps for me.... and the way he dispatched the fallen and dealt with megs at the end

The Twins- So what if they were stupid rednecks..... i loved them. They had some great comedic lines ''It's meant to hurt, it's an ass-whooping' 'Cuz your a p***y' ETC... really cracked me up.

Jetfire- Complete and utter Awesome! Can't say much more than this..... came very close to p*ssing myself laughing at his 'b*ll*cks' line BOTH times i've seen the movie.

Kevin Dunn- First movie he was quite quiet... neither parents did that much..... but Dunn completely sold me on Sam's dad trying desperately to hide the fact he was in the same emotional boat as Judy was.... and the fear.. then relief he showed during the Egypt scenes.

Megs and StarScream were don't brilliantly, SS seemed much more like his G1 personality. I admit i don't have the best knowledge on how the G1 characters acted... but from what i know.... and what's been said.... Bay got them right.

Bumblebee was Badass in a few scenes as well. Watching him hand Rampage his ass... after ripping Ravage's spine out.... was something i thought was missing from the first movie.

When done right the humour was great...... LMAO at the orange smoke sequence.... and the countless other good, comedic moments.

Shia.... I thought he did great at the crazy scenes....

The bad

Despite the 2 hours 27 minute run time.... it felt too rushed.
                    I was confused during the climatic battle as to who was who..... not cuz i couldn't see what was going on... but because characters popped up here... then there... and somewhere else.... all at once.

Strange shot of Bonecrusher...... Yes Bonecrusher. There's a shot of a line of advancing 'Cons.... and slap bang in the centre is Bonecrusher in Vehicles mode.

Too many characters...... Not sure why but there were far too many Autobots in movie..... Jolt was only added late on after a load of pressure from GM... but still 2 scenes and not a single line? Waste of time and effort..., Sideswipe had a bit more to do , but again, only had one or two lines, despite that ... he was awesome... drool-worthy alt mode.... and a badass attack on Sideways..... Hide, Ratchet... reduced to secondary characters....the Arcee bikes.... never explained if they were one unit or three seperate units in a team,which is annoying, as the confusion in the run up was annoying to say the least.

Soundwave was nothing more than a head poking out the top of a USAF satellite..... He was taken out of the first movie, cuz they didn't want him to be just a glorified cameo..... and yet i feel he was in ROTF.

The Ugly

close-up of Simmons' butt in a thong Good God! There were some of the cast i would have liked to have seen in a thong.... and it sure as hell wasn't Turturro

Devestator had testicles..... No lie. Pointless joke... same goes for the kitchen bot with a gigantic cannon where it's gonads would have been..... and Judy high on pot.

The Gay dog sex)WHY???????

Wheelie madly humping Megan's leg.... again... no real need for wheelie to do that at all....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                      Already posted a quick run through in the original thread..... so i'll just expand on what i already said.

Good

CGI is top notch.... best i've seen from ILM ever TBH, not surprised at the rumours of ILM's mainframe acting up after rendering scenes

Prime was Badass.....The shot of his second blade extending and 'I'll take you ALL on' brought up goosebumps for me.... and the way he dispatched the fallen and dealt with megs at the end

The Twins- So what if they were stupid rednecks..... i loved them. They had some great comedic lines ''It's meant to hurt, it's an ass-whooping' 'Cuz your a p***y' ETC... really cracked me up.

Jetfire- Complete and utter Awesome! Can't say much more than this..... came very close to p*ssing myself laughing at his 'b*ll*cks' line BOTH times i've seen the movie.

Kevin Dunn- First movie he was quite quiet... neither parents did that much..... but Dunn completely sold me on Sam's dad trying desperately to hide the fact he was in the same emotional boat as Judy was.... and the fear.. then relief he showed during the Egypt scenes.

Megs and StarScream were don't brilliantly, SS seemed much more like his G1 personality. I admit i don't have the best knowledge on how the G1 characters acted... but from what i know.... and what's been said.... Bay got them right.

Bumblebee was Badass in a few scenes as well. Watching him hand Rampage his ass... after ripping Ravage's spine out.... was something i thought was missing from the first movie.

When done right the humour was great...... LMAO at the orange smoke sequence.... and the countless other good, comedic moments.

Shia.... I thought he did great at the crazy scenes....

The bad

Despite the 2 hours 27 minute run time.... it felt too rushed.
                      I was confused during the climatic battle as to who was who..... not cuz i couldn't see what was going on... but because characters popped up here... then there... and somewhere else.... all at once.

Strange shot of Bonecrusher...... Yes Bonecrusher. There's a shot of a line of advancing 'Cons.... and slap bang in the centre is Bonecrusher in Vehicles mode.

Too many characters...... Not sure why but there were far too many Autobots in movie..... Jolt was only added late on after a load of pressure from GM... but still 2 scenes and not a single line? Waste of time and effort..., Sideswipe had a bit more to do , but again, only had one or two lines, despite that ... he was awesome... drool-worthy alt mode.... and a badass attack on Sideways..... Hide, Ratchet... reduced to secondary characters....the Arcee bikes.... never explained if they were one unit or three seperate units in a team,which is annoying, as the confusion in the run up was annoying to say the least.

Soundwave was nothing more than a head poking out the top of a USAF satellite..... He was taken out of the first movie, cuz they didn't want him to be just a glorified cameo..... and yet i feel he was in ROTF.

The Ugly

close-up of Simmons' butt in a thong Good God! There were some of the cast i would have liked to have seen in a thong.... and it sure as hell wasn't Turturro

Devestator had testicles..... No lie. Pointless joke... same goes for the kitchen bot with a gigantic cannon where it's gonads would have been..... and Judy high on pot.

The Gay dog sex)WHY???????

Wheelie madly humping Megan's leg.... again... no real need for wheelie to do that at all....

wow, thank you so much for that now i have been warned i haven't seen it yet, but now i know what to look for , so thanks
                      sigpic
                      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

somehow i get the impression after reading the post that this is going to weird version of The Garbage Pail Kids , but with robots LOL,

HONESTLY , I rather read threads of info about movies like this before i see them , so if it comes down to i vote to keep both threads open , but i am not in charge of that i am stating my IMHO
                        sigpic
                        May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

From my understanding the Twins weren't the only ones who couldn't read- wasn't that the whole point of seeking out the oldtimer? To find someone who could read the ANCIENT LANGUAGE?

Didn't find the Twins offensive, just kind of annoying. I grouped them together with a lot of other elements that tried too hard to be funny and just wound up being kinda lame. Like the humping dogs. And the tripped-out Mom. And the robo-balls. Still thought the movie was a lot of fun, but then I went into it expecting exactly that: lots of fun with no substance at all. It's another in a long line of vapid Hollywood blockbusters and trying to read anything into it is, I think, kinda missing the point.

BTW, Canon movie spoilers? ...Is there another kind?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                            Didn't find the Twins offensive, just kind of annoying. I grouped them together with a lot of other elements that tried too hard to be funny and just wound up being kinda lame. Like the humping dogs. And the tripped-out Mom. And the robo-balls.
                            I agree with that. The amount of thing being blown up, why couldnt they do it to the twins

Comment

have any of you watched beast machines, the sequal to beast wars?

I will assume you have...did you think the arcee bikes, described as three bots rather than one looked like the bike boss on cybertron thrust?

and the hatchlings looked like jetstorm?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X